The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New SIte to Sell your Glass!

Default New SIte to Sell your Glass!

We have just opened a brand new site just for glassblowers to sell bongs, pipes and accessories! Dont be stuck with glass anymore, sell it on bongazon! Unlike other marketplaces we want you to post your glass art! Dont be stuck with cancelled listing anymore, join bongazon.

Join Bongazon and get a FREE Storefront, unlimited product listing and even your own coupon system! All for one low fee of 10% per sale, and the transaction and paypal fees are included! Join today and take advantage of our incredible brand new service.

Bongazon

Because we are brand new, literally, we are giving the first 5 glassblowers to list on our site an article in our glassblowers spotlight featuring their work and their journey behind the torch.

Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    Last edited by JScarfone; 07-04-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: New SIte to Sell your Glass!

I like the layout a lot, but I do have to say that most of us sell water pipes...not bongs for legal reasons...and for that reason alone I think I will have to pass until things are up and going full bore and I'm not one of the firsts and get popped cuz of selling a piece under an "illegal" name. Operation Pipe Dreams scared a lot of the people who went through it, so sorry to say but I doubt I'm alone on this one... Otherwise I truly do like the layout/idea!!

We are glad you like the site and the idea behind it. I understand your hesitation. Operation pipe dreams was truly bogus, but it was also 11 years ago and before half of the country embraced MMJ prohibition reform, so we figured with the way things are headed it was about time someone created a site like this. But please do check back with us, it won't be long before the site is flooded with glass.

seems like a sketch name to me as well. Best of luck. Just because time has passed does not mean laws are different
    kik LTD.lukethedrifter
    tcbbyltd@gmail.com
    IG tcbbyltd_lukethedrifter
    Standard TCB $300
    Add by pass $340
    Add stage $590
    add stage with bypass $630

I dont even see any glass on the site yet? Not the best name but i get what your going for amazon for "bongs"... not the best lingo if you are tryin to be legit about this, no one calls them bongs anymore unless you are getting them from alibabA. Im sure you dumped money in for site and logo design but I think you should change your approach drastically if you want support from actual glass artists. Have you ever seen bombdiggity.com? People here actually sell to their artist owned online store
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Thats honestly not true, 90% of online shops call them bongs still, simply for the fact of SEO, because thats what people are searching on google. Look at aqualabs, the largest online glass shop, Right in their heading "Bongs". Plus they sell hash bags and other mmj supplies. And they have the top names blowers on their site! Glassblowers and shops call them water pipes instead of bongs to show the fact that they are created for tobacco use, so they are not considered paraphernalia. BUT 95% of all glassblowers create concentrate rigs...... Which are in no way shape or form for tobacco use, nor would you be able to prove so! So going by water pipe at this point in the industry is useless, to be honest.

Plus there is no category for bongs on my site, they are actually listed as water pipes. I do see where your coming from, and you are right people will be hesitant at first. And yes we have no glass because we literally just opened!

where did you get this idea? do you sell/make glass at all? what is your relationship to the industry? and 10% seems a lil high if you ask me, and thats only the grand opening promotion? what is it after you get on your feet? tell you what, looks like you need some glass on your glass site, or its just a site. i will sell you some glass, and ill knock 10% of my wholesale price just for your first order. you can make a profile or i can to sell it under, and we will see how good this site works

We honestly came up with the idea when thinking of purchasing glass to expand our other company The Dab Shack. We only sell vapes at the moment. So I began searching the net and just seeing tons and tons of forum posts of people asking where to sell glass and if its legal in theirs states and whatnot. Only finding wholesale for really chinese glass. I noticed then how suppressed the glass industry really is and how nobody can really find the really good artists unless you are on a forum like this or facebook/instagram, and even then there are so many artists across the US, you cant find 1 spot to view a huge selection.

So we thought to create a place where all the glass artists from around the world can showcase and sell their glass in a secure environment. People honestly only buy these pieces through facebook and instagram because they can get them cheaper than in the shops or they are under-aged(which is bad news), and this is because the artist is selling the piece themselves without a crazy markup and not on an actual site.

As for the 10% is this really that outrageous? the paypal fees are included as well. If you could actually sell on ebay etsy or amazon you would pay 10-15% plus paypal fees or amazon $0.99 listing fee. The promotion is just the 10% fee when we get on our feet depending on how big the site is and what kind of events we are getting into how much advertising are doing etc. we might lower or have to slightly raise the percentage or it might stick at 10. It just depends on what the future holds. Listings are always free, the storefront is always free. And if your glass doesn't sell, you can just leave it up or take it down at no cost.

As for your wholesale, we would love to take a look at what you got up for grabs and what prices you are doing. We actually need dabbers, nails and dishes for The Dab Shack as well if you have any floating around.

cops?

Haha, no not cops.

Quote Originally Posted by JScarfone View Post
    We honestly came up with the idea when thinking of purchasing glass to expand our other company The Dab Shack. We only sell vapes at the moment. So I began searching the net and just seeing tons and tons of forum posts of people asking where to sell glass and if its legal in theirs states and whatnot. Only finding wholesale for really chinese glass. I noticed then how suppressed the glass industry really is and how nobody can really find the really good artists unless you are on a forum like this or facebook/instagram, and even then there are so many artists across the US, you cant find 1 spot to view a huge selection.

So we thought to create a place where all the glass artists from around the world can showcase and sell their glass in a secure environment. People honestly only buy these pieces through facebook and instagram because they can get them cheaper than in the shops or they are under-aged(which is bad news), and this is because the artist is selling the piece themselves without a crazy markup and not on an actual site.

