The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Habatat Counter Culture Glass Show

Default Habatat Counter Culture Glass Show

It has been all over Instagram but I am not sure if anyone here is aware of it yet. Habatat Galleries in West Palm Beach, FL is hosting a functional glass art show called "Counter Culture Glass". It will be juried. 30 pieces will be selected from submissions for the show. Deadline is Aug. 22. Show will open Nov. 7 and run three weeks.

A little history: Habatat Florida was established in 1971 and has represented the finest artists of the studio glass movement for more than 40 years. They are widely regarded as one of the top five art glass galleries in the US. I have been doing business with them for more than 20 years so am very familiar with the place. Suffice to say, for a gallery of this type to host a glass pipe show is a remarkable step forward. History in the making. Never heard of Habatat? visit habatatgalleries.com and check out the work on display there.

The jury will be the two owners, Jay and Lindsey Scott, myself, gallery artist Shaina Laib, and none other than Banjo! Objects will be juried, not artists, so that means collabs are welcome. (I strongly suggest keeping collabs to two people due to the difficulties involved with retail consignment.) Each artist may submit up to two pieces and up to six photos of each piece. I can tell you that the preference for this show will be for sculptural art objects that are pipes the wilder and more original the better. Again, deadline is Aug. 22 so you have plenty of time.

The word is out and excitement is building fast. We expect to receive hundreds of entries and only 30 pieces will be accepted. The cut will be steep. Submit your best work and best photos! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact Habatat Gallery or you can email me. rm@mickelsenstudios.com

http://habatatgalleries.com/
    Robert Mickelsen
    robertmickelsen.com

Default Re: Habatat Counter Culture Glass Show

Saw this and it's quite the opportunity. Thank you for your part in bridging the gap. Not sure it will be possible but it I think it would be awesome to see everyone's submissions compiled beyond the 30 that make it.

There is going to be a lot of leveling up all around.