The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 33>104 New Magazine In Production NOW! Suck it Flow!

Default Re: 33>104 New Magazine In Production NOW! Suck it Flow!

youve got my subscription!

i would stay away from any material that mixes mj and glass. that is the whole problem. glass is for tobacco use only and until you KIDS get it you will relive the past we all lived through. yeah i get it most of you were 10 to 14 years old when we dealt with opd.

as cool as we all think that mj is...it is still ILLEGAL. why don't you go to the cops with a case of glass(new and unused) and throw 1 dirty pipe in there....they are all dirty.

pipes are about glass. magazines for glass should be about glass. high times glass issue is a joke, so if you want to be a joke....

around here, we want acceptance of an art form.

Quote Originally Posted by DibbleDabble View Post
    My inspiration to come here, gear up, and work on the torch were all coddled by marijuana, which has then opened my eyes to other things a lamper could make. I for one ,would see this mag aimed straight at me.
    I don't see you stepping over the line.

I don't see any sense in tiptoeing around the fact of what people put in the pipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    No really I was taught that way. It is venetian. That is how lampworking was invented. Back 5000 years ago, it was to enslave women and children and make them make christmas ornaments wile the men worked in the hotshop.

Blog Entries

if you haven't been here very long i can see why you would miss the point of the oldschool criticism. do you linestepping dab quixote's realize that there are forums out there that don't care about getting their rep tied up with drugs? maybe you would be more comfortable over there...
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    if you haven't been here very long i can see why you would miss the point of the oldschool criticism. do you linestepping dab quixote's realize that there are forums out there that don't care about getting their rep tied up with drugs? maybe you would be more comfortable over there...
    mer if they would only listen to these words you speak.

for fucks sake people this site is by far the most imformative glass environment on the interwebs and we have a very serious desire to keep it glass related.

why is this so hard for so many newbs to understand.
    life>fiction

In 03 I was 21 , still a kid, but I understand these folks were pressed by authoritys for selling across state lines to states where there were tight mj and paraphernalia laws. We're decriminalized here in ca. I do not agree with the authority's position , however those who sell their pipe art take chances with respect to the law... I think this all comes with the territory.... And we made these choices before we set up shop... No?

If pipes were about glass and you are at no means trying to impress the "user" then is your energy being directed in the best possible way for your talents to be recognized as an artist or are you just trying to impress other artists. Art is to be admired.

Have you considered you may not be his target demographic ?

Yea " glass is for tobacco" may be the status quo posistion but we all know who pays for these pipes...
    And so do the cops. I think one is kidding themself if they think a label keeps them safe.

When in ca. pipe shops and I see "for tobacco use" only , I laugh like someone said a funny joke.
    Am I alone here?

Jail is no joke , and i sympathize with your argument ,but the dance is retarded.

One could say times are changing.

I think responsibility, honesty and integrity will bring legitamite acceptance rather than conducting ones self in a false tense.

^i still don't think a glass magazine should be having articles about making bho. If it's about glass, instructions on how to manufacture drugs shouldn't be in there.
    Anthony - SJS

Glass Sanctuary]: Emmett's Glass has entered at 6:20 pm
    [Emmett's Glass] 6:20 pm: hey
    [Emmett's Glass] 6:21 pm: time togo beat the kid and dog
    [Glass Sanctuary]: Emmett's Glass has left at 6:21 pm

Progress thread - http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...383#post667383

Quote Originally Posted by DibbleDabble
    Have you considered you may not be his target demographic ?
    It's rather apparent, given that this forum is mainly composed of people who would like to talk about glass and not potentially illegal topics in the same place.

I think one is kidding themself if they think a label keeps them safe.
    That is spoken like someone who has never operated or worked at a pipe store. In many states, undercover officers will go in and try to fuck with shops just like they send underage people to buy alcohol or tobacco. Like it or not, the fact is that the people who built this industry have had to deal with some extreme legal bullshit, and this is how we survived. Sorry if you think our 'dance is retarded', do you think this was our idea?

When in ca. pipe shops and I see "for tobacco use" only , I laugh like someone said a funny joke.
    Am I alone here?
    Cannabis is still illegal federally. Things may not be the same in California in 5 or 10 years, who knows? I wouldn't go around saying 'HI THIS PIPE IS FOR HASH OIL!' on HGTV like that one blower, whether I lived in CA or not. Plenty of blowers from med states sell in other states, and basically declaring 'hey, my stuff is illegal under federal law! want to buy some?' still seems like a pretty dicey plan to me.

Does it seem like a funny joke to me? Hmm, ask Saeed, Jason Harris, or thousands of other lesser known people involved in the industry how hilarious it is.

