The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting in to GlassRoots

Default Getting in to GlassRoots

Hey everyone, i've been on the forums for awhile but have since hung my torch up for the time being. Still in love with the culture and now after moving to a Big City looking at getting into it again. I am planning a trip to Austin for the AAGI show to see some of my Fav's do their thing up on stage, including the makers of my 2 favorite pipes in my collection POGO and Kage. My question is not on this activity but more of the other spectical which is the Glass Roots tent! I am tryin to get in so I can buy some wholesale for my buddies shop back in my home town in New Mexico but I know you have to be a flame worker or business owner to get into the GlassRoots tent. Any way of proving my dedication to the culture of lampworking to get into the tent or am I SOL and will just have to enjoy the free shows?!?!

Any info you have on the show or anyone who is going is more than welcomed and encouraged to share their Knowledge and experiences with me please!

Default Re: Getting in to GlassRoots

Have your store owning buddy to contact Glass Roots management and put you down as an buyer representative. I know stores here that send employees to shows to buy products. ssame kind of set up.

But if your going to do that, dont show up and not buy stuff for his store. have him send you with payment ability. ( signed checks/cash/ whatever)

There is a whole glassroots section in the forum. If you ask your questions there, the appropriate people will be able to answer you.

Aymie

Or I can just move the thread there to help.
    ~Misha

That would be awesome.

Aymie

Thanks everyone, and of corse i'd be ther to buy. I will contact Glass roots thanks for the suggestions everyone. Hope to see you all there!

I will let nick know this thread is here so he can comment. In the meantime, I can give you some info.

First off, it's not a tent, it's a convention center. It has a covered pavilion which is where the AAGI is taking place. Glassroots takes place inside. The only tents will be across the street at the reggae fest, which isn't near as exciting and awesome as our events.

Second, they two do not take place at the same time. AAGI is Friday at 2pm until Sunday at 6pm. Glassroots kicks off with a buyer preview party at 6pm on Sunday and stays open until 5pm on Wednesday.

Glassroots is not open to the public, no matter who you are. It is a wholesale only show, and you have to provide proper documentation such as retail sales permits, etc. to get it. It's possible that buyers can send a representative, but it's also possible that the shop owners at accompany additional buyers to the show.

Personally, I would not ask your friend to get you in unless you are legitimately planning on stocking some shelves in his store, rather than just picking up a few pieces. However, I am not in charge of that am will send nick this way.

Aymie

Thank you Aymie. You are correct in that it would be wrong to just have a friend get you in to buy a few pieces. That being said, if your friend registers you and i can verify that the store you are buying for is in fact interested in having you pick up glass for their shop then i do not have a problem with it.

Thanks, I would def be stocking shelves and not just a window shopper. They are a new store and I am seriously tryin to get him in on american beautiful pieces for a good price becuase as of now all he knows is china is super cheap with a large profit. im tryin to show him their are other ways to go to get better results for close to same price.

I will contact you thru PM and have my buddy sign up for the show.

Well, you're going to the right show man. Great collection of skill and talent on display. Nick does it right, and you will meet good honest folks to deal with.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery