The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The biggest BEST

Default The biggest BEST

Who makes the biggest best all-around sand-blaster cabinets?

I need around 4 feet of cubic space

Please help

**james**

Default Re: The biggest BEST

guyson makes some of the best blast cabinets in the world but they go from 3k-180k depending on size. i have a snap on blast cabinet that has been real good to me for years the most important thing i think about a blast cabinet is everything else that goes with it. dust collection , delivery gun, recirc hopper and so on.
    I EAT PASTE

I was a paste eater as well........(still do on occasion) Please elaborate on extras.
    Gun reclaimer blah blah blah I want a big cabinet though.

Yeah the cabinet essentially is just the housing. It's the inner workings of it that really make a big difference. You want to find a cabunet that will easily fit what you want to put in it though. The dust collector is mucho important if your running it in your shop. It helps eliminate all the dust from going all over and into your lungs.

i have an old cabinet and am aware of the problems I would like to hear details on how to set up PERFECT because I already know the wrong ways.

4 cubic feet isn't very much room.
    We built our big cabinet out of plywood and abs plastic on the inside walls. It shapes down to a collector and we use a siphon feed gun with a dust collector on the back. Make sure if you use glass for the viewing window you keep it covered with disposable sheets of plastic because whatever it is it will get blasted. I'd guess our cabinet is 12 cubic feet and we make work that doesn't fit inside. For the big stuff we use a pressure pot outside. I have a hood hooked up to a remote blower and it makes working cool and comfortable.
    Harbor Freight has a decent cabinet for around $100. We use that one for small lampwork and beads. I'd guess it's 4cubic feet. The real difference comes with the amount of air supplied if you have a good compressor your set.
    BTW: ceramic tips ware out fast. Look for the tungsten ones for durability and if you use ceramic watch you don't ruin the gun when the tip goes.
    Here in FL we need to keep a light on in the cabinet all the time or moisture starts to cake the aluminum oxide.

I don't know if that helps if you just want to buy off the shelf but building a box is pretty simple and you will have it just the size you need. Look at harbor freight for cheap blasting guns and tips.

I'm sorry I meant 4ft by 4ft. I already own the shitty harbor freight one. I want the best the safest(cleanest) most pimp system made. I only want to buy this shit one more time.

you can piece your own together, like skip said the cabinet is the small part of all this .a dust collection system is key. if you cant see what your workin on its pointless. i have seen home made units that use a dust evac system from wood working or even a huge shop vac just to filter the air . from there your sand/aluminum oxide/walnutshell/abrasive collection where you are using a pressure pot or just a gravity feed recirc will depend on what kind of system you want. when i was at the airport we used a large pressure pot and did not recycle the material because of contaminents and because of abrasive material break down. alot of abrasive material breaks down so fast that when you try to use it a second time it creates more heat and stress than a stripping abrasive action. i will find the guyson web site . out of cutiosity how much are you lookin to spend? that will all depend on what ya can get. your sayin you want the biggest and the best and the 6 foot b 4 foot one we had at the airport was around 23,000 i think. but somehow i dont think you want to spend the price of a new car on a blast cabinet .
    I EAT PASTE

talk to mike plane...