The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AGI "newb" ticket

Default AGI "newb" ticket

AGI Art Glass Invatational is looking for a "agi newbie", actually 2 but one spot is filled as of now. Myself and Joshua Mazet have come up with a "newbiestaff" position new for this year and if worked right, open to continue for years to come. The only requirements are that you can show up 2 days early for the get ready and leave 1 day late to put stuff away and you've only been on the torch for a year or less. This isn't a back breaking, digging ditches type position but more so a help set up, grab this, empty that, run and help them, you know, helping out where needed, when needed. You will be able to make most of the classes and demo's with a chance of being late 8) The staff shows up a week or so early and works to get buildings ready, run line, repair things, unload things etc....etc..... here's the kicker, the ticket only costs $350 and includes everything a "B" Ticket does. There will be a station for staff members so you will be able to melt so you don't start itching 8) If your interested let me know and we'll go from there......be warned, if I don't get back to you fast, it means a gazzillion people wanted this ticket and it's taken me a minute to get back to ya. 8) Also if you see that we've got someone solid please don't get mad if I don't get back to ya ....
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Default Re: AGI "newb" ticket

Please share this with those around you. I'm hoping the last spot will go to someone on the board. I've gotten plenty of peeps wanting the ticket. Will be picking one this month. If your unsure cause you don't know me .... well, ask Misha, Alex V., JRoss, Alex K, Barry Lafler, Kevin, Scott, Stroker, Blake, The Donners, Josh M, Matt T. or or or or or or .... this is my 3rd year attending. I'm good peeps, wouldn't steer ya wrong and like I said, we're not building houses, roofing or digging ditches. This is a VERY simple position that will allow a newer artist to be part of a "must attend event" 8) Peace peeps
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

Dang i would love to if i could afford the ticket

Really hoping something like this happens again, Im a Pa boy as well and somethinh like this would probably be my only way to attend. If this happens fr 2015 id be willing to show up with everyone else a week early to set up!

When is it? I've been on the torch for under a year and have progressively been stepping up my skills. If I'm free I would be honored to give my time!

We will have 2 "newb/ newoob" positions this year and anybody interested please let me know at joshmazet@gmail.com and

This is such a great opportunity for a few lucky noobs.
    Agi is a game changer.
    Looking forward to meeting some new melters and can't wait to see my old friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

If you see this Josh, ive emailed you! :-)

I just put my deposit down for a Ticket!

Nice bro, I still haven't ever heard back from anyone

Good deal that is so nice of you wonks. Some year I will make the event although I would enjoy helping set up . I really can't be away from home that long . I might contact you for 2016 and see if helping 3days would be cool in 2016. I really enjoy setting up events . Was a site manager for 2 festival's for 5 years. And help any locals with shop and tool stuff around here.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!