The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fresh out of the kiln

Threaded View

Default Re: Fresh out of the kiln

That prep was a wack shape.

the bottom Brown on the can should have been the same thickness or thicker. I blew the Brown bottom into a bubble right after that pick. so same handle , Brown bubble out of the narrow Brown closest to the handle. That bubble placed the connection hole in the right place. then after it was attached and bridged w/clear rod from the future carb hole to the 9.5mm clear handle, i get it hot flatten two sides of that Brown bubble and super heat/work the Bend.

Hope that makes sense. a.k.a. Usually the can is the same diamiter all the way down. Pop connection hole low next to the handle.

The stem usually gets a small thick bubble on the bottom to connect to. If its a lay back stem, hole gets poped at a 45* down low almost the bottom. If the stem runs paralell to the can, hole on the side of the stem bubble. Adjust acordingly.

Be aware not to bunch up too much glass in the armpit / inside bend connection. I like to push, then pull the seal away when it first connects( pull out that armpit a little.) After the bridge, you can fix anything on a sherlock bend no matter how bad a connection looks. As long as Air flows through it, and the two lips sealed clean.
    Last edited by BORO; 08-29-2020 at 07:55 AM.