The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Amazon Supply site sells Boro!

Default New Amazon Supply site sells Boro!

So I just heard about Amazon opening up a new website strictly for supplies for all industires. Intrigued I checked it out to see what i could get for cheap... to may surprise there was a lab section and I then searched for anything made of borosilicate glass on the side filter. HOLY COW, they are selling by the case rod tube i've only got a few pages in but I was so amazed I had to share and maybe more eyes can find more deals than I.

amazonsupply.com

Amazon Supply - Boro Search

Default Re: New Amazon Supply site sells Boro!

Free shipping on orders over $50 bucks and I just tried it works on full cases of tube and rod!

Dont think you'll be getting any deals over there. Only thing I saw was F+D had some simax rod up . But it was in less than half case incriments, like a 12 pack of 12 mil rods for $150. Plus im sure they have no authority to give any kind of discount on bulk orders so thats probably the only reason they can do free shipping.

Might be useful someday.

The rods were horribly priced but i found a case(24) corning Pyrex. 25.5 x 4.0 for $189, which is same price as most sites but when i get a case shipped from any other supplier its $150 to get it shipped

With that being the case i can spend that extra shipping cash on more glass and for a newb like me, that smells like a win

Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

if you want cheap clear go with ust or eu... and if your gonna buy 10 or more cases glasscraft has 45%off certain sizes of simax

Quote Originally Posted by oG Glocc Coma View Post
    Not seeing any actual measurements for the wall thickness.

Yeah bulk is the way to go,you never want to pay the list price for clear.

I literally just placed an order with UST yesterday for 12 cases of schott,I got 50% off every single case. 1 case of 26x4=$62.37 you could buy 3 cases for the same price as that pyrex if you buy in bulk.

Credit cards are also fucking amazing. You can build your credit to top tier (800+) within a year or 2 just by making 1 or 2 glass orders and paying it off over 12 months(not minimum payments). You can always get 14+month 0%APR cards so you wont even have to pay a dime of interest on it either. Great financial practice too,if you can't hold down a credit card you'll be having a real tough time holding down your entire glass business.

Schott cases are 12 -5ft pieces while pyrex nd simax cases are 24 - 4ft pieces. With that in mind 2 cases of 24 pieces would be a better deal then 3 cases of 12. I agree its cheap to get at a discount which i did last time thru saltcityglass on their 60% off sale but then i payed 130 to ship it. Does ust offer free shipping? Can i get a link?

Don't set yourself on fire

As greymatter has pointed out many times... its all about pound price.... thats it..
    obviously shipping is factored in as well... but it should be factored in per pound if you want to stay accurate and consistent. You can do your own math and make your own decisions , but I can get 1,000lbs shipped for $250 or 1 case of 19x3.2 (43lb case) shipped from ust for $45.

A "case" of schott 26x4 is 25lbs.
    pyrex is 38lbs.
    Simax is 5ft tubes.

They have 6 packs of 19mm make ground joints.

Only $69!!

Shit and I've been paying 80 cents a piece. I've been gettin fuct!

Wait a sec , carry the 2, move the decimal point, PEMDAS, input fractions...

Yep.they're rapin kids