The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: unlimited oxygen is bad m'kay

Default unlimited oxygen is bad m'kay

I ordered 5 m-20,s from unlimited oxygen almost 2 years ago now. I have received 3 and 1 of those 3 does not produce oxygen. I have contacted and talked to them many times. Only to be told that they are done and on the way every time. I even sent shipping labels using my UPS account, as they kept telling me that they could not afford to ship them, even though they said that they would pay for shipping. I talked to them again last week and was assured that they are sending them out. I got nothing, the shipping labels have not been used, so nothing is on its way and now there phone is disconnected. There website is still up, but has no contact info.

Jack has obviously been running unlimited oxygen like a ponzi scheme for the last two years (or more) . I paid for my products so he could take that money and build the machines and then sell them to someone else.

Now I am out $2000.00 for 2 oxygen generators that do me no good as I need 5 of them to run my system

His site is still up , stay far away.

Default Re: unlimited oxygen is bad m'kay

So amazingly the other two m-20's showed up today just as I had given up hope. So now I just have the problem of the broken one.

Still , this was the most frustrating purchase I have ever made in my life. I was willing to wait up to 4 months as was stated I might have to at time of purchase. but a year and a half is ridiculous and in all that time I was wasting more money on liquid tanks, when I had already invested my money in a solution to expensive oxygen bills. so every month extra it took to get them cost me about another 600. that comes to 8400 dollars I paid extra waiting for them.

You cant do business like that. when i have had a costumer waiting for just an extra couple weeks I start getting stressed out about it.

i heard he was out of business, no website anymore (closed), no working phone numbers.....and also rumor has it he now has legal issues, although whether these legal issues are related to his business practices is anybody's guess.

i dealt with Jack twice, and had great luck both times. hell...one of the machines was free....he just wanted a blower to use it and review it, which i did. so while I have had good luck with UO2, sooooo many people have gotten fucked. sorry to hear of your troubles, and i hope you get your inop machine working
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Count yourself lucky that you have 4 of 5 actually there and working.

I had a really tough time getting my m-20 from Unlimited. After a half year of waiting, I called and was told to wait. Two months later I called again, and was told to wait. At this point in the conversation, I got personal with my anger. I was sent a unit promptly, free shipping. I still feel a little bad, about taking it to such a base level, over the phone.

I thought about giving Unlimited more business recently. I think after reading about the continuing problems with the company, I will buy from a more professional manufacturer.

Yeah, kind of scarey how many posts there are in all of the lampworking forums about them not coming through for people. Too many for me to risk such a large purchase. A shame really. It looks like such a great product.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

The M-20 I have works great.

I bet man, hey look awesome, everything leading up to using them sounds frightening. Espcially for a one man operation like me to drop that kind of cash. It would kill me if I became one of those stories.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

It seems his old employee/ partner? startd his own company called available oxygen. there is a thread about it on lampworker etc.

SIMIAN, theres a couple companies on lampworketc.com that have amazing prices and great rep!

Not sure if I have said it or if its been said the unlimted machines dont put out the 90% plus that he claims. We have 3 of his machines and every single one of them alarms out on low o2 on the home fill.
    hashmasta-kut "i love my buttplug on a stick ass well."

I seem to be on a boat with a lot of passengers. I sent Ridgeway monies via paypal for an M15 in Feb of this year. Spoke to h today and warmed him that I have a file ready to take toy lawyer. He again promises it will be shipped within a week. I have a contact on Indiana state govt that I will also file with as well as any internet blog I can find if he does not follow thru and I informed him of that. I'll let everyone know if he makes good. Rip Off.com is a good site to make people aware of scammers

Any updates?
    Simian Glass on Facebook

PFordFerguson, I was in the same boat. I contacted PayPal and they refunded my money earlier this summer. That'd be cheaper than an attorney.
    Josh
    Confessed compulsive glassturbator

GTT Mirage, Homefill, top-loading/hand-roasting Paragon kiln

Vancouver Island originally from Pennsylvania

I was screwed by Jack. Anyone reading this thread, take it seriously and stay far far away from Jack and UO. If someone who had their shit together started an affordable o2 generator company and ran it legit, they could make a pretty good living for themselves.

Just got a machine from David at Available Oxygen. Fantastic buying experience.

^^ this. Available Oxygen rocks!
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Be careful with the ripoffreport.com . I have had people use it against me. I have not used it in like 10 years though. I am a lot more patient now.
    I got ripped off and a couple of people never paid me. So I used to use it. Now I am just annoying them with polite messages until they pay. Which seems to work better then my old route.

I had a hurricane years ago, was a nightmare then too. First it showed up not working. Returned it, got one back right away, then two weeks later that one died. Sent it back and didn't see a replacement for 3-4 months. The thing was loud as fuck and was weak as hell, couldn't even max out the lynx centerfire which is all I tried to use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Don't fuck up the 'honey hole'

Facebook

I am also being scammed by Unlimited Oxygen (Jack Ridgeway). I have been trying to resolve this for a year now to no avail.