The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there a way to find super old posts?

Default Is there a way to find super old posts?

so i remember over ten years ago, probably btw 2002-2004, i started a thread on here(probably the old incarnation of the forum) about my idea to make a movie. The post was made at least a few years before i actually got started on the process. I would be so curious to go back and read what i was thinking back then. Cant remember a thread title... (and its not the one about "Pipemaking being the most significant glass movement in America".... hehehe)

I tried some searches on this site, no luck. Not sure the archive goes back far enough.
    If anyone has a clue how to find such a thing, that would be rad.

Sling

Default Re: Is there a way to find super old posts?

Easiest way I'd think is to do a search for threads started by you then go back through the entire list.
    ~Misha

You can look through all of your "started threads" in your profile.

Here
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/searc...earchid=685357

"Never open your mouth, unless you're in the dentist chair."
    -Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano

Bulletproof Glassworks LLC
    http://bulletproofboro.bigcartel.com
    BulletproofGlassworks@Gmail.com
    www.instagram.com/BulletproofGlassworks
    #BulletproofGlassworks @BulletproofGlassworks

Thanks, but that only goes back to 2005 :/

This forum only goes back to 2005 when I moved us here from ezboard. If it was earlier, sadly it's gone.
    ~Misha

Bumms me out too .. There were lots of good posts .. lots .. I can't get back to the old forum .. Ive tried .. its weird the way back machinery seems to think the forum is still up and links to where it would be if it was still on the old board..

wayback.. can't get it to work
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

google cache sometimes finds stuff. There were a few threads moved over, but yeah, I think a lot were lost in a crash on the ezboards....
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

All of the old board stuff was sadly lost, true.

So it's NOT this one? http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...making-history

I miss the stuff from the old board, too... especially given what glass is like these days, it's a shame that content was never archived.

nah, not that one.

oh well, thanks guys!

Hey slinger I remember reading a thread about the operation pipeworks DVD where you mentioned being unhappy with the way glass artists were portrayed and vowed to make a better movie,, search for operation pipeworks should be easy to find, forgot what year that was though

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed like the history in 'degenerate art' was shaped by some of those early forum conversations. So epic to see it all come to life on film in such a professional manner. I know you get thank youz all the time but MAN you did it perfectly IMO.

I remember suggesting back then - that we install a forum 'flush' mechanism so archives fall away after a year or so. Musta been the hippy 'go with the flow/ never look back/ live in the moment' attitude. Ahh, youth.

Now I'm old and am kinda sad those old convos are gone. I always figured SOMEONE was backing it up, saving it all on a hard drive or something... Seems like *relatively* valuable stuff to let all that info slip away.

So, detective work: Did anyone ever hear of someone archiving the forum at any point? Maybe one of our techy members that has since left the forum. If so, we could reach out to said member and see if it's stored somewhere? Long shot, I know, but worth a try.

There wasn't a way to archive the ezboard, or I would have.
    ~Misha

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    There wasn't a way to archive the ezboard, or I would have.
    Ezboard/Yuku did not provide a method. However, we absolutely could have archived it with a tool such as wget.

The problem was that ezboard lost our data multiple times, though. Since it was a hosted service we had to rely on them to actually maintain our data, and they didn't. The type of archive that I mentioned getting with wget would be great to have now, but it wouldn't have been something that could be restored to their forum or transferred to this one (without a ton of programming work, anyway which none of us knew how to do at the time). And by the time we thought of backing it up in some way, they had already irreparably lost the first few years.

time machine!