The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Metal Fuming Before Snodgrass

Default Re: Metal Fuming Before Snodgrass

BURN THE WITCH!!!

Wait...that's what I yelled at the sandwich place today too...hmm.
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

Default Re: Metal Fuming Before Snodgrass

Thanks for the info DC. Very interesting. And the fact that you've got us discussing and comparing Snoddy to Labino, well, that's huge. Thanks again

Default Re: Sorry Snodgrass, Dominick Labino Got There First! Glass history lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    there was a time that Bob gave credit to Chuck Murphy as the first to apply metal fumes to smoking accessories, we interviewed Bob many years ago for a documentary called Taboo Glass and if memory serves me correct he stated that during the interview, don't remember if that made it into Taboo Glass or not, have not watched for years, but I do know that pics of Chucks pipes made it into the documentary, and there are smoke shop owners in the LA area who recall buying Chuck's pieces prior to Bob making stuff, and if I recall Chuck credited another glassblower who was applying copper fume to boro as his inspiration to try fuing with silver, so the list probably goes on forever, but I would hope that we could all give Bob credit for taking it to the next level and greater levels of exposure
    I know this is a super old thread, but I was hoping if anyone could give me more info on chuck Murphy and maybe direct me to some images of his work. I’m a relative of his and I’m trying to compile some stuff on him and his work