The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: "Glass ISN'T a liquid."

Default Re: "Glass ISN'T a liquid."

D3 isn't as fun as d2 but I still play sometimes

I'd rather play dark souls or demon souls but my damn ps3 got the yellow light of death and I'm finding I'm on the torch much more now which is a blessing in disguise
    There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive. This ecstasy, this forgetfulness of living, comes to the artist, caught up and out of himself in a sheet of flame ; it comes to the soldier, war mad on a stricken battlefield and refusing quarter. ~ Jack London

Instagram ---- Captain_Glass

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8112932332_a67e610e3b_z.jpg  
    Last edited by Din; 05-23-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    -Din

i thought i brought up the math error, but whatever. it was an errant moment either way
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RJCIif9.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	49813
    ~Kimberly
    oxygen concentrators and Momka's borosilicate glass
    Check out my YouTube Channel for videos of torches running on concentrators. I'm working on more, so stay tuned and keep checking.

glass is a liquid, just like water it just freezes at a extremly higher temp. on earth glass is frozen, but that doesnt mean glass is frozen(solid) everywhere in the galaxy so techniqually, glass is a substance with a variety of propertys that very depending on the climate it is in. thats really the only answer. its a soliquid ? idk what is water? because it can be a mulitiple number of things depending on the temperature its in. if you lived on the sun water would be a gas not a solid.. if you lived on pluto water would be a solid. if you lived on earth it ranges between all 3, so maybe this solid and liquid shit is really just a bunch of BS because it doesnt end, glass is neither, its both. to quote the simspons

Quote Originally Posted by giraffetech View Post
    glass is a liquid, just like water it just freezes at a extremly higher temp. on earth glass is frozen, but that doesnt mean glass is frozen(solid) everywhere in the galaxy so techniqually, glass is a substance with a variety of propertys that very depending on the climate it is in. thats really the only answer. its a soliquid ? idk what is water? because it can be a mulitiple number of things depending on the temperature its in. if you lived on the sun water would be a gas not a solid.. if you lived on pluto water would be a solid. if you lived on earth it ranges between all 3, so maybe this solid and liquid shit is really just a bunch of BS because it doesnt end, glass is neither, its both. to quote the simspons
    Did you actually read this thread?
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Quote Originally Posted by giraffetech View Post
    if you lived on the sun water would be a gas not a solid.
    Whoa dude, super headdie.

Worthy of a PhD in broscience.

This thread can now be officially closed.

if you lived on the sun water would be a gas not a solid.
    WRONG!!!! If you lived on the sun (an impressive feat in and of itself) water would be a plasma, not a gas. Here's a video which explains it for you nicely.

I do love when people jump in a post in a 10+ page thread without even reading it. It makes the thread so much more amusing.

Greymatter-pre coffee I tried to rep ya and stupid me reported your post like a simpleton. A thousand apologies.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Glass Is a Liquid, Just Like Soda Is a Cookie. But On The Sun, Cookies Are Sun Chips. So Obviously, Glass In Caffeinated..
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

so what is a sun dried tomato on the sun?
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Plasma
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

The sun dried tomatoes reminded me of how hungry I am, since we are on the subject could I get that with cheese in the crust and extra pepperoni. Lay on the veggies, heavy on the shrooms and peppers!!
    Oh yeah, and speaking of the plasma, how about changing channels, I hear the boys at Porter Ridge are racing again!!
    Are we having fun yet??

Amorphous solid
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    "Amorphous" redirects here. For amorphousness in computational systems, see amorphous computing. For amorphousness in science fiction, see amorphous creature. For amorphousness in set theory, see amorphous set.
    List of unsolved problems in physics What is the nature of the glass transition between a fluid or regular solid and a glassy phase? What are the physical processes giving rise to the general properties of glasses?

In condensed matter physics, an amorphous (from the Greek a, without, morphé, shape, form) or non-crystalline solid is a solid that lacks the long-range order characteristic of a crystal.
    Amorphous metals have low strength

In some older books, the term has been used synonymously with glass. Nowadays, "amorphous solid" is considered to be the overarching concept, and glass the more special case: A glass is an amorphous solid that exhibits a glass transition.[1]

Other types of amorphous solids include gels, thin films, and nanostructured materials.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_solid

Might want to make at least a read of this before commenting further ........................
    Are we having fun yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    I do love when people jump in a post in a 10+ page thread without even reading it. It makes the thread so much more amusing.

Greymatter-pre coffee I tried to rep ya and stupid me reported your post like a simpleton. A thousand apologies.
    I've done that too...lmao. Then I noticed the thread it sends to the mod room when you do it and laughed at myself.
    ~Misha

This post is far out there
    GETTING OLD STINKS ; but it's better than not getting older !!! Tim

More importantly, if you lived on the sun, what would your property taxes look like? I feel like we're finally getting somewhere here.
    -Din

OK I can't resist, glass when it is first made is a liquid, when it is in powdered form it is not glass
    GETTING OLD STINKS ; but it's better than not getting older !!! Tim

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    OK I can't resist, glass when it is first made is a liquid, when it is in powdered form it is not glass
    Totally. It's on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...zUm7UEEIY#t=33

property Tax Would Depend On What Area You Live In. i Was Looking At Some Nice Property With Amazing Sunspot Frontage But The Taxes Were 4500 a Year! On My Budget It Just Wouldn't werk. guess We're Gonna Have To Keep On Renting For s While..