The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Aura or Phillips

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've used both enough to know I love my Aura lenses.

22 24.18%
  • I've used both enough to know I love my Phillips lenses.

8 8.79%
  • I've only ever used Aura.

20 21.98%
  • I've only ever used Phillips.

41 45.05%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Aura Lens or Phillips?

Default Re: Aura Lens or Phillips?

Im sure your on 3's bro
    Melting wax one candle at a time

Hunglow your welcome to come over and melt and try all mine. I have Diddy, Shade 3 didy combo and just shade 3. Somewhere I have 5's but I melt at night so I don't use them bc its to dark.
    Melting wax one candle at a time

I will do that Kind sir. I'll also bring these new LEDs I got and put then up in your shop. Then you will need some 6's.
    I'll even trade ya for one of those shirlys.

Back on topic. I have Phillips there old. Want to get some auras.

I have a pair of Aura 3/5 splits that I have used for many years, and wanted a shade 3 for less color work. I grabbed a pair of Phillips and instantly noticed they didn't block as much sodium flare. Sold them as soon as I got a pair of shade 3 Aura's.
    So Aura's all the way. Worth the wait/weight. You can't replace your eyes.
    BenT

And these days, wait is usually about 1-2 days before we ship them out unless we need to order in a frame, then figure about another week.

I ordered a pair of AURA c2 goggle shade 6 on Jan 22. They shipped to me (one state away) on Feb. 11th or 12th.

Does everyone with Auras have a lighter shade ring around the edge of their frames?

Is the lighter shade around the edges of the lens just Aura standard?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150217_143018[1].jpg   20150217_143517[1].jpg  

kinda looks like they dont fit the frame right. I do see the grind on my Auras, but its much less

As I said in my e-mail, it might be that the bevel is located too far back on the lens. Please get them back to me ASAP, and I will take a look at what's going on.

Used so called "dydidiums" as scientific glass worker for years and Phillips shade 5 for my color work never really satisfied always felt like the so called"dydidiums" I bought from the scc school store were better and found myself always wanting to wear em over my shade 5.

Than I got a herbie and a need for a split lens. Was like my eyes are a serious tool and need what's best. Got pair of aura split w shade 5 google and WOW!! Clarity is unbelievable in BOTH portions of the lens with no solar flare or anything of that sort. Which the shade 5 not blocking out solar flare completely was something holding me back from spending the $$ for a split lens. I would recommend aura to anyone, esp if your getting a split lens

I've only used Phillips up to now, but Mike informed me that my specs with the new AUR-40 base lens shipped this morning.

<happy dance!!>

Once I've had enough time to really compare them, I'll post a review.

Edit: My current Phillips are planos, the new Auras are 1.25 readers. I'll only be able to comment on the amount of transmitted light/flare and not the eyestrain/fatigue because of obvious reasons.

My dash 40s were should have shipped yesterday, I can't wait till they get here too!

Of course I need to inspect it! I've got to figure out why they were shipped with loose lenses and be sure that you get a good and decent pair back to you.

As I recall, I sent you a return shipment label.

Send them in, and I will take care of it, as I told you several times over the phone and via e-mail/PM. I'm not sure why you didn't send them in as I asked you to do. I'm still waiting for them, and I'd like to get this taken care of.

If you need ANOTHER return shipment label, email me tomorrow sales@auralens.net and I will get you one.

There's more I'd like to say, and in fact, I've already written this three times...but I'll let it go with this.

Ya, so you wait until 17 minutes after I post a sale on the forum to sabotage my sale, sounds like a real professional attitude for a supposed forum moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Aurelius View Post
    Ya, so you wait until 17 minutes after I post a sale on the forum to sabotage my sale, sounds like a real professional attitude for a supposed forum moderator.
    I can attest that Suzuki is an actual forum moderator, and not just a supposed one. He's pretty good at it too.
    The most helpful bit of advice I've ever received:
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    -don't give up. it's more than a job, it's a lifestyle.
    www.nocoastglass.com

Perhaps, but not quite professional.

Really Mike, you want to bring up unprofessional behaviour? I'm sure some examples could be furnished of unprofessionalism on your part if one were inclined to spend a few seconds looking.

Either way, we can all get in a pissing match here, or perhaps you can try to reset your feeling about Suzuki's professionalism or supposed lack thereof, and simply provide him support in regards to the issue he has been having with your product.
    The most helpful bit of advice I've ever received:
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    -don't give up. it's more than a job, it's a lifestyle.
    www.nocoastglass.com

I have.

Send them in, and I will take care of it, as I told you several times over the phone and via e-mail/PM. I'm not sure why you didn't send them in as I asked you to do. I'm still waiting for them, and I'd like to get this taken care of.

If you need ANOTHER return shipment label, email me tomorrow sales@auralens.net and I will get you one.
    I just don't believe that forum moderators should be behaving in such a fashion, especially when there are other means of contacting the person/company in question. I called this attempted sabotage and I meant it. 17 minutes between my sale post and his post on this thread. 17 minutes. Since the original sale dates back to February, I think I've got a point with this issue.

Be that as it may, I've just sent him a return postage label, and hopefully this time, he will follow through and send the spectacles back to me for repair/replacement.

I have always wanted some aura's but and have heard good reviews and some bad the bad is never about the product . I am a little guy in this biz . I have always been slightly I don't know worried about ordering. I have had my finger over the button for like 6 years. But I could not deal with that grind issue and Suzuki I am worried for you having to use them like that. I have a pair of 3's I would send you but I have lost a pair and am on my backups.

I have 4 Phillips lens just lens . They have had pop out issues also . I think most glasses do that fit over my fat head.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

The frame Ben is using is the C2 Sport Goggle, which has an interlocking bevel. It can be loose, as appears to be the case with Ben's, but unless it is edged way undersize, will not fall out. This is a Nylon frame, and the lenses are edged so that the lens fits the frame without movement when tightened down. The bevel is a square bevel instead of the usual "V" style, and this is what locks into the frame.

Screwups happen. Bad edging jobs do slip through on occasion, but we always try to make sure that the customer is taken care of if they get something unsatisfactory.