The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Submission Deadline Extended to May 8!

Default Submission Deadline Extended to May 8!

I knew this was going to happen. As of today, three weeks from the May 1 deadline for submissions to "Lifeforms!", I have only ten entries. I have 53 registered artists. So that means everyone is waiting until the last minute meaning I am going to be getting dozens per day down the stretch. Since they each take about 20 minutes to process I am looking at hours and hours at my computer getting all the images up on the gallery and uploaded to the jury page.

Would it help if I extended the deadline? Thought so. OK, midnight, May 8 is the new deadline. I cannot extend it beyond that so NO EXCUSES! Get your submissions in pronto!

http://glasslifeform.org/image_submission.html

- RAM
    Robert Mickelsen
    robertmickelsen.com

Default Re: Submission Deadline Extended to May 8!

I just finished my piece for this a few minutes ago - it's in the kiln!

Tomorrow or Saturday I'll take photos and do my submission right away.

I'm totally psyched!!! Thank you so much for holding this contest - regardless of the outcome or what anyone else thinks, this has been the kick in the butt I've been needing for a while. I'm such a huge Blaschka enthusiast, I've visited the HMNH more times than I can count, have lots of books/papers about them, have met with the current curator, etc. But couldn't seem to get a fire under my ass. Anyways, it's lit now - THANK YOU

BTW, I've got a question while I (maybe?) have your attention: There are three fields for images of the piece - is it preferable to submit three views? Or preferable to submit only one?

Since you only show one in the gallery, I'm assuming if I want to control which (best) image is shown there and to the jury, then should I submit only one?

Thanks,
    Wes.

Wes - I try to select the best image for the gallery shot. I am probably going to expand the galleries once I get more submissions so that more than one image may be shown, but please note - the jury will see ALL images submitted! There is a private jury page on which every artists complete submission information is posted including their complete description, all photos, and the scientific photo or image. Since this page is for the jury, I have not made it accessible to the public. Please submit the best images you can.

The Gallery page will eventually become the open online exhibition. I am waiting to receive a few more submissions before I decide how I want to organize the online show.

- Robert
    Robert Mickelsen
    robertmickelsen.com

Thanks for info. I'm working on photographing right now - trying to get the same angle as my reference image. Amazing how hard it is to do that, LOL!