The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New SIte to Sell your Glass!

Default Re: New SIte to Sell your Glass!

Fuck it. I'll try it.
    My name is fake and there isn't any way to track me through it. Also I am medical card holder that creates glass art for religious beliefs.
    If they wanna look for D.B. kooper in flint michigan. Feel free.

I signed up. But couldn't figure out how to post and my profile pic is turned sideways.

http://www.bongazon.com/vendor/bulletproof-glass/

"Never open your mouth, unless you're in the dentist chair."
    -Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano

Bulletproof Glassworks LLC
    http://bulletproofboro.bigcartel.com
    BulletproofGlassworks@Gmail.com
    www.instagram.com/BulletproofGlassworks
    #BulletproofGlassworks @BulletproofGlassworks

Borozon would be a much better name though.
    Bongazon sounds like a china website.

+1 for Borozon
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

My subtle sarcasm was lost. This idea isn't new and it may take hold eventually but I have a tough time believing this is it. The name is for sure cheese. Also the idea of giving money to people who other than selling vaporizers online, appear to have no connection to glassblowing is a turn off. Coming here to try and find connections on superfluous items like dabbers, domes and the likes, do you even trade show bro ? Answer might even be yes, but a lower overhead business model where you just run a website and payments was probably more appealing than building a rapport with artists and companies by proving your ability to buy and sell their glass effectively. (Which is actually the preferred middle man, if you are going to have one. You know, one who makes money off you but handles the actual liability and customer interaction, ships the glass etc.)

Established artists, and companies are already running through reputable and proven networks. So it's going to take more than a website and an introductory rate of 10%, to entice anything that will attract masses of talent or customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    My subtle sarcasm was lost.
    I was hoping this^ was really the case Riley!

And Bullet... Huevos Grande My Friend!!! Good Luck, Hope All Works Out!!!

DB, You can post products from the admin dashboard. When you get to the dashboard there is an add products tab to the left of the screen. If you need additional help, please take a look at our tutorial videos and FAQ's. You can also go into media on the same sidebar and alter images you upload. Flip, rotate, crop and resize.

Riley, a company buying and selling your products straight out is not a middle-man, its wholesaling. And just like all wholesale you, the artist, are taking a 50% cut in profit. No rapport needed as long as the money is there. Established artist are well, established. There is no need for a site like this, but what about the other 50,000+ pipe makers in the US alone, that are just getting started or haven't been recognized? Plus these studios and known artist have licenses and pay taxes, which is why companies are more apt to purchase from them. Real business, real site, legal. Why do you think this chinese glass is in every headshop and gas station in America?, because there are actually legitimate wholesalers available to purchase from all over the net. We could go with that route but it defeats the purpose of the site.
    Last edited by JScarfone; 07-05-2014 at 06:40 PM.

I'm often wrong and I'm welcome to it. Keeps life interesting. I think on ventures like these it's important to be involved on many levels of the production, buying, and selling. I wish you luck but I reserve my opinion that it won't be easy and there is a chance it won't take off. Sites like boromarket have already had there surge and decline. With sites like big cartel it's never been easier to handle your own sales. I agree it's a good way for the lesser known to accomplish sales.

There's money in anything and I'm no measure of what success is. Keep pushing for it, and take the insight of the people you seek to vet in mind.

Borozon would change alot of ppls minds about it im sure. X2 on Borozon.
    Last edited by piedpiper608; 07-06-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Sketch

If the cops show up I'll let ya know.

I don't think cops will be their problem. I think Amazon's lawyers will, once they see their site name combined with the fact they've really tried to duplicate their trade dress in the black and orange logo, have them ceased & desisted into oblivion.

edit: changed 'your' to 'their'
    Last edited by loydb; 07-07-2014 at 05:35 AM.

You talkin to me?

Pretty sure he is talking to the bongazon dude. There logo is made to look like amazon's.
    on a side note a $5000 investment in amazon when they started would be worth $1mil today

I assumed that he was, but he starts with commenting about my post, then in the same paragraph, next sentence, spouts about legal issues. Like I'm affiliated with this site. I just wanted to make it clear I have nothing to do with the site.

+1 for name change to borozon. Also just curious as to peoples concerns about selling on this site, is it specifically the name that makes you worried about associations or why would this site be more sketchy than say etsy or artfire to use (should the people running it prove to have their shit together)?

My personal concerns (these are just my own of course) are the name and logo for starters. I think that is just a bad idea all around. I mean, aside from the legal issues...couldn't someone come up with something better than a one off of a well known company? That sort of thing always ends abruptly. (Does anyone remember C-bay? lol....)

My other concerns are the obvious ones. I would imagine that someone taking the time to create a big marketplace like this would be someone already known to the industry (Granted, this person could be anyone, even just someone with capital who sees an opportunity) But in any case, I'm curious who it is that wants to take this kind of risk to create a marketplace. Then of course, there are the local law concerns. Some people live in states where creating paraphernalia is a felony. Yes, we can always call it "water-pipe" "tobacco pipe" "incense burner", but the law is determined by what a reasonable person would assume. Most reasonable people would call a bong a bong, and we know already from experience that even if the blower is completely within the confines of the law, even that won't stop them from doing anything that they like to the blower, legal precedent or not. Given all of this, I would hope that this website discourages information that would make it easy to track a blower to any illegal activity according to local laws. Granted, many people have their name and face up on FB with their location, but Facebook is not in and of itself a direct retail outlet, who's sole purpose is to sell mostly pariph (and openly calling stuff bongs? That's just asking for trouble, and to not be taken seriously. The initial post here concerning this strikes me as not being something that someone familiar with the industry would have written). Which also reminds me, the fact that whoever was seriously considering this business venture (if that is actually the case..) plans to use Paypal, that is asking for trouble. We all know the dangers of that, and if a site like "bongazon" were successful, you would see a LOT of capital tied up in paypal accounts at any given time. If Paypal suddenly got a report from someone about this website (because the person says it doesn't show as "Bongazon" in the transaction, all accounts would be locked and frozen, funds lost. Who knows where the chips would fall at that given time?

I think this thread is going to have more views and activity then a site called "Bongazon" honestly. I'm suprised people actually commented even.

my first inclination when I saw it was to ban it based on advertising and stuff...I didn't realize it was a legit post. Now that i realize it is, I'm awfully skeptical, but they're welcome to all the constructive criticism they'd like.

pipeazon, borozo, or something completely different would be a better name. Keeping artist and transaction anonymous should be the most important. We don't make aliases for shits and giggles this is real and truly is degenerate art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art

Paypal is a no go, look into bitcoin payment methods.

https://bips.me/

The name of the site is openly inviting most of us to break the law no dice. If you only sold your inventory it would be different cuz its all on you but if your going to run an open marketplace you need to protect your sellers. In my area drug paraphernalia carries a fine of $500 per piece and that includes the word bong. Tobacco pipes are the only thing most people will deal with including myself.

Sorry Dan, that read like I was talking to you, and I wasn't. Fixed.