The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new to glass blowing need your spare and extra equipment (need almost everything)

Default new to glass blowing need your spare and extra equipment (need almost everything)

ok so im starting to glassblow im in need of everything at this point except i already have a kiln,regs, and flashback arrestors. i think i have a local deal for a bravo but im still open to other torches. so please post up or pm me with what you have that you are trying to sell. btw i have paypal and live in florida.

Default Re: new to glass blowing need your spare and extra equipment (need almost everything)

where are you in Fl.
    GTT Mirage ......Slyairbrush.com Check me out for some of the best Airbrushing on the East Coast.
    Cars, Bikes, Shirts, (Glass?)

Default Re: new to glass blowing need your spare and extra equipment (need almost everything)

Jupiter.

i may know someone willing to part with a torch, ill get more deets from him
    Plymouth, MA
    GTT Delta Elite
    http://instagram.com/tcsglassworks

I'll take pics of my spare tools here in a bit when I get to the studio. Should have some useful stuff for you.

Gas and glass cost money, save your pennies.
    Insert witty glass comment here----->

"hollow", a haiku:

boro color lies
    transparent shows you the truth
    make one hundred first

-Bunyip

Quote Originally Posted by Casexx View Post
    I'll take pics of my spare tools here in a bit when I get to the studio. Should have some useful stuff for you.
    ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch-Bug View Post
    Gas and glass cost money, save your pennies.
    i have 0 tools so far cant make things with just my hands haha, but yeah if anyone has some spare boro laying around id be willing to pay for that aswell.

I've got one of those big plastic tubs filled to the brim mostly with pieces of tubing. Things gotta weigh 50 pounds. Has a bunch of color scrap and half made pieces in it too. What's it worth to you?
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle

messaging you

Goes without saying i hope, but if you're planning on trying to hook up a torch without a proper bench and ventilation system you're not going to make it to next week. Try to go about this with a system. If you just horde random supplies like you're doing, you're just going to end up way more confused then when you first started. Sit down, and make a list of EVERYTHING you need. Then figure out how much money and more importantly time you have to put into this and make a budget. theoreticlly you could set up a shop for between 1500-2000 but it wont be pretty. Realistclly you're gonna want atleast 5Gs starting cash. Im about a few days out from being completed with my studio and ive spent around 7 grand and spent the last 6 months setting everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroBaker View Post
    Goes without saying i hope, but if you're planning on trying to hook up a torch without a proper bench and ventilation system you're not going to make it to next week. Try to go about this with a system. If you just horde random supplies like you're doing, you're just going to end up way more confused then when you first started. Sit down, and make a list of EVERYTHING you need. Then figure out how much money and more importantly time you have to put into this and make a budget. theoreticlly you could set up a shop for between 1500-2000 but it wont be pretty. Realistclly you're gonna want atleast 5Gs starting cash. Im about a few days out from being completed with my studio and ive spent around 7 grand and spent the last 6 months setting everything up.
    ive done my resaerch i know what i need to do and buy.i know all about the needs for ventilation. and money isnt a issue right now never said it was, im just in no rush to buy ill wait for the right deals to pop up . and i actually have a list witch i estimated totals out to around 4 grand of things im still on the look out for.

Good. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Cant wait for your progression thread to pop up.

only a couple weeks away haha

I have a GTT Delta Elite just come back from GTT $1900