The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael "mer" Steeler January 22nd, 1968 - April 10th, 2014

Default Re: mer

This is so sad, RIP

Very very sad indeed. My condolences to his family.

Misha called me this evening with this sad news, and it really broke my heart. Michael and I were very close, and often called each other not only to just talk, but we also leaned on each other for advice. Our relationship was built on mutual respect and admiration for each other… on so many levels.

I will miss my friend so much; Picking up the phone and knowing he would be there, or answering the phone knowing that it was him on the other end.

Michael cared so much for the glass community (more than many of you know) and really took it to heart when things didn’t go well for us. I guess all I can take comfort in now are the memories, and the fact that he left this world peacefully… as we all want to go when it’s our time.

Rest in peace my brother (I know you will), and blessings to your family. Thank you for your contributions and caring so much about us, and someday we’ll meet on the other side.

One more thing; during our conversations, Mer would talk about “his sister”, and it was understood that he was talking about one person… Misha. Misha, I know that the two of you shared a very special bond, and I hope you are coping well with the situation… I’m always here if you need to talk.

Tom

P.S.- Misha… the class went very well, and thank you for talking to me about that : )

From the moment I made the acquaintance of this incredible man several years ago on this very forum, I felt a strong bond. More than that, though, it was admiration. I felt like he was put here just for me and that I learned so much from our friendship. Due to many things we had in common, our relationship grew to the point where I considered him someone that I could truly trust... a friend which I wasn't sure I deserved.

A recent turn of events landed "his sister" Misha at my house for a little while. Mer and his wife came to visit. He came under the guise of picking up his K tank that Misha had borrowed, but we all knew he was simply here to make sure this KLAW fellow that she was hanging out with passed the test. (Needless to say, he did). We had a great time, and after he had left, Mer sent me a text. He told me, "I don't allow myself many brothers, but I'd like to think of you that way... you get me, which is rare..."

I was beyond honored that he thought of me in that way, and I already felt the same about him. He is someone that I knew I could trust like I do my blood brother... without question. I have told my wife many times in the past that Michael is one of the wisest, kindest, and deepest people I have ever known.

Today is my birthday, but this year I am celebrating the life of a great man.

For the rest of my life, Mer, when another year has passed and I look back and assess where I am and what I've done, I will always be reminded of you. I wouldn't want it any other way. I poured out a shot of whiskey for you, brother, and I've cried more today than I have in years. I already feel like you are helping to guide me.

Peace,
    ~K

I am so sorry.

When the shadows of this life have gone
    I'll fly away
    Like a bird from these prison walls I'll fly
    I'll fly away..

I had never met Mer, even online. But I admired his absolutely gorgeous work.

He sounds like he was an exceptional person, so surely wherever his soul carried onto is a beautiful place.

My best wishes go out to anyone and everyone close to him. I hope you all are doing alright during these hard times.

In 2012–2013 I was blessed to be the guest of over 30 different households. In not one did I find more gracious, generous hosts than mer and Anna.

This complex and amazing man thoroughly welcomed me into his life and mind. Always so thoughtful, so philosophical. There was no better person to share a bong and a whiskey with while contemplating the ways of the universe. Before I left, he beseeched me to please stay, to live in his home. I truly wish that I had, that I would given him the support that he needed so much that then. I'll never stop regretting what happened after that.

There is so much light in him, an amazing hue that does not shine in anyone else. I always wished we could see that again. I'm sure we will. Love you mer.

A sad day. A kind soul. He will be missed.
    RIP.

I'm so happy to see he touched so many of your lives.

I am still in shock and at a loss for words. Thank you all who have reached out to me and his family today.

I can say I know mer felt loved. I know he knew I would always be there and he knew he was family, as does his wife and daughter. When you find a true friend and brother make damn sure they know it. You never know when they might not wake up.

I have no regrets here. He knew.

Please love your family bravely. Make sure they know.

Btw...I love you guys.
    ~Misha

Condolences to all he touched, he shared a wealth of knowledge.
    “Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.”
    ― Terence McKenna

Sad news to end the night on, my condolences to those that were close to him.

Glad for the privilege of knowing him a bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03719.JPG  
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

I am having a hard time this morning. Mer really was one of my greatest loves.

Aymie

Wow I haven't been on this forum in years but learned of mer's passing and have to send my condolences to his family. Years ago when I was helping to Put together a glass magazine he invited me into his home and we chatted for hours. mer was a very kind man I'm glad I got to meet him.

Fuck, this is sad. I don't know what else to say. RIP Mer, you will forever be in our hearts.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. He was always very helpful and seemed like a great guy. I'm very sad to hear this.

Default Michael Steeler January 22nd, 1968 - April 10th, 2014

I was not able to find many words yesterday but the night is long. I miss my brother.

Michael Steeler January 22nd, 1968 - April 10, 2014

mer often spoke of the qualities he appreciated in his friends and family and he lived by them.

He spoke of loyalty. Those of you that knew him well and earned his respect knew he had your back. "Back to back, knives out sister." he'd say, and he meant what he said. His loyalty ran deep and never faltered.

He often spoke of honor and he truly honored those of us close to him. He never spoke badly of his wife, family or friends. Not even in moments of frustration.

He spoke of honesty and lived by it, always gently telling us his perspective eve

n when he knew it would hurt us. More importantly he was honest with his feelings and made sure we all knew how he felt, that we were loved and cherished.

He had an empathetic emotional wisdom about him that is unmatched. No matter the situation or depth of pain he always knew just what to say. He made those he loved feel understood and acknowledged.

He was faithful even when he didn't agree something was the best choice. He stood by us when we made decisions and never played the "I told you so" card when we made mistakes. He simply helped us get back up and try again.

He hurt deeply when one of us hurt. His life was the people he surrounded himself with. He knew how to make each one of us feel special and important to him.

I'm so thankful that he made the trip to come meet Kris before he left us. It hurt so much to watch him worry about me and the last few years haven't been kind to me. He left knowing he didn't have to worry about me anymore. Kris gave him this gift of peace simply by being a good and loving man to me. The world needs more people like these two amazing men. (I love you Kris. More today. )

mer fought hard to protect his people. He fought hard to be a better man through battles most men would crumble under. He loved bravely, honestly, faithfully and genuinely.

My words fail to do him justice. Never have I known someone like mer, he was truly one of a kind. I am blessed to have had him in my life. This community is blessed to have had him at the reigns. This world a better place for having him in it.

I'm so happy to see that he touched so many of your hearts. It mattered to him. You mattered to him. Thank you to those of you who made his life better, even if only momentarily.

Please love your people bravely. You never know when they might not wake up.

mer...I am here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	60317
    ~Misha

Default Re: Michael Steeler January 22nd, 1968 - April 10th, 2014

Perfect words from his sister. Love you, love him.

Aymie

Is there a way to shut down the rest of talk glass for a bit except this thread? like a moment of silence? Some new people here might not know The impact in there life this man has made. Respect on all levels. He will be missed.

This place is truly my online home and you're not LIKE family, you ARE my extended family. Mer's passing leaves a big hole, but I know as a family we'll find a way to remember him forever and the strength to support one another as we mourn.

Misha, lemme know if there's anything I can do for you, for the forum, or for Michael's family.

*hug*
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