The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery

Default Re: ABR Imagery

We do far more volume, and just can't guarantee it. We get 100 orders a day sometimes. I'd love to, but we carry far more inventory, and thus service a much more expansive amount of the industry. It's a bit different for us. What we can do is continue to offer the biggest inventory out there, and almost always the best prices. I will also continue to be an accessible resource inside of a supplier for everyone here. Like I said, a lot of times, it is same day, but we can't pigeon hole ourselves into guaranteeing it. Also, we couldn't do the massive sales that run for 2 weeks at a time instead of 2 days, and keep up if we guaranteed same day everyday.
    Last edited by daveabr; 02-19-2014 at 10:56 AM.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Thanks to everyone for the kind rep/messages. It's stuff like that which keeps me posting the exclusive tubing, and TMP only deals all the time. It would be much easier to call 3 or 4 people and they'd buy it all every time. But, this place is special in it's own way, and I hope I treat it that way. Proven time and time again by the kindness reciprocated to me here. So, thanks!
    Last edited by daveabr; 02-19-2014 at 10:23 AM.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764

Are you guys out of .999 silver? Because it somehow never made it in the box of glass I just ordered. Last time that happened you guy were all out of the milli my customers loved. Well I paid for it and I never got it. Can you hook me up with some silver?

ABR is the best! They always fix the problem if there is one. I would order more stuff if I could.

ABR has REALLY stepped up their game on delivery -- Great job!

I dropped the ball on getting Dave the address for his TMP auction donation, and when I did he offered to send it out overnight or 2 day. Lucky for me, the buyer didn't need it right away and was ok with ground, but it showed up on a 2 day time frame anyway! Thanks Dave for getting it out so fast and helping me make it right.
    ~Misha

I've always had good service from ABR. Never have any shipping issues anymore, haven't in quite a long time, however when there was, the problem was remedied efficiently. I order pretty much all of my glass from them. Tools as well, although I also get tools from Mountain.

I have used them three times. Had a problem every time and always was the "new guys fault", and "do you now how many orders we do a day?" or flat out not told the truth to CTA. Has cost me wasted money every time

Have used mountain MANY times (and others). NEVER A PROBLEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hashmasta-kut View Post
    i love my buttplug on a stick ass well.

I order everything from abr from my torch to most of my glass. Except I buy 25.4 mm heavy wall corning pyrex from wale. Saves me time and money on shipping. I also ordered my kiln from trevsglass because it is am AIM. But other then that I buy everything from abr. I bought my metal tools from The Studio in the Corning Museum of glass. I have used ABR exclusively in the past though.

I've used them a few times and I've had a different problem every time. This last time I ordered a case of 44 and when it got to me it was VERY messed up. I know this is probably not only on them but the shipping company as well but when I've ordered through other companies my glass has never arrived like that.

Another time my shop mate and I ordered a bunch of different things and colors and they charged the card and sent everything out, we were charged less than what we were told but that was because they were back ordered on almost a third of the colors we were trying to buy, we ordered through the phone not online. the issue was we weren't notified of it and when we got the package and did our inventory we had to figure it out ourselves and then call to confirm. And we would've just bought other colors or tools since we were already paying for the shipping. When I've ordered through other companies I was both emailed and called when something was back ordered.

Abr has a great selection, nice and helpful staff, awesome sales, and things other companies don't, I just always second guess when I order if I want to have simple things like this happen.
    There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive. This ecstasy, this forgetfulness of living, comes to the artist, caught up and out of himself in a sheet of flame ; it comes to the soldier, war mad on a stricken battlefield and refusing quarter. ~ Jack London

Instagram ---- Captain_Glass

It does suck that things get back ordered from abr. But there is a thing on the shopping cart that tells you so. I just don't order it if it is out of stock. They did fuck up my milli for a wile. There was an issue with if I was getting billed or not. It was very confusing. But Dave recommended that I go to the source, the milli maker. So I found the guys he mentioned and now I am fine with the milli.
    Other then the milli issue I never have problem with them.

There catalog is bigger then everyone's too. I like ordering a variety of things from abr. They carry a lot of stuff. But no Corning and no AIM.

I also might feel good about ABR because after complaining a little bit they sent me a new 1/2 oz of .999 silver beads for free after the last issue I had with not being able to find the silver in the box they sent me. Plus I got a holiday card from them. So I am really happy with ABR right now.

I ordered on the phone so there wasn't a shopping cart to tell me things were back ordered, my issue isn't with things being back ordered I understand that it happens the issue is not getting an email or phone call and us just having to figure it out. We both thought well damn if they would've called or told us before shipping we would've just gotten other colors or tools and they would've gotten our money lol.
    There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive. This ecstasy, this forgetfulness of living, comes to the artist, caught up and out of himself in a sheet of flame ; it comes to the soldier, war mad on a stricken battlefield and refusing quarter. ~ Jack London

Instagram ---- Captain_Glass

I only use the website now. I got there catalog. It is huge. I don't really call anyone anymore. It is all website stuff now. I can't keep all the catalogs anymore. Using the internet is way easier.

i vowed years ago to never buy from ABR again, but i broke down and got a couple pounds of pink slyme one time, and it came pretty fast. I will only shop ABR if i really need something and no one else has it.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

I like em. I only live two hours away . I can't belive I have not just drove over. One of these days
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

Great experience with ABR this week - my kiln died on Sunday and I ordered an F-120 from another company on Sunday night but their inventory was wrong and they were actually out of stock and Paragon is on backorder until med-Feb.

I called ABR early Monday... I don't think you guys were even open yet but someone (James?) answered, physically went to go check stock for me, called me right back to tell me I'm getting the last one on the shelf. It was on the freight truck and out the door, same day! Great customer service!

I think it will probably show up tomorrow, can't wait to get started with it!

I appreciate all the feedback as always guys. I think our ship times have really gotten quicker. We are same day on most in stock orders. Back ordering sucks, but is something we can't always do a lot about. One thing about carrying a lot of items like we do, is things do go out of stock. It's not just tools either, frit and color rod has been in short supply lately for a lot of certain colors. The industry is growing rapidly, and manufacturers are still catching up as well. We have things back ordered from our vendors all the time. When we don't have it in stock, it's not because we haven't ordered it from our vendor. It's a constant struggle, so we understand the frustration over back orders. But, like was mentioned above, the shopping cart does display a message if something is low or out of stock. So, that can be helpful if ordering online.

It's good to see most of the negative here is from folks in the past. I think we do a good job getting things right if they go wrong these days. Seth in our office is super helpful if you ever have a problem. Of course you guys here are ALWAYS welcome to contact me directly. If you are a reasonable person, or even if you're the guy that calls up F bombing, we can get through about any issue I could imagine. You guys make it happen, and we thank you very much!

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764

I love ABR. I am buying all my glass from them now. I still buy milli from artists and I like to get stuff off this site. But for the most part I have been able to just wait for sales at abr. I have been buying 100 lbs of Asian clear at a time for 40% off. It is basically free shipping for me though.