The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Armadillo Art Glass Initiative 2013

Default Re: Armadillo Art Glass Initiative 2013

OK I am going out on a crazy limb on this one, my buddy who I was supposed to stay with this weekend is no longer returning any of my messages. He doesn't have a cell phone right now and calls me on random numbers when he can.

He is on facebook a lot but doesn't return any messages. The only other option was to find somewhere to tent camp, however all the camping grounds are packed full right now because of all the other 420 festivals going on in Austin.

Does any one have a spot where a tent could fit? I would be willing to repay you in a good chill time, with lots of food and beer! I really wanted to come to this austin show, but its looking now like if I even get a chance to come it will only be a single day trip, which is driving 3 hours there, spend as much time as I can in Austin, and then head back that night on a 3 hour drive back home.

I am really bummed on this, was really hoping I was going to come up Friday morning, hit the glass show up, and head home on Sunday night.

Ok so I ironically heard back from this friend right after making this post! I did however get a message from flameboy wanabes mom, very generous user of these forums! Worst comes to worse I will be contact her but it seems I am set for this show. Cannot wait

Cool! Julie, that's good of you.

Btw it's always been my thing to teach kids. There are some of my former apprentices running around on here, one who started at 14. He feeds his kids with glass now.

I'm in NorCal tho. And while I've had students fly in many times in the past, there are so so SO many more of us now. And things are different. When I was trying to break into this field in 95, I was literally told that women don't blow glass. I also had a door slammed in my face. It wasn't pretty! But here I am.

Your son is welcome in our industry. So are you! You won't even think to question that once you meet a few of us. I can already tell you'll fit right in. Especially after inviting my brother here to stay in your home. Thanks for looking out for him.

I wish I could be at the show, guys! Someone have a beer and grab aymies ass for me, please!!
    ~Misha

I am so excited, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for christmas. I cannot sleep!

See y'all today!

Aymie

This maybe against some rules but if not I think it would be sweet if someone could take a few pics of the art at the show and share them with those who didn't get a chance to make it. If thats possible that would be awesome thanks in advance for anyone willing to take the time.4:20

I will get pictures up eventually. I am going to need a few days to relax first.

Aymie

I will also post some pics. Just walked into the office after getting back in....... always fun

It was a great event, and everything was so mellow and smooth it seemed. You guys did a good job. Thanks to the whole crew that participated in throwing the event. We had fun and got to meet a lot of new faces. Great job, can't wait til next year!

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Awesome week! My camera died on me the first day and I never had a chance to get it going again. We had an awesome woman taking photos for us and I will see if I can get some up soon.

Thanks to everyone who came out! I think the event was a total success.

Aymie