The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Masters Degree in Arts, Glassblowing

Default Re: Masters Degree in Arts, Glassblowing

It would cost me about $300/month for 20 years after I graduate.
    I tried applying for a second job but no luck. Looks like this is the only thing going for me right now.

I got a recommendation from my College mentor and a famous New York city abstract artist, Doug Trump. check it out at www.dougtrump.com .

I finished my application last night. Now I just need to find out if I got in.
    Then I have to stay in school until I finish this degree also.

I finished my application last night. Now I just need to find out if I got in.
    Then I have to stay in school until I finish this degree also.

Still waiting on my application. I have graduation this weekend.
    I was told in a letter that there waiting for my letters of recommendation to come in before they can make a decision. I was just informed by Doug Trump that he sent in my recommendation. The other recommendation was from Les Castellanos, who is an awesome realistic painter and draftsmen, my teacher at SUNY Empire State College. If I get accepted then I will be learning online with residencies in NYC. It is going to be expensive but it is also the only way to become a college professor or just becoming more educated about the arts.
    I want to graduate and apply for a job at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs Colorado. I want to become a part-time professor of art.

Well I am assuming that there is no THC drug testing for employment in Colorado. I have a friend who is also a college professor for metal smithing also. We went to high school together. If he can do it so can I..... as long as I get through a masters program.

Nomad - There is still a lot of bullshit going on with drug testing in CO. Some places do still drug test, and they will deny you employment for pissing dirty. This still happens to medical patients even, much less recreational users. Although, lots of places I am sure don't drug test. I think the secret is that you're talking about working for a college. I am at my 6th or 7th position working for a college, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that colleges don't drug test. I tend to be low key...but I see other people being less than low key, and I live in a fairly restrictive state, I just think that colleges know if they drug test, they lose half of their staff on the first day, starting with the art and music progreams. In either case , I think you will be fine. Good luck on the journey!

Well no worries. I guess the graduate school did not like my essay's and resume'. Because I did not get in. I guess they think the program is not right for me. I should be happy that they gave me straight A's and let me graduate in the first place I guess. It was a writing intensive admissions. They did not even look at my art work.
    Anyways, I think I am going to be moving to Colorado sooner then expected. I have 1 year until the house is on the market. The real estate agents have already been over here checking it out. I think that is the direction I am going in right now.
    I mean there is no college where I am moving to and there is no graduate program for glassblowing. So that might be it for me.

I totally don't feel like paying for school right now. So I do not think I will apply to another school. I have a good job right now. I am happy with that.

Other school costs $60,000 for degree