The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nationwide Spice and Bath Salt raids.

Default Nationwide Spice and Bath Salt raids.

Default Re: Nationwide Spice and Bath Salt raids.

Wow!!!

its bullshit theyre calling spice synthetic cannabinoids. that shit is closer to meth and the salts chemistry wise than to cannabis.

As far as I've heard they have only raided the shit stores that aggressively sold synthetics
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

Operation Logjam.... As far as I can tell this is a good thing for the glass community. Glass pipes haven't been mentioned once in any reports I've read
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

Quote Originally Posted by mad alchemist View Post
    its bullshit theyre calling spice synthetic cannabinoids. that shit is closer to meth and the salts chemistry wise than to cannabis.
    Spice is full of JWH chemicals and JWH chemicals and there analogs mimic the effects of cannabis its that simple. Regardless that shit is pure garbage and any shop that didn't see the news and all the hype deserved what they got, selling that stuff is pure greed

The more i read about this, the better it is sound for the glass community. The shops selling spice are also the ones who are selling the cheap china glass.

word
    Blazin Away!
    Merrimack Valley, MA

I think this sux ass 16 shops in aalbuquerque raided this fuks with my 50.00 bux a hour tighten your belts guys only a matter of time before dea comes after glass pipes
    Glass is far from a magical money maker, You have to love it and hate it and have the drive to constantly improve.

It's interesting how most of the places that sell such products seem to be those types of stores that you really wouldn't want your glass in anyway. If your town has 16 shops that sell this crap, then your area has a real problem. Rise above. Work harder at getting your glass into a higher class of establishment. I just walked out of a shop cussing the a-hole that was telling me how much profit he was making buying $5 Chinese pipes. Seymore Green's in Boston. Fuck that guy, and all the others who sell synthetic garbage all in the name of profit. They are not about community at all.

ABQ has waaaayyy more than 16 spice shops.
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle

I know a lot of artists who say spice made their local shops have way more money to spend. It's dirty, but it's reality. A change in this will lead to a painful contraction of the pipe industry.

Every store in Austin carries it, including the nice shops.

Don't be foolish, this has everything to do with our business. They are coming after pipes because they can't stay ahead of the chemists.

Not trying to be a fear monger, but this is certainly not good news for us. The government doesn't see a difference between us and cheap import.

Aymie

Quote Originally Posted by atomgirl View Post
    I know a lot of artists who say spice made their local shops have way more money to spend. It's dirty, but it's reality. A change in this will lead to a painful contraction of the pipe industry.
    Agreed... If the shops don't close down altogether, there will be far less disposable income, which will affect everybody.

Tom

When all the people who use these products are dead from self harm or in jail as a result of harming others(many documented cases), they won't be in those shops giving them money. I find it hard to believe that anyone can positively support any of this. A shop I just visited in New Hampshire recently stopped selling synthetics, and said they lost $200-400 a day. They would have probably lost considerably more, possibly their business had they continued to sell. They did it out of a moral obligation. They also have several stores, and appear to be doing a brisk business. Most shops have been around longer than they have been selling that shit, and probably be around after they stop.

In all honesty, if you can pull down $50/hr, you can probably afford to go to other areas or trade shows to try to sell your glass. I'm across the country visiting shops right now, and they are receptive to my product. New custies, more money. Very few that I visited appeared to be selling synthetics, and no one really complained about a lack of business. I think shops are feeling the vibe that is out there, and if they're not, they are really only about cashing in on people's misery.

The real bottom line is that if you make a good product, and the shop is legit, you will sell your wares.
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Goodtimes is a good shop but I think think they felt the heat coming and were smart enough to get out of the game at the right time. Even some prominent political figures whom dont really like the idea of glass pipes have visited to buy cigars there.

If your gonna hang in the northeast for a bit Ortega whatcha up to? Any music you thinking about seeing?
    Blazin Away!
    Merrimack Valley, MA

Well this was bound to happen it was a fun cash filled ride while it lasted though, now Ill just have to count on "tobacco" users to buy my glass, not that there's any shortage.

also have to mention who cares what someone chooses to do with there own body is there choice if they end up dead or in jail they did that to them selves.
    I mean I smoked spice one time knowing good and well the package said
    "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" and I wouldn't even give a second thought to doing it again, but really who give a shit if it makes someone happy who am I or anyone for that matter to tell them what there doing is bad for them they already know that.

I'm upset at the fact that this directly affects a lot of lampworkers making a good living doing what they love to do and progressing in this lifestyle sound fucked but salt and spice shops buy a lot of glass
    Glass is far from a magical money maker, You have to love it and hate it and have the drive to constantly improve.

my skin is so dry and wrinkly since they stopped selling bath salts here

Quote Originally Posted by TlkQ View Post
    ABQ has waaaayyy more than 16 spice shops.
    last unofficial count I heard was 58 shops counting gas stations and convenience stores. 2/3 are import only, most sell bath salts, a few still sell spice (well not now...).

Albuquerque was (is?) one of the major manufacturing hubs for spice and salts, and one of those businesses went down a while back - couple months now - I'm sure the DEA used their mailing list to find the shops.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Its all good this problem will be solved by loop hole after loop hole. I bet now its name will probably Bathroom cleaner and it will contain some kind of research grade chemicals not even tested on lab rats. so I believe the DEA stand no chance of winning this one its just going to get progressively worse for the consumer now that the formula has to be changed again.