The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a budget work space

Default Re: Setting up a budget work space

Wale will get them in shade 5 for you at no extra cost, just call.

I also have a 20% off coupon to Phillips Ill give if anyone wants it, pm me

I think I may have just figured out how to fund this venture fully in the next month. Fingers crossed.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    That is a bad ass idea. instead of a cam whore a cam blower. Hell you pay an access fee and can ask technical question. Whoever is working on cam can just talk while us viewers watch. Might be some good side cash for someone with an academic way about them.
    I just had to chime in on this, there is actually a cam whore that is a cam blower. Watched her blow glass nude before, easily in the top 10 things I have seen on the interwebs.

I think I may have just figured out how to fund this venture fully in the next month. Fingers crossed.
    Congrats dude, I hope it comes though. Been thinking about getting started myself. Gonna shell out for some lessons at The Heat Base in VA to see if it strikes me fancy first though. If I fall in love (I know that I will) who knows what will happen.

^YOu can't drop a knowledge bomb like that with no clue on how to find her. I'm sure her sessions got recorded. I'm 99% sure we all would like to see that! haha
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle

^^Indeed.
    Without love in the dream
    It will never come true

Thank for the info once again guys.

I have the books on the way and some glasses. Going to go sit in for a few hours with the only guy that I can find within 100 miles next week.

Sorry to disappoint those of you that are intent on telling me I need to take classes. Not gonna happen unless I move to where they have them or I suddenly come into a shit load of travel money.
    My intent was to give you a honest opinion, you should always do what you think is best and what your heart desires. I'm not disappointed; I do hope the best for you in your journey with glass though.

Yeah, I don't mind a more challenging path. I am not setting up a company. I am challenging myself to learn something new. I have done it before with very complex things. I just take the principles that served me well when I was in a doctoral program and obsessively apply them to the thing I want to learn. Some people can't grasp learning and challenging yourself for the sake of the challenge. It frustrates them that you won't do it their way or that you don't somehow respect the path they have taken.

If I have to reinvent the wheel it will at least be my wheel.
    I like what you said there. I was just thinking since you said you were motivated that you might be motivated enough to go learn the basics in my first post. If you can't financially, its to hard, or don't want to that is fine. I just feel there are some basic things everyone should learn, that effect everything you do with glass.

I actually like it so much that I'm gonna twist your words around a bit to fit myself.
    I feel being a full time glass artist is a challenging path i suppose. I see this as an art and myself as an artist i try to do better work with every piece i make. I feel as if i have made some very complex pieces with glass and done complex things in my life too so maybe we are more similar then you think. I see glass every day as a challenge and that there will always be something new to learn since its always evolving and people are always having new ideas.
    Through learning the basic principals of blowing glass by getting lessons. I was able to apply what I learned on my own to learn and solve harder techniques. From there I was able to challenge myself to make larger work and learn even harder things for the sake of a challenge. I get frustrated when a piece breaks so i either fix it or make another. I respect people that give respect and are honest and that have more experience then me and show respect.

Id like to learn how to run a 220 electric line or fly a plane, but i'm not just gonna try and do it myself, ill get someone to show me first then ill try.
    Your acting like getting a glassblowing lesson is not challenging yourself, which is just funny to me since you haven't even blown glass and don't know how challenging it is at first. Glass blowing is always going to be challenging if you apply yourself and keep an open mind; as is anything in life if you keep trying and pushing yourself to do better you probably will.

Do whatever your heart desires and I will respect that like I said I'm just giving my opinions and you don't have to read or follow them its cool.
    I won't bother you anymore with my opinions though so best of luck.

Id also like to see the cam girl video too.

No, I am acting like I don't have the time to go travel to get lessons and so I am making due with the hand I was dealt. I work, have a kid, I am working on an MBA, I play professional disc golf and I shoot. I taught myself to work steel and forge knives. No lessons. All internet and books. I am not scared of being shitty at something until I am not. I am a self taught Chef and was so professionally for years. Lessons would be great if someone would like to fly in and give them to me but unfortunately my local resources blow, or rather don't.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Sorry I got distracted. Had to go grab a new rig, basic production SG Recycler but I like it a lot. Small, clean, and classy.

Anyway, I'll look for her exact name but she is a model on MFC. If it's cool to link adult content I'll post a link but I would imagine that's a big nono?

Edit:
    Found her. Not posting a link unless I get the go ahead. But this is some of her work. She sells them for the websites currency, tokens LOL. I like this girl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture+150.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	45456
    Last edited by Ovid; 01-26-2013 at 01:16 AM.

You should totally private message me that link.
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle

Last edited by H1JACK3R; 01-26-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    It will never come true

Me too!

Before anyone gets too excited, I don't actually have a video. I just found out what her name was, but who knows where that will take you. Her name is Bambi Kush.

Last edited by H1JACK3R; 01-26-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    It will never come true

Wow, haha her twitter is hilarious. Off topic as hell I know but she definitely does blow glass
    ~J.Herbert~

Quote Originally Posted by DefyGlass View Post
    Wow, haha her twitter is hilarious. Off topic as hell I know but she definitely does blow glass
    Hardly off topic. Cam whores are never off topic.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

Yeah i got bored quick. Blowing glass is much more exciting. Loosing my sex drive? Either getting old or its the fumes....

Yeah, it was better in theory than it was in practice.
    It will never come true

Then I will abstain. Good lookin out.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

It's probably worth checking out, if you're into that kind of thing
    It will never come true