The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Munny for money?

Default Re: Munny for money?

I do concider myself and all of you artist. Even though I've only been working for 7 years on my art.
    I think you guys need to know the definition of artist.

A definition of Artist from Princeton.edu: creative person (a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination).

Coyle: what you do with the munnys is fcking art! What other project brought that many other "creators" together. I thought what you did with the munny was a beautiful thing. It seemed like everyday I would see a totally different munny. From dead bunnies licking Popsicles - to vagina faced creatures. That IS fcking art. I don't care what anyone says.

I would say they are far more artistic than anything I've seen. No, not the blank ones, not the concept, the crazy ass ones you helped create.

This is art and these are artist!

"Never open your mouth, unless you're in the dentist chair."
    -Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano

Bulletproof Glassworks LLC
    http://bulletproofboro.bigcartel.com
    BulletproofGlassworks@Gmail.com
    www.instagram.com/BulletproofGlassworks
    #BulletproofGlassworks @BulletproofGlassworks

Im suprised by rouges stance seeing hes military...

Think about the glass world like the army....would you speak to a senior officer(fosho) in the same manner?
    Would you go behind a officers back?.....respect is earned...(and your not even a glassblower)

and again...Making a few things copying someone is way diffrent that copying and crnking out someones design by the hundreds
    all killa' no filla'

Wow, there is a lot on opinions here. I knew there would be, and that is why I posted this. Not to start a fight, though. I wanted to have a respectful discussion online...(sorry, that was as funny to type as it will be to read)...about the topic.

I am not bashing the OP as you actually seem to have some respect, even if you didn't go to the source first.
    Aymie, you are correct, sort of. I didn't seek permission to start this thread, but I did contact Coyle both here and on FB to let him know this thread was being started. He is in the loop because I brought him in. He probably would have heard about it anyways, but from the horses mouth and all that.

I have changed my mind, sort of, in that I actually won't be making a munny, at least not for public consumption. I am in fact very busy, and this was more of an exercise of thought than action for me. If Coyle ever gets a moment, I def would love to colab (hint, hint) though. That will probably be the only way I would do a munny for sale. That's just me. It seems the munny project was about colaboration anyways. I have soooo many ideas that are collecting dust in sketch books I should just start there.

Amyie, btw, I love your work. My wife and I bought a bracelet from you at the FFO in Dallas. A glassblower buys a glass pipe to give as a gift to another glassblower? Yup, and they loved it too. And after all these years, still never made a bracelet. I try and have respect. Nobody's perfect though.

And I have a feeling if you make a munny and put it online, when they see its not with coyle, you will get nothing but haters. They are already hating on D-Wrek. Coyle has a following like Justin bieber on Facebook.

Are you serious? I just seen a munny kid robot add on this page at the top. Hahaha.
    South Park munnys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
    And I have a feeling if you make a munny and put it online, when they see its not with coyle, you will get nothing but haters. They are already hating on D-Wrek. Coyle has a following like Justin bieber on Facebook.
    DRock. and his newest munny he posted is pretty sweet.

Was it DRock? I try and not be on fb all to much. But I seen people talking shit about it still.
    And the guy pumping out clear ones in San Diego is a duche. If I "hypothetically" made one. I would just put it in my living room. Something to remember this fad in our industry.
    That's what it is. A fad.

Quote Originally Posted by ROGUE View Post
    Before I say this I want you to know that I'm saying this as an example, I am not directling this at you personally.

You say no argument can convince you otherwise. Since I don't know who Airtech is or what their stance is I can't comment on that, but... You are extremely disrespectful. All of your work that I have seen I have seen done before. Did you ask the inventor of the implosion, or the vortex permission to use their idea? Those are exact copies of other's. You say you give credit to James Yaun for all the things he's taught you. I have seen your work before, and until this thread I've never heard the name James Yaun, so in fact you are not giving him credit for your work, it's all over the internet and nobody knows.

Your last sentence is where it's at. Respect is completely a frame of mind and it's a moral judgment that changes from person to person. Your ideas of respect may be completely different than mine, but that certainly doesn't make either one of us wrong.

Again, I was just using your words as an example, I was not directing this to you personally.

You sir had a good debate going till .... I could say YOUR a dick .... but I'm not saying this to you personally, ya know?
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Quote Originally Posted by faded View Post
    A munny is a simple design form, just like a spoon or a oney. This thread spews ego.
    Great word choice.
    Can "nothing" exist?

Quote Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
    You sir had a good debate going till .... I could say YOUR a dick .... but I'm not saying this to you personally, ya know?
    LOL. Sorry man, I truely wasn't making it personal, that's why I wrote TWO disclaimers. I only used your words because it was a perfect oportunity. I actually appreciate the answer you gave originally and think we might actually agree on the majority of the points. The way I talked in that thread is never a way I would talk to a person, and I really tried to make that clear before I even wrote the post.

And your example you gave is perfectly on point and on subject, I don't take offense to it one bit.
    Can "nothing" exist?

Aymee, Yes the fume trap is the sleeve air trappy tech, sorry if I called it wrong. Your post led me into another topic. If Rufus bit it first, does that make it ok for all of us to pile on? Your bracelets have already been bitten so is it ok for me to bite them also? I just dont get possessing styles or design. My favorite line of SLingers flick is when snodgrass is talking about discovering fume. I figured this out should I keep it to myself or should I share it with the world. Share it with eveybody.

