The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery

Default Re: ABR Imagery

Quote Originally Posted by daveabr View Post

To address the spray foam packing.... We were told by UPS and Fed Ex here at our hub several years ago that if we didn't use the spray foam on full length tubing, they'd stop paying are claims. We use biodegradable peanuts and bubble wrap in all of our small box orders. But, for shipping full length tubing, the spray foam ensures a paid claim in the instance of damage. So, we do it to protect us and you. If you are absolutely set on peanuts, just tell us when you order. Happy to accommodate that request. We don't know if you don't ask.

Dave
    Good to hear you guys starting using blown in foam. I once received a double box from you guys with peanuts. UPS had mangled it and ripped the end of the outer off. The case was opened and there were razor Sharp broken 20mm rods hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by daveabr View Post
    Absolutely. We were once that way. Used to be just me and Ross basically. But, now we have 40 people, and with that comes a lot of paperwork and things that take an owner away from the service side of the business. I'm just saying that usually business owners are quicker to get defensive than say a customer service rep. It's easy to take it personal. Again, it's no excuse for an owner to talk to a customer publicly or privately in a non servicing manner.
    here's how it should have gone - "thanks for your inquiry, i've cc'd ____ who can help you with this. thank you and have a nice day"

bingo bango you continue to get my thousands of dollars a year.
    Nah, nah. See, I meant to do that.

I have had some excellent service from ABR, always actually. Even with mistakes in orders they have always made it right for me. Sometimes people have shit going on in their lives, be it personal, business stress, etc. It doesn't excuse potential bluntness or what seems like rude responses, but keep in mind you are dealing with humans, not robots and they are complex. This industry is small, and often times someone might have no clue that you were invested in really talking to them or that something they did one time you met them colored your opinion of them for a long time, etc.

Anyways just saying I enjoy the hard work and the service ABR gives me. People are people n stuff, don't let it ruin your day or anything so long as things get resolved. If I ever move back to the midwest and need a job... maybe I will come a knockin' on ABR's door haha. /me ends possibly silly and useless rant.

Quote Originally Posted by gomilobster View Post
    I have had some excellent service from ABR, always actually. Even with mistakes in orders they have always made it right for me. Sometimes people have shit going on in their lives, be it personal, business stress, etc. It doesn't excuse potential bluntness or what seems like rude responses, but keep in mind you are dealing with humans, not robots and they are complex. This industry is small, and often times someone might have no clue that you were invested in really talking to them or that something they did one time you met them colored your opinion of them for a long time, etc.

I agree. There have been times I have been blunt when it wasn't warranted, but this was two separate questions, couple weeks/months apart, separate email addresses. This leads me to believe this is how this guy always is. Unfortunately he was the only working email address on the contact us page. Very unfortunately. I'm not here to shit on abr again, this is only this guy driving me to venom, but I guess I'm old fashioned in a sense that I give a fuck about how I run my business and what my customers are saying to my OTHER CUSTOMERS.

I am very involved in entrepreneurship and I have helped quite a few startups in my short career-none of them glass, some of them we're raw materials supply though for the printing industry. Many of them get to right about here(Abr) and then lose because they pitfall into thinking who cares about one customer...

Aaaaand sunk.

Gomilobster I don't want you to think I stuck it to anyone. I kinda went there too thinking he's just going through some shit but still no excuse.

My reply, sadly, to a business owner:

"Thanks for the passive aggressive response that's highly professional. I already ordered the items yesterday after I re clicked through the eggs to re read the promotion. Hope whatever is eating you clears up this is the second response from you that was really kind of rude. Have good one. "

Idk what else to say other than he better figure that shit out quick. I only do business with people I like. I think the point is to make your customers like you. I think. Says the small business consultant.

If nothing else, this was worth a chuckle.

Mountain glass has really gone out of there way to try to get my business. But like I told them I got the MGA sales flier this month and it has nothing good in it. ABR sales are stuff I actually need. Plus Dave is a good dude. So that is why I stick with ABR.

