The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery

Default Re: ABR Imagery

I do not like the injection foam. I mean it works good for shipping. My only problem is that I don't know how to through it away. There is so much it does not fit in the trash can. I kind of miss the old packing peanuts. I could recycle them myself. Now I have to buy them for a lot of money. My only complaint.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I do not like the injection foam. I mean it works good for shipping. My only problem is that I don't know how to through it away. There is so much it does not fit in the trash can. I kind of miss the old packing peanuts. I could recycle them myself. Now I have to buy them for a lot of money. My only complaint.....
    I use to buy from ABR when there was no fitted foam. So much damaged glass that I switched to MGA because their packing was so superior. Problem solved 100%. I love the foam.

I have never had any problem with ABR shipping before and I order all the time. I would not switch to MGA.

I left my boxes outside for the garbage man. I guess he took the foam and the recycle guy took the cardboard. So it is all good.
    Would be nice to not have to buy so many peanuts though. I pay $4.49 a cubic foot for peanuts.

thats your reason to switch right there, MGA often uses peanuts.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Mga uses those peanuts made out of soybeans. They will dissolve in water or they are edible. Taste like chessy puuf wo the cheese.
    I like Mga cause I'm in Charlotte and usually get my stuff overnight for standard shipping prices. I need to save up and drive the 3 hours and load up sometime.
    southendglass on Instagram

the best thing to do with those "soybean" peanuts is throw a few handfuls in a bag and tell your buddy that they're "white cheddar cheese puffs".
    they're totally non toxic, and it's worth it when you see their faces
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

I get the green biodegradable peanuts at staples for more money. I switched to a closer pack and ship store.

The anti static kind are best.

Quote Originally Posted by hashmasta-kut View Post
    thats your reason to switch right there, MGA often uses peanuts.
    Never had the peanuts when ordering cases from mga. Got three cases of 22mm clear rod last order. Double boxed with blow in foam. That is how it has always come for me from mga. Peanuts are not good protection when the shipper trashes the box like often happens.

i just got my second amazingly sassy response from Ross over at ABR. this guy doesn't read my email, asks me for info i already gave him, then answers my question in regards to the kiln controller that i am trying to research in the most condescending manner possible. i was shocked. i let it go and here we are several weeks later placing another $380 order and he comes back with some passive aggressive bullshit response in regards to their easter egg hunt details that ARENT listed unless you go through the blog again and find the eggs again to read the promotion again (which i did because i didnt feel like waiting for the response anyways)

i received his email after i have already placed my order now i am thinking about canceling it and just shopping elsewhere. i like abr for their frequent promotions and large selection, but i dont deal with condescending idiots who aren't grateful for taking my money in quantity.

that guy needs a vacation, a new job, or a girlfriend fuckin stat.

dave you have been nothing but helpful thank you for your professional and friendly attitude. talk to your guy please. he's a complete prick to your repeat customers.
    Nah, nah. See, I meant to do that.

^^ Ummmm...Ross owns the company. Not excusing him, just letting you know.

I must say I have never had a good experience with Ross either, Went to ABR booth in Denver for Champs in 2013 and he completely blew me off and wouldn't respond to my questions on materials that he was at the show to SELL, instead he chatted with his friends about people at the show loud enough that i could hear that he wasn't even doing business! Left a real bad taste in my mouth for tradeshow booths and ABR in general. I've only ordered ABR a handful of times, and when I do have issues(...and i've had issues) I send a PM directly to DaveABR and let it get handled from there. DaveABR is a good guy and gets shit done but he is surrounded by bad service team; The people on the phones don't know much, Ross is a tool, and Dave I've only been able to contact via Internet.

For these reason I have been utilizing every other website I can think of before I even check to see if ABR has it.

