The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kick starting AGI 2013 -- yes already!

Default Re: Kick starting AGI 2013 -- yes already!

Thanks Moch and Alex!
    "Jesus' glass is janky." ~ Monkythrowpoop

Heat is rising
    Blazing fast
    Hot and evil
    Feel the blast

:Rob Halford

Got my A ticket reserved in Barry Building can't wait for next year!

Looks like I will be going for 2013!!!
    Kristian Turley GLDG Forum Founder
    Old School Glass
    ┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐

Im going to do my best to get out there this year. I realized ive been AGI ignorant for far too long... Come on Sept 30th! sucks being a first timer...
    "LIve to Love, lOve tO lIve"

I got up there for the party the last day which solidified the fact that I must attend all week next year. Great people, great beer, great eats, and most of all GREAT glass. I seriously have never seen so much incredible work in one place. Everyone's cases had me drooling.

Doshes, don't even worry about the first timer thing. I'm some goofy looking young kid who sucks at glass and everyone was very welcoming and informative in my experience. Really looking forward to making it to this amazing gathering next year!

Quote Originally Posted by WuTribeRoots View Post

Doshes, don't even worry about the first timer thing. I'm some goofy looking young kid who sucks at glass and everyone was very welcoming and informative in my experience. Really looking forward to making it to this amazing gathering next year!

thnx man, thats good to hear. Im stoked for the experience.

It only feels like your first time here for the first couple of days, and then you realize that everyone here is a family : )

Tom

Anyone NOT going to AGI because their new or their worried about their skill set or they don't want to be the only person they know or or or ...... bury all of the excuses. Take it from a person who watched from the outside for years! You'll make friends the first 20 minutes you arrive ( For me it was True and Blake right when I pulled up, with Tree and John around 3:30am that first night. Then on to the Michigan building, which we won't talk about in depth, many layers, people go missing, weird noises at 6a.m. and I'm under the impression I'll be providing security next year 8) .... Coming from a complete and total newbie with zero tube skills I can only say you would be doing yourself WRONG buy NOT going. You'll learn , you'll meet people you'll know forever, The food, The land, The people, You'll not soon forget it and you'll not soon miss it I can promise. It'll only be my second year next year so why not make it your first. Hope to meet even more peeps next year .... hope it'll hurry right along too! >8P ~getchapull
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Well said
    all killa' no filla'

Agi whatttttt
    throwin flames and takin names since '05

This was my first year as well and I agree with everything Fosho said 100%!!! Also, if you don't go you have no idea what the IBS is all about...trust me you won't ever be able to forget it once you know about it.

SOLD. Now Im even more excited. Ill be calling Oct 1st to get my name in; ill just write it off as an early bday gift : )

This was my first year and my skills were pretty weak. Since coming home ive melted made pipes and even prepped and organized at a different level.
    I owe a big thank you, to everybody but Alex-V (joking) I couldnt find a person who didnt want to talk to me about thier and my work. Andrew new cheif Moch, Alex-V demonstrater extrodanaire, Tru, Jay Stroker, Berning, Dillie, FoSho. My Co-pilot and Co-pilot Steeze and Plum tucker, Who i had never met before the trip. 603 glass, and the Sand n Fire Duo. every one i had a smoke with a meal a beer with or recieved a late night beating with (FoSho) Always a friendly face and thoughtfull as all hell. Meals! Big thanks to Kev and the cooks. The lower building and thier late night demos and the wonderful ladies inside who showed me mandrell tricks.
    I am especially greatful for the 10ish times Tom and Elaine stopped me to asked me if i was enjoying myself and learning. Im in the process of moving and will make finances available for my return trip soon.

So rookie or not get your ass to the show.
    Peace,

Ikensel your good peeps brah! Just another great reason to attend. I made so many new friends, friends for life ya know. Good stuffz! See ya in 2013!!!
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Damn... A tickets already sold out!! Should of registered earlier, didnt think they would be gone so quick. Can I get on the waiting list for an A ticket, not going unless I can get a torch space.

damn....bummer.. thats gonna impact my decision as well...

It shouldn't impact it too much, u can still bring all your own tools, etc. people are usually willing to share a torch, and there arnt frequent times where every torch is working in every shop. In my opinion, after 3 years of going, is that the B ticket is more then worth it.

Damn no more A tickets hey, this sucks. Going to have to reconsider attending, with all the cost involved coming over from the UK not being able to guarantee torch time makes me think I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed for an A ticket next time

Hope ya'll have a blast

yall are making waaay to much out of the lack of a tickets.
    i think there is sooo much to do and so many people that will share a torch spot that having a b ticket is just a bump in the road if you want to melt.
    i get a torching station but there is quite a bit of time that is spent watching others demo and just plain ole getting around and having a blast bullshitting with fellow melters.
    i say dont let the lack of an a ticket deter you from experiencing the best time of your life at glass camp....
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

hah we need more A tickets...AGI needs more phantoms and mirages set up obviously!!!!