The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: BIGGER annd Better! The trading game!

Default Re: BIGGER annd Better! The trading game!

I killed my gong tool (to hold 14mm male joints) last night and need a new one cheap - brass or graphite. If anyone is interested in trading one, I've got some soft glass and a bunch of computer stuff. Let me know!

I have a Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1 inch in perfect condition with a zagg screen protector, leather case that doubles as a stand, and also a blue tooth keyboard. Open to any types of trades really.
    Using Tapatalk

I have:
    -iPhone 4 that is lightly used (has not yet been updated to ios7 in case you hate it as much as myself)
    -White macbook that has been well loved
    -various boro color/clear shorts/scraps
    -loads of old metal and wood files
    -steel city wood lathe (small) with stand, tools, chuck, and apron
    -wooden easel (large)
    -random art supplies (canvases, paints, spray cans, stencil supplies)
    *I also have 2 vintage fully functional national hand torches and a Nortel RedMax. Would be willing to give them up only on trade for an other torch.

looking for any GTT triple mix, an oxygen concentrator, or any sort of boro

I've got a stump sucker with a hose & filter I would trade. I'm looking for a pair of shade 5 economy frames or any othe materials or tools.

I Have an Hp DV6500 w/ charger.

what do you have?
    Plymouth, MA
    GTT Delta Elite
    http://instagram.com/tcsglassworks

Looking for anything you have,
    I have a 1963 Kent hollowbody Japanese Factory Guitar, 2007 Fender MIM Stratocaster. Behringer, and Vox Amps
    Schott 19mm x 3mm heavy wall, Schott 9mm x 2mm (Tubing)
    Schott 10mm, 7mm, 3mm (Rod)
    Nortel Midrange
    Have more stuff and more randomness as well.

I have a taylor 414ce acoustic guitar i'd trade for a phantom 4 stud

Motorcycle gear:

Olympia motorsports "nomad" jacket hi vis strips/ grey XL (top of the line jacket, super nice.)
    "Hyper Light" tap in led fork lights (new in box)
    "Back Off" led license plate frame w turn signals, running, and brake lights, black (new in box)
    Scorpion exo white helmet L , (very lightly used by passenger)
    HJC off rd helmet w goggles white and black XL
    Scorpion street gloves thin black

interested in tools: torch marver/ blast shield for bravo, egg tool, Gong shaping and holding tools 10&14mm,
    color rod, color tube, opals, gold, bench rollers, marble molds, and so on.
    @B.RY_glass

military gear! recently came home from Afghanistan, was put behind a torch as a type of therapy, or rehab if you will. I have been progressing and am in need of a few supplies. Looking for gong tools, strait shears, and cheap clear tubing, cant really afford to buy the good stuff or anything that isnt chinese really. Not even skilled enough to use high quality glass so im only interested in the cheaper material for practice. I have pretty much everything you get deployed with if you're U.S. Army Infantry. I fought with 10th Mountain Division, incase any of you have family who served. New camo, old camo, boots, winter boots, ruck sacks, most of it new, some of it used in combat. I know its super odd, i doubt anyone here is trying to start their own paramilitary force, but this stuff is just lying around. When I was wounded, ALL of my gear was written off as a "battle loss" and it ended up at my house with the rest of my house hold goods. There isnt a way of explaining how difficult it has been to get and maintain a job since coming back, I would other wise be simply saving every penny and then purchasing glass and equipment but I support a family so I would really like to take this hobby and turn it into a form of income. Sorry for the lengthy post, just felt like explaining a bit since its probably weird to see some G.I. Joe trying to play glass blower. I am also in need of color, but not as much as I need clear tubing. Incase you do have a rather large pile of scrap color, however, i would be interested in that too but other wise the priority is clear (chinese) tubing, hand torch (smith, gentek, any jeweler type torch) strait shears, bench rollers, clip on shade 3's, graphite flaring tool, tapered graphite reamer (10,14,18mm), GonG tools, sophie, bowl push, and jacks. I will provide anyone with pictures of the Army gear, its surprisingly expensive stuff. The smaller back packs are each over $100 retail, maybe a few of you would want it for lugging equipment around? maybe you just have someone in the army you want to support without wearing some awful "hooray usa" shirt? These are the real deal, flown half way around the world and back, even the new stuff was in Afghanistan with me, just waiting to be used. The "used" items were mission worn and might have rips, fades, burns, holes, and possibly blood. Hopefully there is someone out there interested in the worthless junk that kept me alive in some of the dealiest places on earth. everything is official U.S. Government Issue and has proper markings to prove so. hope to hear from someone! take care all!

Oppenheimer, can you post pics by chance?

I don't want any of your gear, but I do want to send you a glass care package. Thank you for doing whatever horrible things you had to endure for us.
    ~Misha

I would be happy to post pictures! im not too good with computers, but im pretty sure if I just plug stuff in my computer tries to do stuff for me. Hopefully not complicated and thats an extraordinarily generous offer. Let me PM you so we dont hog up the thread!

Yeah man post some pix... Misha had me down load tap a talk &my pix went right in, so I highly recommend it. I'd like to see what you got, I also served but in a much, much earlier time...
    " I'am a Visionary, but Vision is scary!"