I've emailed Ross a few times about the ABR Lathe and always felt like he was hiding something. Other than that he's been great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Aurelius View Post
    all the more reason for him to act like he runs a business that depends on good customer service and good word of mouth. considering all the crap i hear about them, it's surprising that they're still in business.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Guess I'm not sure how you ended up with an email trail about product with Ross. He is in and out so often, that he tries to just stay out of that stuff anymore. And emailing him would be liking trying to email the owner of any company. It's hard to get through, and get timely responses on a customer service level. Probably why it comes off as short. He has 1000 emails a day to get through. Not excusing, just saying, an owner is usually not the guy to get service from unless it's a tiny one or two person operation. Which is better for everyone really. Business owners shouldn't ever be customer service, as things can get personal quickly. No offense Mike, but you know what I mean.

I really try to handle as much of this as I can. But, I realize not every experience is going to be a good one and there is sometimes clean up duty. So, I will relay this and see if I can't help your situation paulsafo. Feel free to email me dave@abrimagery.com or PM me here if you need further assistance. I am also on the road often, and am hard to get by phone these days. Though, we have increased staff in sales this month and are sending new folks out on the road this year to take some of that load off me some. So, hopefully I can handle more customer situations. I will stick up for my guys here though. Our guys who are answering phones are not lampworkers, true. But, it's very hard in this area to find lampworkers willing to sit and answer phones all day. Any of you guys want a job talking glass all day but not blowing glass all day? Please step right up!!! I'm serious about that. HA! So, we are teaching them. But, when you spend all day on the phone, it's hard to find torch time to teach. And at 5:00, these guys want to head home to the family. So, it is what is there. They do the best they can. All solid dudes here. We have a great family of people.

To address the spray foam packing.... We were told by UPS and Fed Ex here at our hub several years ago that if we didn't use the spray foam on full length tubing, they'd stop paying are claims. We use biodegradable peanuts and bubble wrap in all of our small box orders. But, for shipping full length tubing, the spray foam ensures a paid claim in the instance of damage. So, we do it to protect us and you. If you are absolutely set on peanuts, just tell us when you order. Happy to accommodate that request. We don't know if you don't ask.

We have seen significant growth for several years, and have 1000s of very happy customers. But, no one goes without road bumps. I've always had a policy of transparency and will address these things in a public online forum, which other companies have a policy against. Which I feel is basically saying, we only bury our shit, we don't pick it up. So, I'm happy to take all comers with praise or criticism. It all goes into forming the next policy or change. So, know that I do monitor this board, and take all members, professional acting or rude, seriously and with respect. You guys can always reach out to me here if you need anything. Thanks for the kind words about me, but I do apologize if anyone feels like they've gotten bad service from us. We've overcome a whole lot of that, but always improvement to be made.

Thanks everyone,

Dave
    Last edited by daveabr; 04-16-2015 at 09:38 AM.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Aurelius View Post
    good to know. i'll go elsewhere. i was under a different impression since dave actually seems to care and ross.. well.. i've spoken my piece. way to go dave!

Quote Originally Posted by daveabr View Post
    Guess I'm not sure how you ended up with an email trail about product with Ross. He is in and out so often, that he tries to just stay out of that stuff anymore. And emailing him would be liking trying to email the owner of any company.

i tried emailing the info@abrimagery.com and it came back with a delivery failure so i emailed the other contact on the same page rossglass. it was almost asking me to take my money elsewhere. i would expect such from an unhappy underling, but finding out he is the business owner now im extra pissed. thanks again dave you are truly helpful. tell ross to take some time off and re evaluate how he talks to ANYONE not just customers. both times i talked to him were because the information on the contact AND product page was incorrect.

rinse. and spit. this will be my last order through ABR.

Business owners shouldn't ever be customer service, as things can get personal quickly. No offense Mike, but you know what I mean.
    None taken, however, in many small businesses (like mine), the owner is not only customer service, but accounting, engineering, production, QC, etc etc etc.

It's easy to say "shouldn't ever" but the truth is, it is more likely than you'd want to believe.

Absolutely. We were once that way. Used to be just me and Ross basically. But, now we have 40 people, and with that comes a lot of paperwork and things that take an owner away from the service side of the business. I'm just saying that usually business owners are quicker to get defensive than say a customer service rep. It's easy to take it personal. Again, it's no excuse for an owner to talk to a customer publicly or privately in a non servicing manner.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery