The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: ABR Imagery

Default Re: ABR Imagery

Ouch

I just got a $100 color tubing order fedex to me fast. Never been there. But I get good service on the web and the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    No I did not I was so hot when I got up there and you guys told me that they were going to help me I didn't get the guys name he might have told me but I didn't pay no attention to that I was so pi$$ed steam was coming out my ears...

If you were readily displaying anger, that says it all right there man
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

I was in Bloomington for the first time Friday but didn't have time to stop in at ABR. What I can say is Bloomington is an awesome town. IU is a beautiful campus.

yeah if it's 5 minutes past closing time, i hate to say it but that's on you.

if you genuinely were mistreated, they will make it right, but you catch more with honey, etc.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Ya you say u got lost but did you plan to have time to look around inside the store if you wouldn't have gotten lost? Sounds a lil like you were cutting it close on time even if you were not lost. I'm just saying simply if I was an hour away I wouldn't wait till 90 minutes before closing time to head that way. Attitude on each side left out of it .

Here's the deal. We have posted on our front door, and tell people all the time, we have walk in hours of 9-12 and 1-4. That gives the warehouse crew a lunch break. And after 4 is when we are busiest getting orders out, and tying up loose ends. We have had countless people walk in at 4:45 and want to shop for 3 hours. We can't accommodate that. Our crew all have families and other things they are committed to outside of work hours. So, we made those hours to protect them from ever feeling stuck helping someone when their kid may need picked up from after school care or whatever it may be. This time of year, a lot of us play softball after work in our local league. We gotta go at 5. Just another example of why we have those hours.

That being said, if someone shows up after 4 and wants to shop, we try to take it as it comes. An understanding attitude from the customer that we are making special efforts is always the best way to ensure our guys want to help you. If we have an available employee, and we aren't swamped at the moment, we can try to accommodate. We could ask, "Hey, how long do you need? Because we have 20 minutes for you, tops" But, most days, we are swamped at that time, and we don't even have that to spare. Shipping orders will always be our number 1 priority, and that is why we make sure we are focused on that the last hour before our couriers pick up at 5.

Also, we always tell people that if they call ahead, we can try to inquire with the staff if someone can stay late, or at least give them time to prepare for a late day walk in. And if someone places an order ahead of time, we allow pick ups of those orders after 4. The warehouse can get it ready earlier in the day, and you can just pick it up and be on your way quickly. But, that is different than dedicating an employee to someone for an hour or more who just walked in the door in the midst of our guys being super busy.

Anyhoo, in the spirit of good service, we have offered Mr. Pepper free shipping on an order to make up for the product he was unable to get when he came here, which he took us up on. And I think this is all settled down now. We always try to make sure people are satisfied, regardless of what caused the issue. While some things are indeed irreconcilable for one or both sides, a simple gesture here should smooth things out and I think we have an understanding going forward with our policies for walk ins with Mr Pepper.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

If you are typing a ABR imagery in your GPS on your telephone there on your Maps Google Maps it will take you to the man's house not his business in which it's on the other side of town just about quite quite quite a little click away

To everybody that if everything's cool now no big deal the did the right thing I'm very impressed with the way they handled it thank you very much .sorry if I caused anybody any inconvenience

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

If you are typing a ABR imagery in your GPS on your telephone there on your Maps Google Maps it will take you to the man's house not his business in which it's on the other side of town just about quite quite quite a little click away

Hard to imagine how it's ABR's fault that you arrived after their posted closing time. Maybe you should have typed in the correct address and not just the business name? Or maybe left earlier to find the place if you'd never been there before? Neither GPS nor Google maps is flawless. I've sent 3 different map corrections to Google in just the last month - one of which was the local polling place for the Georgia primaries. I haven't bothered with several others I found that were wrong.

Huh, generally, if you arrive at a store after the posted time of close, the door is locked, and there's no opportunity for customer to employee interaction. I can't see the original story - seems pepper removed it with an edit - but if the door is open and anyone can walk right in, despite business hours being over, I can definitely see how there's a possibility of fault on ABR's part - even if only the bad marketing this entails.

This does obviously look like a case of catching more with honey and the whatnot. But... why isn't the door locked at 4? Dave, your "we try to take it as it comes" approach, versus just locking the door at 4, seems to be ripe with potential problems, as you clearly indicate.

endnote fellows that the website says 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. that's what the website says so that's what I was going by

endnote fellows that the website says 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. that's what the website says so that's what I was going by

Yep, I see that right on their contact us page. Good point. I hope they fix that, or at least clarify their distinction between the posted "business hours" and what Dave is calling "walk-in hours". Definitely some confusing marketing there.

Not that I have any right to tell you how to run your business, hahahahah. But this is the internet, so I'm going to anyway.
    Last edited by mattholimeau; 04-06-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo, "hour" -> "how"

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

Quote Originally Posted by daveabr View Post
    When we make mistakes, we learn from them.
    Apparently not fast enough...

I just happened back across this thread again for the first time since my other post, and now realize that I owe you an apology, pepper. I was badly mistaken in my original assessment of who was to blame. There is no question it was ABR's fault. I didn't realize they had a 5pm closing time posted on their website. Even worse, I just checked and their contact page STILL states their closing time is 5pm. How the hell is a customer who has never been there before supposed to know that there is a sign on the front door that says 4pm is the deadline for walk-ins, if the website says they're open until 5:00? WTF, are customers who have never been there supposed to be psychic and know that an hour prior to the stated closing time on their website the doors will get locked? Seems like a shitty way to run a business.

So you were absolutely right and had every right to be pissed when they shut the door in your face an hour before their advertised closing time. Even more so since the reason you drove there in the first place was due to their screw-up of your order.

Please accept my apology, pepper. I was wrong. You were right. And ABR looks like shit in this - especially since, nearly 3 weeks later, they STILL haven't fixed the page on their website that caused the closing time confusion.

It's all good but there was a thing with a valve .that I was not satisfied with so that was #1 when I got the valves the oxy was clean as a whistle and the other one appeared to be used to have oxidation from propane gas so I pay the new prices they were late that really wasn't a big deal but when I got it and have been used I didn't feel like sending that back I needed it and so I kept it but you know the next dealings with them wasn't good either so you know I guess I got one more time up at bat with him and if things don't work out better well then I guess I won't be playing ball in their field no more

But they did fix it and you know I did the right thing as far as the shipping and all that but they still could have a very least took my order and my money that day ..