I second that Dave is a good dude. Here here! To Dave! 🍻

Hmm Re: Did ABR rip off mike close and or other artists?

well I ordered some valves for a Nortel top fire back in the spring ,,,abr is like 50miles from me and after a week and a half I tracked no luck ,,,got a package two days later and it was two bowl push's NOT my vales well I called and the guy I talked to was kind of a smart a$$..well they send my stuff to wrong person so it took another week to finely I got my valves the oxy vale was new and the gas was used the way I know it was it was filthy ..and I had to take the bowl pushes to town to mail back ... after that I will never do any more dealings with them .......that's my experience with them...................I hope you have better luck than I did..............................................p epper

Default Re: Did ABR rip off mike close and or other artists?

You live 50 miles from ABR and never thought to just hop in the car and drive there?

Sorry, but for a first post, this sounds extremely unlikely.

He shouldn't have to hop in the car and drive an hour there and an hour back to fix their screw up. I wouldn't have either if I were him, so I really don't find it too unlikely.

I live in Indiana, about 3 hours away from ABR, and the 3 times I've ordered from them, it has taken around 2 weeks for me to receive a package. 2 of the 3 times I had backordered products, and was never told about it until I received the package missing said items and called them. No note on the receipt, no phone call before shipping to see if I wanted to substitute with something else, nothing. They've sent me a few wrong colors, and the odds I bought from them when I first started should have clearly been seconds. I know cause I still have some of them sitting in my box of unusable glass.

I switched to another company almost 600 miles away, and they get me my packages in two days, every time, they let me know before shipping if stuff is backordered so I can substitute if I wish, Have been really good about sending me the right stuff, and I have never had a quality issue as bad as some of the stuff ABR has sent me.

When I've had this much issue with a company, I'm not gonna waste my time to fix their screw ups, and honestly don't blame pepper if he felt the same way, even being that much closer than I am.

It would sound extremely unlikely if it was mountain glass he was talking about!
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseNip View Post
    He shouldn't have to hop in the car and drive an hour there and an hour back to fix their screw up. I wouldn't have either if I were him, so I really don't find it too unlikely.
    That wasn't my point.

Needs valves for torch, vendor is 50 miles away. Hop in car, get there in an hour, 15 minutes at store, back home in an hour **WITH THE RIGHT STUFF**, problem solved.

Still not buying it.

If I lived 50 miles from abr I would buy 4 cases of glass on sale and fill the trunk of the car! No shipping costs must be nice. Glass is really heavy. 49.5 lbs a case I believe.
    I think abr is the best! I love the new sales!

Yeah. I wish ABR was closer. I buy from that other place in NC because I can drive there, or if I have them ship it I get it the next day. But I do buy from ABR when I can't get it from the other place and have never had a single issue with them.

I got an order that was wrong once. I don't hold that against companies. Mistakes happen. It's how they deal with the mistakes that forms my opinion. It wasn't a lot of glass so they told me to just keep it and they sent out the correct glass to me and I got it a couple days later. That's all I could ask for.

Default ABR Imagery

ABR still has the best prices on Asian glass. But everyplace is selling it for really cheap. I wonder if it is all the same stuff?
    I have tested out the glass at ABR before I feel confident in buying a lot of it.
    I'm fully stocked. All my glass is from abr.
    The small boxes are cases of asian joints I got from Glasscraft. They don't sell them anymore for cheap. So I filled the boxes with asian joints from abr. I don't pay more then $1 each.
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-02-2015 at 01:47 PM.

every thing is fine now dave fixed it I am good with them ...thank u pepper
    Last edited by pepper; 04-06-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: the thing got taken care of

If your story is true they will hook you up. I never had a problem.
    I just placed another order also.

Odd, their customer service has always been very nice and helpful to me. Did you get names of who was rude?

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    Odd their customer service has always been very nice and helpful to me. Did you get names of who was rude?
    No I did not I was so hot when I got up there and you guys told me that they were going to help me I didn't get the guys name he might have told me but I didn't pay no attention to that I was so pi$$ed steam was coming out my ears...

So you drove there and you say because it was 4:05 they made you leave? Is 4 there close time I guess?