The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New glass lathes from SEM INDUSTRIES a.k.a. American Lathes!!!

Default New glass lathes from SEM INDUSTRIES a.k.a. American Lathes!!!

So about a week ago I recieved my brand new glass lathe from S.E.M. industries. Although this is the first lathe I've ever owned/had in my shop, I have worked on a few other's such as: Litton HSJ, Litton HSA, multiple Heathways, and a couple others. And I've gotta say, this thing is truely a mechanical masterpiece!!! With the simple turn of a screw driver you can adjust the max speed, min speed, accel., and decel., and a few other fun things! The owner of this new lathe company personally flew up to our studio to show us all the in's and out's of this simple yet amazing machine!!! Of corse there's always doubts with new companies in every industry, but I'm here to tell you. See one of these lathes in person, and all those doubts will immediatly melt away!!!

Thanks again Sean!!! You truely set the bar above the mark!!!
    Last edited by Innovativeglass; 03-03-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: New glass lathes from OEM INDUSTRIES a.k.a. American Lathes!!!

The company is called SEM industries, not OEM I still haven't gotten a spin on these but the vids Sean put on his Facebook page "glass lathes" , are impressive. I'm not sure if he uploaded them on YouTube but if you peep that fb page there are a number of videos.

Thanks for the correction Riley. I'll have to change that! And I assure you, they won't let even the most experienced lathe worker down!

I'll have one myself sometime next year. I got the Litton eel and a lil Beth lab, but these look all around exactly as I want and more than competitively priced against "primo lathes" (from India). In still in the process of moving and can honestly say I'd rather be moving an SEM lathe than my eel, although I love that long lady dearly. These lathes just look sharp, true, and a breeze to move or rearrange.

Absolutely! You're on the right path with all that was said! Easily moved with only 2 guys for they weigh in at about 350lbs! And with the self leveling feet it maked it extremely easy to make it spin level and true! And yeah... always will be a soft spot in my heart for littons! Good luck with the move man!!!