Oppenheimer, PM me bro I got u

Quote Originally Posted by Oppenheimer View Post
    military gear! recently came home from Afghanistan, was put behind a torch as a type of therapy, or rehab if you will. I have been progressing and am in need of a few supplies. Looking for gong tools, strait shears, and cheap clear tubing, cant really afford to buy the good stuff or anything that isnt chinese really. Not even skilled enough to use high quality glass so im only interested in the cheaper material for practice. I have pretty much everything you get deployed with if you're U.S. Army Infantry. I fought with 10th Mountain Division, incase any of you have family who served. New camo, old camo, boots, winter boots, ruck sacks, most of it new, some of it used in combat. I know its super odd, i doubt anyone here is trying to start their own paramilitary force, but this stuff is just lying around. When I was wounded, ALL of my gear was written off as a "battle loss" and it ended up at my house with the rest of my house hold goods. There isnt a way of explaining how difficult it has been to get and maintain a job since coming back, I would other wise be simply saving every penny and then purchasing glass and equipment but I support a family so I would really like to take this hobby and turn it into a form of income. Sorry for the lengthy post, just felt like explaining a bit since its probably weird to see some G.I. Joe trying to play glass blower. I am also in need of color, but not as much as I need clear tubing. Incase you do have a rather large pile of scrap color, however, i would be interested in that too but other wise the priority is clear (chinese) tubing, hand torch (smith, gentek, any jeweler type torch) strait shears, bench rollers, clip on shade 3's, graphite flaring tool, tapered graphite reamer (10,14,18mm), GonG tools, sophie, bowl push, and jacks. I will provide anyone with pictures of the Army gear, its surprisingly expensive stuff. The smaller back packs are each over $100 retail, maybe a few of you would want it for lugging equipment around? maybe you just have someone in the army you want to support without wearing some awful "hooray usa" shirt? These are the real deal, flown half way around the world and back, even the new stuff was in Afghanistan with me, just waiting to be used. The "used" items were mission worn and might have rips, fades, burns, holes, and possibly blood. Hopefully there is someone out there interested in the worthless junk that kept me alive in some of the dealiest places on earth. everything is official U.S. Government Issue and has proper markings to prove so. hope to hear from someone! take care all!
    Shoot me an email at my personal e-mail address: glass.arteest.mn@gmail.com send me your name and current address and I will get you hooked up with some good eyewear. You can't work properly if you don't protect your eyes. I don't need anything in return, I am just paying it forward for what you've already done for all of us. Thank you for your service!

You rock, Mike. Thank you. <3
    ~Misha

I really cant believe the amount of help I've been getting. I cant thank you all enough for all of your generosity, it means so much to me. I really cant wait to be in a position to pay it forward after being so welcomed here. Thank you all again

Mike, selling your bullet proof vest or combat vest?

So here it is! Well..an incredibly small amount of it. I tried to get one of everything and realized that I dont even have enough room on the floor to fit just one of everything. I have Normal fatigues, summer "combat" shirts, cold weather gear, wet weather gear, extreme cold wet weather gear and all of those types i have in 4 different camos as shown below. everything is flame resistant (which is good since we sit behind a torch lol) and I tried to show the different types of things I have including Ruck Sacks (backpacks), hats, molle gear, even the smalls that were issued like my flash light, IR strobe light, eyepro (both in clear and shaded lenses) and this eye protection can stop a 5.56 nato round, so it can certainly stop metal shrapnel, wood chips, or hot glass chips ! Im working on an inventory to more easily access the gear I have for those of you with questions but other wise just gander and see if maybe you can use a nice pair of cover alls or hunting camo. the combat shirts are amazing for blowing glass in. Flame resistant and incredibly breathable. I wore those for miles on hot days with 100+lbs on my back, it was a life saver! and trust me when I say I can vouch for the fire resistance. please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

SwanieMix, todays armor has a draw string that has the entire vest fall off a soldier in an instant to help a medic get to wounds with out a heavy plate in the way. Unfortunately, my vest was pulled during my last fight and all I have is my LBV pictured below with a black drop leg holster. That was something I used to wear with the old armor and is the closest to a "Combat Vest" i have. It has pouches for M4 mags (5.56) M203 (40mm grenade) M9 (9mm) MK48 (7.62), let me know if you're interested bud!

Attachment 66352

Attachment 66353

Attachment 66354

Attachment 66355

Attachment 66356

Attachment 66357

Attachment 66358

Attachment 66359

Attachment 66360

Attachment 66361

Attachment 66362

Attachment 66363

Attachment 66364

Attachment 66365

Attachment 66366
    Last edited by PyroChixRock; 10-06-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Picture spacing

Sorry for the pictures being terrible but I wanted to just snag a few examples of what I have, and again a lot of this is surprisingly expensive. Even a simple every day uniform costs a pretty penny when you go to an Army Navy store. I also have random specific tools, pictured below is an example (aviation wrenches) maybe someone works with large machinery? maybe some gigantic lathe? the largest wrench is 2 ft long to give you an idea of the size, the pictures probably make them look like normal wrenches haha but they're huge. Other than that its just retro video game systems! I have a complete and fully functional Sega Genisis, Super Nintendo, NES, gameboy pocket, and game boy color! I would be happy to trade my childhood for boro and related tools let me know guys! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141006_201718.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	66367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141006_201735.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	66368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141006_201747.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1,016.9 KB 
ID:	66369

Oppenheimer,

I've got a box with a few pounds of soft glass and a fire blanket for ya - nothing too special but you are welcome to it, just PM me if you are interested and I'll ship it out to you for free. Can't make pipes with it but maybe you can make some beads or something to practice with and sell.

Please PM me if you want it though, I don't read this thread very often :-)