As for the 10% is this really that outrageous? the paypal fees are included as well. If you could actually sell on ebay etsy or amazon you would pay 10-15% plus paypal fees or amazon $0.99 listing fee. The promotion is just the 10% fee when we get on our feet depending on how big the site is and what kind of events we are getting into how much advertising are doing etc. we might lower or have to slightly raise the percentage or it might stick at 10. It just depends on what the future holds. Listings are always free, the storefront is always free. And if your glass doesn't sell, you can just leave it up or take it down at no cost.

As for your wholesale, we would love to take a look at what you got up for grabs and what prices you are doing. We actually need dabbers, nails and dishes for The Dab Shack as well if you have any floating around.
    Wait,so you're processing all the sales on a website called "bongazon" through paypal? I dont know man,people get their money/account frozen on paypal just for having the word "pipe" somewhere in the description of their sale. Can't imagine paypal is gonna let that fly.

Bongazon is just a DBA, all payments are processed through S&S Global, LLC. Vendors will get their payments through paypal masspay. The description will read "disbursement from S&S Global". We are protecting our vendors from this situation.

Yeah there is no way PayPal will support your site...sorry just ain't going to happen...especially if out right supporting MJ. They are already closing artists accounts and preventing them from using it/accessing their money because they sell "water pipes" and "pipes" in general due to being even "able" to be used with cannabis. They might allow it for awhile but once they eventually see the MJ/Bong connection they will stop allowing your site to use PayPal and perhaps even lock up any artists' accounts that use it.

Are you people blind?!? This could be the very revolution we have all awaited.

No, No, No, well yes but no. These comments are great and are needed to build a perfect community, its like a focus group but with the perfect attendees. KLAW you honestly make a fantastic point. We have already been approved for mass pay through S&S Global which as long as the artists accounts are clean there shouldn't be a problem, but there might be a big problem with taking payments. We do have another gateway that we use that does not care, they actually have a division for high risk clients, us. I might have to activate it on the site and only use that. They already process our payments for thedabshack.

By the way thanks Riley, Im glad you see the potential.

Its a great idea,no doubt, but you got yourself quite a few problems.

First off,inventory,you got none. With a 10% stake you're not going to attract any actual big name artists who sell on sites like aqualabs or BWG. So basically,that leaves us and locals, and as you can see no one wants to be the guinea pig and get nailed by paypal.

So either you have to majorly sweeten the pot to the point where its still worthwhile for the artist even if his account got shut out the second week.
    Or have some kind of money back guarentee to artists,kind of like what the government has with banks. So if you(or the artist) got shut down you would pay them all the money they are owed out of pocket.Of course this requires you to have very deep pockets but hell look at what you're trying to do,you better have deep pockets.

But the main thing with all this is that you dont already have a community surrounding you.Add in the fact that paypal probably isnt going to allow this for very long and anyone would be better off creating their own website with a high risk account to process payments because at least you have full control and less a chance of getting boned.

A fellow forum member ApixDesign runs his own website and sells all kinds of custom pieces using a high risk account. Hes still kicking a year later and is very popular with the reddit scene. Might want to hit him up and see who he uses,could be a better option than paypal.

We have a high risk gateway in place that we have used for some time now to process sales, that honestly is not a problem, we just will not be able to use paypal for sales as we see now, the descriptions of the sales are what gets you guys they would get us too and then most likely the masspayment account. Masspayments on our site are done by S&S Global, LLC our shell corp. Vendors do not pay fee's for masspayments we do, they are sent to any email address used literally, and if no paypal is found at that email you can make one on the spot to accept the payment and the account is automatically verified at that point, so unless the account is in shambles already vendors will never have a problem getting paid by S&S Global, LLC. The disbursements descriptions read whatever we want them to, as of now they will read disbursement by S&S Global and the amount. So paypal will never see why we are paying you or what for.

We did have the idea of offering paper checks by mail, but that wont be trusted at all until we are completely established for at least a year or 2.

And yes we do need some glass. One person on here offered to sell some at wholesale, but he never replied back with anything. We need dabbers, nails and more for our other site as well, The Dab Shack. We would love to purchase some at decent prices.

*To add to some safety as well, if in the case a vendors paypal account was frozen, we can reverse the masspayment and cut a paper check or issue a bank transfer depending on the amount. The vendor themselves also have the option of denying the disbursement straight from their email frozen account or not.
    Last edited by JScarfone; 07-05-2014 at 04:39 AM.

Thinking back on your post, with paypal freezing accounts for sale of paraphernalia , all pipe blowers should be out right giddy a site like ours is opening up. We are literally the work around to your predicament.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm vigorously cleaning all the bongs from last nights sesh as we speak. Time to finally cash in on this money train. And 10% is cheap, I'm surprised they don't want like 35% for going through all the hassle of building a website to sell bongs.

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Quote Originally Posted by JScarfone View Post
    Thinking back on your post, with paypal freezing accounts for sale of paraphernalia , all pipe blowers should be out right giddy a site like ours is opening up. We are literally the work around to your predicament.
    Thinking back on this entire thread, the preceding decade and a half of this industry and some good ole American common sense, all pipe makers should be cautious of a situation like this. Especially because you're essentially unknown to a lot of us here. If you successfully sell your own work on this site for a while without issues then maybe it will appear to be a more approachable endeavor. The name turns me off. Calling it bongazon is immature in my opinion. Yes, the medicinal movement and legalization movement are certainly changing the landscape of the industry, but the dab movement is hurting the image of the counterculture and lingo such as this promotes the same misunderstanding and shows the same type of impudent attitude towards the balance that is trying to be struck by the two sides of this debate. Good luck with the site. If you establish a track record of success and build a network of connected glass artists that can attest to the validity of your proposed product, then I'm sure you'll garner more interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me