The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CC crush washer?????

Default Re: CC crush washer?????

http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...+screen+rolled

This thread ^ , minus the rolled up screen. Some one added that at some point. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200216-152415.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	93931

Also, the question Mute had, I think I found that thread where I took a LOT off of old CC's. They still work as well as they did in that thread. The one with added rings is in use. I assume no responsibility if some one was going to attempt a similar solution.

http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...ght=Torch+face

Knight will sell the crush washer ..

Filing off the face of the torch is actually a big cause of the poke on the jets ..

Think about it ..if you have a torch and its face has been ground down ..

And you replace the jets . And reinstal ..
    The jets will poke out .. how ever much some one filed off the torch ..the last time they ground the face.

The guy from knight told me its pretty cosmetic and not to wory to much about the poke. He said its worse to grind the face and take more off the outer casing . Than to just leave it with a little poke..

None of the torches I posted with pronounced ports, had any aftermarket work. They came factory with that protruding port set up. (Sargent AND Knight )

We know knight sells washers, area541 posted that earlier in this very thread years ago.

I never ever in my life, saw jets alone get replaced on a ground down torch rebuild. Carlisle charges approximately 1000$ for a rebuild. Have any links to crush washers? Does knight offer a loose tube assembly? (Carlisle does not ) For some , grinding their Carlisle to get another 10 years seems pretty acceptable.

Grinding the face off allows someone to have a correct atmosphere and continue to do their job, pay their bills , feed the family, ECT. No one ever claimed it was always the best choice for all situations.

However , I stand behind grinding the face , knowing it will eventually kill that burner. Work today, in order to upgrade your set up at some future date.

Your grinding the face because you can't afford any other options, similar to heat treating a crush washer, allows someone to work again..

I call b.s. on that long tube theory. You can't ask for a half a rebuild. ( No one offers that partial service. ) The torch owner could take apart a parts torch and make this thearetcal long port torch, but why not take the parts torch outer case as well?.

Also, if you have "torch poke" your not grinding down anything , grinding the torch fixes sunken ports.
    Last edited by BORO; 04-15-2020 at 07:17 AM.

You can rebuild a torch on your own .. if you replace with a new port set up ..you will have poke on an outer casing that has been ground

The guy from knight told me specificly not to grind the face ..and just leave the poke . Because if you grind them to far you end up gaving to replace the casing .. with the rebuild. .

Call Bs all you want ..thats like a wack way of saying im lying and im not its pretty insulting tbh..

I rebuilt a knight with yhe help of a mechienist pal ..and the old man from knight. We replaced the center only ...and left the outer .. tubes ..ect .. if you order the parts from knight you can rebuild it on your own.

I wasnt trying to get into some stupid forum pissing contest.

But yes you can buy a center fire ..or a outer tube assembly also from knight ..but the old man needs to believe your capable of doing the work before he will sell them to you ..

There were some issues with this process as he straight refused to sell me 4 new valves ..and would only replace the one i had that leaked ..

He also told me all the new valves are shit ..so he was only going to come off one of his old stock valves .. lol

And he sent me a pioleted center dispite me requesting the non pioleted hydrogen center ..

Hes kinda hard to deal with and the price he chagged me for the parts was high enought. That in hind sight i would have just sent it in and had him do it ..i dont think i saved much ..but alas ..

Everything i posted came from that experiance and things he told me or the machienist thay helped me .

Thanks for sideways calling me a lier bro.. lol . Gotta love this damn forum ..

fact check false

i don't think anyone said anything anyone claims, just misunderstandings. You know like politicians do...lmfao
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Im calling bs ..

Quote Originally Posted by D. dino i ninjah View Post
    Im calling bs ..
    you calling me a liar...lol

i usually get things wrong, so i mean, anything is a possibility.

i've found one way to find the answer is to find out what the answer isn't
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Its false information you provided, and I'm calling it out. You have a history of trolling sights in the past. I don't know if your trying to troll here again or not. Your a seasoned glassblower and a lot of the information your have provided the industry has great value.
    However ....

You lead off sentence.

Knight will sell the crush washer ..
    Something that was already talked about in this very thread.
    No link, no price, no other information at all. (Immediately made me wonder if your trolling)

Then you follow up with this...

Filing off the face of the torch is actually a big cause of the poke on the jets ..
    And continue with a paragraph trying to justify your hypothesis.

People actually depend on this sight for real life useful knowledge. I see no reason to condem every torch with poke to the "rebuilt " pile when it's just not the case.

.but the old man needs to believe your capable of doing the work before he will sell them to you ..
    So, you can't actually buy the parts unless your a machine shop or something ? Do you understand why it seems suspect? I don't mean any disrespect. A.k.a. not calling you a lier, just calling out your information. You have to know that your telling a lie , to be a lier? I don't think you were ever being deceitful.

Does this mean every torch built by knight that has poke, is a rebuilt torch that was ground down ? It's hard not to take that away from this conversation.

I would prefer more people posted on this sight. Including you. Apologies if you took my response personal, not my intention.
    Last edited by BORO; 04-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.

love you guys
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Your call out is unwarrented ..boro because the information i provided is acurate ...
    If you grind down the outer casing ...
    And then install new jets they will poke out because you have removed some of the outer casing ..
    This is 100% factually true

I only troll trolls ..so if your worried about me trolling you maybe you should ask what your doing and why .

Good info was given .

I dont know if you are misunderstanding what im saying or what but its quite simple .

Grind the torch remove the outer casing ..then rebuild the torch with jets that are sized to fit and unground outer casing and the new jets will "poke" out.

Shit like this is why people stopped using the forum. Tbh . Calling me out .. for what ? Saying a factual statement you didnt understand ? .