The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GTT Super Lynx **Custom One of a Kind 4 Knob Lynx Built by GTT**

Default GTT Super Lynx **Custom One of a Kind 4 Knob Lynx Built by GTT**

This is a custom Lynx that I had GTT make for me about 10 or 12 or so years ago (I can't remember exactly when I had it made lol). It has a fourth knob for outer green oxygen. If you run a larger GTT such as the Phantom, Mirage, Delta, or anything bigger then you probably know the benefits of running the outer green oxygen while using the Lynx center fire. It greatly enhances the Lynx center fire, and it adds many more characteristics to the flame. The face of the torch is very unique in that the outer green oxygen comes out of a ring that surounds the Lynx ports. I've called it the Delta-Lynx, or the Lynx-Mag lol. It runs great and works as it should. Willy or Wally told me they would never build another one because it was not worth the extra time or work to be profitable. This can be considered very collectible because it's a one of a kind GTT.

I'm putting it up here first because I wanted to see what kind of interest there might be for it. I'm not really sure where it would get the most interest or the best exposer, but I figured I would post it here first. My best bet is probably to put it up for auction on ebay. I'm also considering putting it up for auction on the glassifieds page on FB if I can.

I might decide to keep it because of it's rarity, uniqueness, and the fact that it is a killer working Lynx on steroids! I really just want to get a feel for what kind of interest there might be for it.

I love using it, but it is my only torch, and I need to go big. I plan on getting a Jason Howard 40mm Herbie because it's the only torch company that I'm not familiar with, and I've been wanting to try one out for a long time now.

Send me a PM if you would like to make me an offer. I'm not sure if I can do an auction here or not, but if I list it on ebay or FB, I will post a link to the auction.
    Last edited by JTGlass; 02-17-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Default Re: GTT Super Lynx **Custom One of a Kind 4 Knob Lynx Built by GTT**

thats the coolest shit I've ever seen

Thanks, Chubbles! One of a kind GTT! I'll probably be kicking myself in the future if I sell it.

If it's going to sell, I want to give it some exposure to see what kind of interest there might be in it. Not really sure where to start besides here. I'm thinking FB would be a good place, but just not sure what pages I could post it on.

If anyone has any suggestions of where the best place is to post it for exposure, or for auction, I would be very grateful. I figure it's probably very collectible to someone.

I would probably start an auction for it at around $1000-$1200 and then see where it goes from there.
    Last edited by JTGlass; 02-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Um, not to be redundant, but that is hella wicked awesome. I have always used both Mirages and Phantoms primarily with an oxy bypass.

I would make you an offer, but I have a feeling that someone with deeper pockets is going to want it. But I am curious as to what this ends up selling for, if you decide to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosiedog View Post
    ...Send me a PM if you would like to make me an offer. I'm not sure if I can do an auction here or not...
    You're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    You're doing it.
    Are we allowed to do auctions here at the melting pot? I should PM Misha and ask her.

I wonder where it would get the most exposure? Probably either on ebay, or on facebook I would think. Does anyone know what the best glass page on FB to post it for auction would be? I think that it's one of a kind uniqueness would make this a very collectible torch to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Um, not to be redundant, but that is hella wicked awesome. I have always used both Mirages and Phantoms primarily with an oxy bypass.

I would make you an offer, but I have a feeling that someone with deeper pockets is going to want it. But I am curious as to what this ends up selling for, if you decide to part with it.
    Thanks, Kool. I've always used the outer green oxy on the bigger GTTs while running the center fire. If I were to use a foot pedal with a bigger GTT, the outer oxy bypass would be a must-have.

wow way way cool. I really wish I had the spare funds necessary for this, but alas I am in the same boat as Kool. That deeper pocketed person is bound to swing by. Never the less thanks for sharing and good luck with the sale/auction
    ~trapped! in the phantom zone~
    Progression Thread
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31775&highlight=Kato's

@borokato

Thanks Kato.

I'm probably going to list this on ebay, and then I'll post a link to it on facebook somewhere as well as here.

Thats pretty sweet if I were you I wouldn't part with it unless you really had to.

Of course you can do auctions. There's a prefix for it even.

Wow cool torch!! Good luck
    ~Misha

Its cool, although its more priced toward a collector of odd one of a kind stuff

It must have cost less than a phantom, or you would have bought one of those.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

i bet that thing is really easy on those cad colors! very cool torch..i wish i was in a position to make an offer...that is one hell of a conversation piece to keep in the studio on display.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Can I haz torch?

Well i have one of if not the first handtorch gtt makes and it comes with a wooden handle to boot.
    this little cutie wojld sure look nice next to it.
    i am so tight on funds because i just bought 2 other tor hes or i would make an offer now.
    hmm what to sell to buy this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

Can we get some flame shots im curious to see how this thing rages compared to a stock lynx

I bought my kiln from Rosiedog years ago, can verify him as a good seller and good dude!

Is this going to be a 'silent auction' or an open auction? I'm seriously interested!

Malcolm
    ARTCO
    Artist's Reliable Tool Company
    Email:sales@ArtcoInc.com
    Phone:+1.408.288.7978

Does that outer ring heat the barrel up when it's raging?

I wish I could afford this... too cool!

the outer ring only shoots out oxy, no flame.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.