The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Revere Glass School

Default Re: Revere Glass School

Hey Kevin, dustin, whoever.. 425 776 3417 Call Momka Peeva.. tell her Jeff from ny sent ya.

Might help the rep if folks saw that the old issues posted here were resolved in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasbloer View Post
    Clear up this old issue:
    I want my money.
    Hey @douglasbloer did you ever get this cleared up? Was this post the only way you let him know there was still a problem?
    ~Misha

nope. never cleared up. back when this happened, dustin was pretty clear on the phone that he wasnt giving me my money back.

ugh thats not reassuring to hear. i donated on patreon (not a lot), but isnt this whole situation kinda similar to the last? they ask for payment with promises to deliver something in the future?

Did the phone call take place after Kevin's post in this thread? Is the money in question money you gave them for GlassQ?
    ~Misha

it was for a three day demo of a handful of top 100 artists at dustins shop in 2009? (i d have to find my original thread i put up warning peeps about what had happened to find the date/year). dustin cancelled the demo. didnt call to tell me it was canceled. i almost flew there, but luckily i called revere to confirm some info that morning before i got on the plane. i called for a week trying to get someone to give me my money back, finally got dustin and all he would offer me was to take another class or demo. i told him he could pay me in raw material if he was tight, no go. so it was left at its not his policy to give money back on a class that he cancels.

so here i am, periodically reminded i got ripped off.

At least with Patreon as a third party site you can change or delete your monthly contribution at any time. It's not paying upfront for anything longer than a month. I was also taken for some money at GlassQ. I had just joined up a month or two prior to it being shut down so I wasn't out too much money, it was one of their cheapest rates. I'm approaching this with the same cautious mentality. I signed up for $5 a month and if they keep their word and do 2 "On the Torch" lessons a month, that's still paying $2.50 for a lesson in something I might not know much about. That's worth every penny in my eyes.

I appreciate that they need to make a living. I understand that people make mistakes and are completely capable of change and I am aware that there is a possibility they might not live up to their own terms, in which case many people will quickly rescind their monthly donations. I'd like to think that Dustin learned through the blowback of GlassQ going down that people don't like to feel taken advantage of, and it can affect both his wallet and his reputation for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by revere glass View Post
    Glassagonia, I was actually at the shop for that class, it was right when I started. Sorry that our disorganization lead to travel troubles, that is one area we have definitely improved on. Correct me if I wrong, but I think you got a refund for the class because of the mixup.
    I've never sat in on a workshop with anyone else, but to date that was still some of the most advanced glassblowing I've seen. I'm with mistahead in that part of the draw is watching how he works his magic to tame something just outside of his reach.

Cheers!
    Kevin
    Absolutely no, I didn't get a refund?! My wife and I called several times and we had a very difficult time trying to get my money back. Finally decided that we weren't getting a response from you.... so I had to go to the class. So you are offering a refund?!! Should I call you or your wife because whenever money was discussed -- you had no knowledge and always said she'd call back..... but we always seem to have to call her back.

Don't get me wrong Eusheen is a great artist and I thoroughly enjoyed watching and learning from him. But when the school doesn't have all the tools the artist needs in advance.... we sat around for about 1-1/2 hour in total waiting for color and this "Japanese cutting tool".

And how am I going to grab something that is "outside of his reach"?

@revere glass hasn't logged in since before these posts were made, so I'm wondering if he knows there's a problem he needs to address.
    ~Misha

He knew there was a problem when I talked to him when it happened. he made his choice.

u think I should see if he changed his mind?

Kevin wants to speak for revier, acknowledging the issue directly here. Maybe he should do something about it now that he's got himself involved as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I think you should both try talking to Kevin. Maybe he can do some thing to fix it. He said in his posts that he wanted to resolve issues.
    ~Misha

There is a lot I could say i attended revere glass from 2009-2010, All i will say is that i during that time i got burned on lessons and other things, and Dustin still owes me 500-1000 in lessons and an apologie for threatening me and my family.
    I am extremely grateful to have learned to blow glass there and meet alot of nice people and it helped me immensely to learn to blow glass but, I was a paying customer and i was treated with no respect i was just another one of the apprentices who didnt matter. It didnt matter the amount of money i had put onto his business and how i supported him for almost a full year, i would try and setup a lesson or ask a question and would just get made fun of or told we would do the lesson the next day and that went on for weeks. I asked for a refund for the lessons to be told he has no money, so i get payed back in bubbley tubing that i had to swap out after i got it because it was unusable.
    I learned alot and am truly grateful to have learned to blow glass there, but the amount drama lying and bullshit that i had to put up with made it not very enjoyable.

I saw Dustin earlier this year and he had conveniently forgotten our jaded past and acted super friendly towards me wanted me to come out and do collabs and whatnot. Im not interested since im sure ill get screwed. He was kind enough recently to add my name to his website without asking if i cared. Alot of shady business goes down with him, Im no angel and have fucked up alot, but with the amount of people that have had issues with him its kinda shocking it still continues.

I remember the class douglasbloer's is talking about 1 or two people dropped out last minute and 2-3 people who worked there me included hadnt payed yet and were waiting till the day of the class to pay. As soon as someone dropped out he canceled the whole thing i remember showing up the day before or it was the day of the class, to pay him only to find out it wasnt happening and was in total shock, If i remember right 1 or two people still showed up thinking the class was on and were super pissed.

Things might have changed i wouldnt put my money on it but it wouldnt be the first time i have been wrong. Someone i knew pretty well for a time also attended there in 2010-2011 and had the same experience as me for the most part good learning but negative overall.