The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: register today!

Default register today!

The GAS conference in Boston will be June 12 - 15, 2013. This means the "Lifeforms" competition/exhibition is now just over a year away. It is never too early to register for this event. You do not have to have your entries done or even designed to register. You just have to intend to participate. Remember, membership in GAS is the only requirement. There are no entry fees and no jury. The competition/exhibition is open to everyone!

So register today! Here is the link: http://www.glasslifeform.org/registration.html

Of course, as soon as you have photos of your entry, send them to me and I will post them on the Lifeforms web site. This is going to be a great event so don't wait another minute. Start planning your entry now!

- Robert Mickelsen
    Robert Mickelsen
    robertmickelsen.com

Default Re: register today!

Impressive competition. Looks like an amazing opurtunity. I look forward to seeing pictures of pieces made.

just registered!

Robert showed me the list of registrants last night. There are already 3 dozen or so butt kicking artists signed up. The level of interest is significant, surprisingly so considering the show is still 6 months out. This is going to be good!
    Last edited by jesse dog; 12-07-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo!!! shit

Apparently GAS is cancelling the Boston Conference. From today's email:

"The Glass Art Society (GAS) has held a continuous succession of conferences since its inauguration in 1971. In 2012, we celebrated glass and its history in an extremely successful event in Toledo. Today, after careful consideration and with deep regret, the Board of the Glass Art Society has decided unanimously to cancel the 2013 conference in Boston."

So RAM, I suggest you bump the Lifeforms gig up a couple of weeks and have it here in Eugene to coincide with the DFO, or take it to Toronto with the TY show. GAS isn't the only game in town.