The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nothing about DFO?

Default Nothing about DFO?

Hey everybody,

Was wondering about the lack of DFO stuff here and on other forums... Did I miss something about some new politics or something...

Just curious, thanks!

Sascha

Default Re: Nothing about DFO?

Everybody's mind is too blown.......it's a stunned silence.

^^^^^^
    what he said!!

lucky mindless fucks.

next year i will not miss it again...
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

I've seen a fair bit of photos on FB.

Personally, I attended and have plenty of tales and images to share; however the anove analyses are more true than perhapd imagined. I'm still recovering. I'm not sure what 'politics' would make people not post threads... kind of an odd qiestion?

'twas a good trip.
    but I was deeply bummed by the absence of BOTH Deppe and Banjo........
    Also I was hoping LaceFace would be back to redeem herself on her '3 Sirens' piece she tried last year, and I was hoping T Funk would compete again as well.

The green tent was a bit bigger this year tho, and the additional food vendors were pretty bomb. I wasnt impressed by the additional vendors tho- mainly non-glass vendors like a headshop and whatnot..
    Of course Northstar was hooking sweet deals on odds n seconds and it was sweet to talk to the TAG ppl about all the new colors and pulls coming out.

Also I highly recommend camping, or just exploring, spots on the OR coast (weather willing). We camped, explored, tripped, and celebrated; it was the perfect pre-party ha

There did seem to be a larger crowd this year tho

All in all, cant wait till next year

J
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"

OK fine.....I'll post some pics over in the Events section!

Was good to see Robin Hood take that Peoples choice as We have a practice Arrow up in the wall at Trev's shop.
    (He wouldn't let me take any pictures to show it.. after all it was prior to DFO.)
    I'm sure someone has pictures to share..
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

the dfo was awesome! i have 530 pix from there i just havent uploaded them yet...if u guys missed it u missed out big time!! especially on the slinger movie showing! that made my trip for sure same with alcyon massive and jah attitude playing there.. ill post the pix here once they get uploaded
    Who are you to judge the life i live? i know im not perfect and i dont live to be but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean--Bob Marley

www.stickam.com/hippiglass

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    I've seen a fair bit of photos on FB.

Personally, I attended and have plenty of tales and images to share; however the anove analyses are more true than perhapd imagined. I'm still recovering. I'm not sure what 'politics' would make people not post threads... kind of an odd qiestion?
    Like: "get it as undeground as possible again" or somethimg like that:-)

Just curious, as I said...

Edit: Send them good ole letters:-)) and polaroids!!

Blog Entries

I didn't know what to think, it was very different. I mostly loved the artists they picked and the new layout was fly. I was shocked at the dabkid progression. there were constant rig sessions in and out of the smoking areas. it was also sad to see that cstone had let their best floor worker go which resulted in kiln problems that destroyed tristan's piece and slumped another. it was a transition year with me only volunteering and abe taking over, and make no mistake, its abes show now! it was still a fun time, just different. i look forward to seeing what Abe does with it in the future!

Wow pieces lost to letting someone go. Party foul, What happened Where they using a manual kiln or did the box have pre-set programs and someone set it wrong.

Glad every one had a good time, But dealing with The toke shitty dab kids would suck. I am not pro or con dab but when I watch there you tube vids they all come off like 20-30 year old jr high students.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

I was there for Friday and most of Saturday, but I had to leave two hours before the flameoff was over.

Does anyone know what Matty White was making? Also, what Tristan's piece was?

I've been to all the DFO's, every one has been different in its own way. This one seemed a bit more laid back, maybe due to the expanded back area and it wasn't on Memorial Day weekend. That's too bad about the kilns, I was wondering why there wasn't a certain red-haired kiln whiz running around.

The viewing area worked nicely this year. I could see most the action without changing spots all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jr23 View Post
    Glad every one had a good time, But dealing with The toke shitty dab kids would suck. I am not pro or con dab but when I watch there you tube vids they all come off like 20-30 year old jr high students.
    haha thats funny. Just keep in mind your source! of course they all look like morons, theyr posting vids of themselves taking hits on youtube!!

Dunno about the seperation of dabs and buds abut everyone was meshing pretty well in the tent. Also you may have changed ur mind about dabs if you got to hit the N8/Darby rocket ship torch tube. Sickest piece ive ever gotten to use and holy shit did it chong....
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"