I don't believe the subject of this site forum is at question. It is certainly the best a place for glass knowledge to be passed along in a responsible way. It is obvious the forum is socially policed to keep things the way they are and keep things "cool" . Thank you for the insight . it's not hard to understand. But homeboy is going in another direction in which I applaud his efforts.
    At the same time I would hate to see him wrapped up for it.
    I might be a newb but don't kid yourself As to how you might be perceived. Unless all you make is goblets , marbles,and unicorns ( no disrespect)

I'm not sayin don't dance! - Do what you got to do to get paid-. I never said sellin pipes wasn't a risky deal.

I'm on you're side and I can get with the program here.

Lets Dance . Don't do drugs.
    Last edited by DibbleDabble; 04-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Adam, best of luck with your endeavor.
    Last edited by boxfan willy; 04-19-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: because I should be nice
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

www.theflowmagazine.com
    our sister publications
    www.profitableglass.com
    www.glasspatterns.com

I get it
    No disrespect, But, DUde!!! - mer- come on now !, what is left to the imagination when reading your sig?
    Last edited by DibbleDabble; 04-18-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries

i think you might have to be dabbing actual ear wax if you think anybody would take my sig seriously.

still, i will remove it if you change your name to something that will get you around the block. i don't do this for the phat paycheck man, i am trying to give y'all the same kind of leg up that i was lucky enough to get. you are still a young guy, you could benefit from listening to us old fux. we have been independent for 10, 20, 30 years. i raised a daughter on the back of an underground industry. we have never had bosses. it was never easy, we have paid our dues. when you show up and tell me how i should run this forum how do you imagine that you look to me?

i wish i had stfu when i was young. the people who were hooking me up with skills out of pure love... i didn't realize the value of the gift until i looked back on it. i'm not giving up on kids just because they think this laisez-faire legislation is going to last. i'm built for a storm and i want to help y'all be too.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

I see ya. And on behalf of the newbs thanks for lookin out
    I guess in an ideal world it would be nice to drop the bs.
    I mean ,don't the people who really care about pipes also care
    About mj and it's constituents , sure.
    I t could be a sign of the times that homeboy has the huevos and confidence
    To take on such a work
    Godspeed Adam

... linestepping dab quixote's

/thread
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Quote Originally Posted by loydb View Post
    I think you're doing a disservice to the glass community by including crap like 'making erlll'.
    This, Its know how to do that shit all over the net.

glass please
    Insert witty glass comment here----->

"hollow", a haiku:

boro color lies
    transparent shows you the truth
    make one hundred first

-Bunyip

best of luck with your endeavor...
    Last edited by boxfan willy; 04-19-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: because it is increasingly difficult to be nice
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

www.theflowmagazine.com
    our sister publications
    www.profitableglass.com
    www.glasspatterns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greymatter Glass View Post
    That said, I have seen several attempts start and stop in the same quarter. If there's any money in it then it's long money, and that's a huge risk. It _HAS_ to be a labor of love or it will fail. I knew Wil and Jen when they were starting The Flow, there's no question that The Flow exists today because they sacrificed damn near everything for the first few years of that magazine - and they're still on that grind. You're going to have to fight for your place at the Grown Ups table.
    Thanks for saying that Doug. If I read this first, I could have saved a half hour of typing. Much love.

Shut up an blow glass!
    Last edited by boxfan willy; 04-19-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: because I failed miserably at being nice!

www.theflowmagazine.com
    our sister publications
    www.profitableglass.com
    www.glasspatterns.com

Quote Originally Posted by boxfan willy View Post
    shut up and blow glass!
    Amen! to that!

I don't think you would have been received with such harsh criticism if you hadn't started things out with such a snide little joke. if you value your investment I would suggest you get a different spokesperson. first impressions are crucial and in my opinion this will be with you for a while.
    Ponder on this, think real hard about this statement ..... place this in your heart and mind and know this is truth!! Well said Mer, I've got first hand experience with this. I started a forum, for the community mind you!, but the name (angry mandrel) and the way it was introduced started the entire thing out wrong. Even though it was a forum FOR us, the artist AND the vendor, it turned into a blood bath of he said she said and without the support of the community it just kinda poofed in and out, here and there. That is why I say listen and learn from us old fuckz.

In saying that, I would love another glass mag to read. There can never be too much information out there. The Flow, Glassline and Profitable glass should be in every glassblowers mailbox, maybe they'll be adding yours, we'll see!

peace,
    Last edited by Samson; 04-19-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: added
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Image is so vital to success. I don't believe you meant anything personal by your statement Adam but P.R. is image and that is key. Trashing even in play comes off as tacky and discomforting I would (like mer said) hire a well spoken, open minded individual to run your Public Relations department. I would also contact Will and Jen an see if bridges can be mended.

It is only though unity that we will all see our dreams realized in our culture.

With that said, Will, I have several of your issues, and will be calling for a subscription very soon, and Adam I will support any glass magazine that is beneficial to my work, and way of life. So count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by boxfan willy View Post
    Thanks for saying that Doug. If I read this first, I could have saved a half hour of typing.
    Personally I enjoyed reading your comment. I love hearing tha "up hill both ways" stories.
    Last edited by MarioSC; 04-19-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: correct spelling