This is as straight up as I can be, I dont want anybody telling me what I can and cant make. Especially if they themselves have ever seen something they liked and tried to make a version of it. I dont care if its a bracelet, an implosion or a munny. If I am a noob and I can make what your making, step your fucking game up!

I just wanna know where it stops? My pipes look different than everybody elses, but I use internal frit, I do blow ins, shirlies just like everybody else does. So what I am saying, Is the bracelet off limits or is it a bracelet with flowers on it? Can I make a coil potted bracelet pipe, or an iso bracelet pipe? May I make boro sticks flowers on a ISO spoon or a blow in?

If I made a bracelet it wouldnt be like yours, except that it is a BRACELET. Why is a bracelet different than a pipe? Would it be acceptable if I was from Tucson and sold to local shops? I want to know. Really, I do.

One of you senior members should write out rules for us noobs to follow. "show respect" isnt specific enough. It leaves too much to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by ROGUE View Post
    LOL. Sorry man, I truely wasn't making it personal, that's why I wrote TWO disclaimers. I only used your words because it was a perfect oportunity. I actually appreciate the answer you gave originally and think we might actually agree on the majority of the points. The way I talked in that thread is never a way I would talk to a person, and I really tried to make that clear before I even wrote the post.

And your example you gave is perfectly on point and on subject, I don't take offense to it one bit.
    No worries at all, I do the exact same thing and I'm first to point out when I'm mistaken.
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Quote Originally Posted by Arkitech View Post
    Im suprised by rouges stance seeing hes military...

Think about the glass world like the army....would you speak to a senior officer(fosho) in the same manner?
    Would you go behind a officers back?.....respect is earned...(and your not even a glassblower)

and again...Making a few things copying someone is way diffrent that copying and crnking out someones design by the hundreds
    It shouldn't surprise you. The military taught me and everybody else to think for themself. It is written in the UCMJ(the laws of the military) that an enlisted person must follow all lawful orders. It says nothing about respect. I have talked to several officers in the same way I am calmly discussing this topic. Officers are not off limit, I just can't get in there face and yell and scream. We are certainly allowed to disagree. To answer your question, yes, I would go behind and officers back and did on several occasions in combat. Those decisions saved the lives of people.

I do believe I am actually a glass blower. Just because I don't earn my entire living from it does not take away that title.

and your last sentence is kinda vague. What is a few things and why is it different? You're saying copying isn't copying? It might be more blatant the more you copy, but I can't see how the act is any less frowned upon. So if I make one copy of the Mona Lisa and sell it, that is ok?

The word respect encompasses a wide meaning. You are respectful if you are considerate, which is what this thread is about. Being considerate only goes so far. Calling people disrespectful just because they are curious seems harsh.

My definition of respect is a lot more strict, and I don't just hand respect out because somebody made a pretty piece of glass. I have seen tons of amazing glass in my life, but I can say I have never had respect for the glass or the artist without meeting them first. I may have admiration for the glass and I can certainly appreciate the hard work, but respect goes to the artist that I know, and that I know deserves it.

I respect myself, so I speak in a respectful manner to everybody until otherwise deserved. I do not believe I have said anything negative against anybody on the entire message board ever. Certainly not in this thread.
    Can "nothing" exist?

Quote Originally Posted by bildo View Post
    If I am a noob and I can make what your making, step your fucking game up!

One of you senior members should write out rules for us noobs to follow. "show respect" isnt specific enough. It leaves too much to interpretation.
    Great post!

The first sentence I quoted is how I feel, but not just about noobs. If anybody can make what your making, make it better or do something different. It's called competition.
    Can "nothing" exist?

Blog Entries

i find your attitude mildly disrespectful. you owe a debt of gratitude to those who forged your path (in my opinion). you seem to be implicitly asking for a great deal of respect listing off your accomplishments. what goes around comes around, and here, you are still earning the right to be taken seriously.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

n/m
    Last edited by dustyg; 10-31-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Think I'm missing something here. Coyle didn't invent, design or have a hand in the origin of the munny. Every tom dick and harry was already making vynl ones, or brass ones, or what ever else people have so far made them from. There are hundreds of different designs. No one can even prove Coyle was the first to make and sell them made out of glass. I thought about doing it quite some time ago, never seen any of Coyle's work and certainly none of his munnys before this post so how can I bite on him. I wouldn't have been I would have been biting the designer of the munny just like Coyle did.

Further it seems some of you seem to think that its more acceptable for a big name to copy some thing (which is what Coyle did) than it is for a "newb" to copy something. That I just don't get at all. Copying is copying done well or done badly, I fail to see where skill or experience comes into this.

Lastly I fail to see why just because Coyle has sold lots of these, more than other people, he should some how have ownership of an idea/ design he copied or at least ownership of that design he copied when its made out of glass.

to be honest this thread has me feeling like I should make one of these out of bull shit

There's Rogue going all "expert" again hahaha

Its like this....coyle worked hard to create a cash cow for himself...

Messing with a form for fun and playing with stuff if fine and fun..

Trying to steal milk from his cow is not...
    all killa' no filla'

Slightly off topic, I just got a fortune cookie that read:

"Those who walk in others tracks leave no footprints."

So there's that.
    Last edited by Icarus; 10-31-2012 at 10:56 AM.