The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: West coast collab reunion / harvest reunion! Feeler!

Default West coast collab reunion / harvest reunion! Feeler!

Summer is soon to be over for a lot of us and the locking of ourselves in our glass caves for the winter will soon take place. I have been blessed to live in a very pro green area, but I could set off a nuke and not hit another glass artist. It's been a long time since I threw together a party let a lone a glass one. Many of you may have made it to my first big collaboration in Oct of 03 it was a event to be remembered.
    https://www.theflowmagazine.com/inde...c853&Itemid=61
    The event was featured in Flow magazine ^ and I feel as though the event helped kick start the current collaborations/ flame off's you see happening all over the U.S.

October is amazingly beautiful here where I live and I think it would be a great time to have a get together that isn't scorching hot. If the event takes place there is a lot of preparation to take place as I would like this event to have the same intensity the first event had. So getting tables and event tents or finding a venue will need to be organized soon as there isn't a current large shop to work from at my place. Setting up will take some gathering of volunteer's etc. The community I live in is a huge art community but most of them haven't been exposed to our molten medium so I think the potential to sell some glass to locals joining the event is very possible as no one here has been exposed to the crazy glass that is being produced these days and people here would be blown away. The reason for this collaboration for me is to see some old faces I haven't seen in a long time and to hopefully meet some new ones in the process. As I cant blow much I can guarantee I would be working as much as my body will allow me if this event were to take place.

Well anyways as I said this is a feeler thread I want to see if anyone's interested, or if there are other events in Oct. which make Oct. a bad month to host it. Thanks for looking please gimmie some feed back, I have been away for sometime and I really don't have a clue to what events people have planned out yearly anymore. Thanks - Matt
    ~FlowerMatt

Default Re: West coast collab reunion / harvest reunion! Feeler!

I guess you could move this to events section oops!
    ~FlowerMatt

Hi Matt, I'd be glad to help out any way I can. I could even take a week off to drive down and help set things up.

Sweet thanks Aaron! I got ten acres and lots of room to stretch your legs so you would be accommodated I'll let you know as things get rolling. going to need to find kilns, torches, glass sponsors etc ...lots to do. Going to probably have to build a table for the event if not rent a venue...all not a problem just need to see if there is interest first.
    ~FlowerMatt

where are you located matt? i think yer in norcal somewhere....

where do u live? Ptown?

Providence?

If Ptown is portland I am down.

Nor cal I believe. But Ya Matt I'm down just let me know I can bring my kiln and a couple torches. And a few dank kegs of IPA or what not to start the show off

Down.
    Keep us posted
    J
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"

Just a rookie here, but im up in ur area and willing to help anyway i can. I can build some mean tables and help with the party favors tis the season

colonel4bin Lurker

If your still here in the foothills matt, I'd be glad to help out in any way possible, I know the idea has been kicked around before....it would be great to make it happen.

Yea I'm trying to gather some local info before I get deep into this thing Ill let yall know whats going down I just need to research a lil more. Good to know there is some interest. Btw I live about 1 hour 30 min outside of Sacramento California up in the Serria Nevada Foothills, Place called Nevada City, California it's truly paradise here. Grass valley the neighboring city was home to one of the biggest producing gold mines in the U.S but it was shut down and turned into a museum and there was a ton of gold still they said left in the mine. Local attractions are the endless places to ride dirtbikes and winding pavement roads for the car enthusiasts and most of all the Yuba River a emerald clear water flowing down miles of granite rock and quartz crystal. The locals are either cowboys or hippies and they all seem to get a long peacefully. Litton engineering is located here too but not much of a tour available. Anyways Ill let you know more as I find out things. Thanks all that responded.
    ~FlowerMatt

Hope this happens for you guys, seeing the article from the '03 event really shows how ahead of the field you West Coasters were back then, can't even imagine what y'all would come up with nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Don't fuck up the 'honey hole'

Facebook

Im interested, going to be making the move to the Chico area soon hopefully!

Hey Matt I've been up in your area once before and what a heavenly part of the country. I stayed the night in Paradise, Ca. And the name says it all.

Sounds awesome I got alot of family in grass valley I have been needing to visit also
    Luke Wilson

good luck to you matt. wish i could make this one........the first was awesome! best part for me was meeting snodgrass at midnite the first nite. he came in 3/4 full. made a skull milli glob. then knocked out half the handles in the kiln onto the concrete floor. shattering most of them. but no one cared cuz it was BOB SNODGASS!

if i can afford it im down
    all killa' no filla'

me 3

I'm down for this..