The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stuff and Puff

Default Stuff and Puff

I am trying to not get caught up in a topical phase so I need to start employing some more advanced techniques. stuff and puff is a really interesting one that I wish to learn. in theory I know how to do it but my first session ended with no successful implements. most of the time I keep having the colored gather stick to the walls because there isn't enough room. my first question is should I skip the bullcrap and up the size of my tubing to like 38 or is there another way to do it? I can use any tips you feel free enough to share and like always I appreciate the input. Glad to be apart of this free information site..

Default Re: Stuff and Puff

Ive used 32 medium wall with good success, I found anything smaller i touch the sides and muff it up. I have not tried any sizes larger than that atm. I love this tech, specially with reactive colours.

i don't think its practical with 32. ive been using 38 or bigger. get everything really hot. i have problems if the stuff cools before the puff. even if you touch the wall on accident if its hot enough you should be able to just blow it out.

I like solid marble style blow outs better. Push a quarter ,half a rod of color up to some 25 or bigger solid rod.

Then gather up and push a dent where your color slabs are, yes I like to layer them. Add large heavy wall blowtube 12,16, hw

Heat up whole solid mass and blow a bubble.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

I used to do a lot of stuff n puffs. I would use a tube of 50x5mm open on both ends and about 6 inches long with a solid handle on the side. So it looks like a T. I could get the cleanest and fastest results that way. But the way Jr23 explains above is how I now do it after seeing Max Polin (MNP) do the same. MUCH cleaner look and just as fast using 40mm rod you will get more tubing too.

a variation, or i am not sure its a variation, but for striking colors like exp green or amber purple, its cool to take a rod of your striker and evenly mash it up against clear, or something else you want on top. evenly spin and mash together till you have a disk you can puff from whatever end you want to be the inside.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

I use them for layer combs I can get great layer tube and no lines or haze when working dap. I buy simex rod for this tech.

No cleaner tech tell your ready to buy a crucible and play with the big dogs.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

i just started doing this recently, it does seem rather bomb.

and simax or bust! i'm ordering glass from 2800 miles away lately cuz i cant get reliable simax locally.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

do you have a video demonstrating this solid marble tech? it sounds good. I would like to see it..ill try to you tube it...