The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Tucson Show! - February 3-7, 2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!

Default New Tucson Show! - February 3-7, 2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!

ANNOUNCEMENT!
    2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!
    February 3-7 2015

It's my honor to announce an all new show in Tucson during the gem shows! February 2015 will see a new show that is dedicated to Glass Art, Glass Beads, and Glass Blowers from around the world coming together to display their art to collectors, enthusiasts, and all the great people Tucson has to offer during the internationally renowned Tucson gem and mineral show period that runs the entire month of February.

It's been a long time goal of mine to organize a new glass show that's run for the glass artist community, BY the glass art community. Tucson has always been a great and welcoming venue, but lately the shows have spread us thin and many artists have felt a loss of the camaraderie over the past few years. My hope and vision is to bring as many glass artists as possible back together under one roof, to establish a new show venue that caters to the collectors, artists, enthusiasts, and businesses that make the Glass Art community the greatest contemporary art movement of the 21st century.

There will be many more announcements to be made in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned! I have some exciting news about vendors, location, and applications I can't wait to share. Thank you to everyone who's already shown interest in this show, I'm sure with your support it will be the Next big Thing in Tucson for years to come!

-Doug Harroun / Greymatter Glass
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Default Re: New Tucson Show! - February 3-7, 2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!

I am happy to announce that I am the first exhibitor to sign up. Lewis C Wilson Crystal myths

Default Re: New Tucson Show! - February 3-7, 2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!

Way to go, Doug! Good luck with everything.

This. Is. Awesome.

TMP would like to sponsor your event. Hit me up.
    ~Misha

Here is an update from Doug with a partial list of exhibitors.

We still have several great spaces for vendors at the show, if you've been waiting now is the time to get your applications / contracts in. The Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival is shaping up to be a great event, a reunion of many artists that made previous shows so much fun. This will be a medium sized show featuring glass artists and associated vendors only - no mass produced imports, strand beads, or plastic flowers!

As a first year show I know there are artists who will have concerns and questions. The biggest question is "who else will be there?" I have many outstanding applications and don't want to commit people who are on the fence - I respect that name dropping and being false about vendors is a tactic that works for other shows, I am not like that, and this show will not play those games.

Right now, I have as confirmed vendors:
    Jared DeLong
    Akihiro Okama
    Ryo Ono
    Mika Nishiyama
    Takahiro Muto
    Masao Sakai
    Kazushi Onodera
    (+ about 20 amazing Japanese artists work who cannot attend in person!)
    Lewis Wilson / Crystal Myths
    Barb Svetlik
    Bronwen Heilman
    Marcia Kmack / Cavecreek Glassworks
    Patty Lakinsmith
    Lori Engle / Heiden & Engle
    Monty Clark / Dichroic Inc.
    Jeff Rogers / Rogers Art Glass
    Darryl Emmett / Blast Shield Tools
    Donna Felkner / CG Beads
    Doug Harroun / Greymatter Glass
    Donna Conklin / Prima Donna Beads
    JeriLyn Alderman / Firechilde Glass Studio
    JC Herrell
    Margret Zinser / MZ Glass & Bijoux Bee

Thanks Lewis!

Anyone from TMP that would like to get info about the show:

Application: Application.pdf
    Floorplan: Venue.PDF

There's still space, but it's crunch time and booking rooms will get harder. I have a small block of rooms at the venue for exhibitors, but they need to be booked asap.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you have questions.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

this sounds like an amazingly wonderful show you have planned, doug!