The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wanted:figurine workers

Default wanted:figurine workers

ive seen some really amazing figurine lampworkers at gunshows and malls

AMAZINGLY INEXPENSIVE and crazy good techniques

so:

help me find these amazing underpaid figurine artists so that i too can commission deer and ducks and hummingbirds and tiny dragons for cheap.

what i think will be cool for them is ill pay more than theyre acustom and ill be attempting to elevate there work to another level of respect.

Default Re: wanted:figurine workers

Have fun in China
    The artist formerly known as Puff Danny

Quote Originally Posted by JANKYglass View Post
    Have fun in China
    I was at Toys R Us one day and noticed a small display near the end of an aisle. It was a bunch of little glass animals selling for a few bucks a piece. Gen-u-wine Italian glass animals. I think they were made in China.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/glass-ani...28301-11915755
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

I love how the Toys R Us website helpfully offers the manufacturer's number, as if anyone would know Manufacturer #: 28301

I make this kind of stuff .. https://www.facebook.com/StengerGlass .. Dragons .. Hummingbirds .. Angels .. Bears .. Dear.. ornaments.. Have accounts that have been keeping me pretty busy .. My solid skills .. are well .. getting pretty solid . The scale I work on is slightly larger .. than most .. traditional .. (mall ) Kind of work .. If your interested . contact me .. here or on face book .. I am filling a 1600.00 order for this type of stuff right now... and not getting paid enough to make it .. so Im pretty much your guy ..

i am interested.

i like that your scale is larger.

ill pm u soon.

hit up Lewis Wilson, he can bang out small figures in minutes, and/or put you in contact with people he knows that might be closer to you.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

yeah?!! i never even considered being able to get them from someone so renowned.

Milon Townsend was working Ren Fair.. last year.. Killed my dudes sales .. I learned a bit from and old scientific worker my self. (dude still makes Lace work) . He used to sell out every year.. Then .. Milon started working his circuit. Old boy was like .. well at least I had a good run.he still does the shows but makes like 1/2 what he used to . I could put you in touch with him as well .. He does some great ornaments .. with windows and small figures inside.. really old school stuff..

I took a class on how to make figurines with Eric Goldschmit at the studio in the Corning museum of glass once. I learned a lot about how to make a figure.

yes, totally put me in touch with him. definitly wanna see some pics.

Go buy homer Hoyt's glassblowing, carberrys glassblowing, and the hammesfehr-strong creative glassblowing. Then you can quit middlemanning and make carny glass all by yourself.

im actually not too shabby at a fairly wide range of animals in figurine style work.

its just that there are some highly skilled figuriners that will knock out tonnes of this boring-to-me work for way cheaper than i can pay myself.

and theyre american craftsmen!!!

(not that i dont do alot of boring prodo; i do, and want to do less, and this seems like a legit angle.

Bump! I'm also looking for a figurine artist. Steve Selchow was our go to guy for years. I'll hit up Lewis but let me know if you have any other contacts!

Thanks in advance!
    -Dan Neff

www.nafglass.com

Lampworking on Lake Superior

Hi there
    I make various figurines since almost 40 years.
    What do you want to know ?