The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hellooooo everybody!

Default Hellooooo everybody!

I want to thank everyone so much for making this year the best AGI ever. The staff did a phenomenal job in making sure everything and everyone was taken care of, and I heard nothing but positive things from all of our guests; most of whom would like to return next year. Although our sponsor Glass Alchemy was unable to attend this year, we all owe them a huge thank you for the furnace and all of the glass in which everyone got to use to pull their own tubing.

I am truly grateful for being a part of so many lives and careers, and I appreciate all of my friends… old and new… for being a part of this one of a kind event. You get to meet fellow glass workers at every event, but here you really get to know people, and I’m very proud of that.

Next year will be the 15th anniversary of AGI, so stay tuned for updates as to what will be happening. In the meantime, we’re already selling tickets for next year, so you can call Elaine at (724) 791-2100 if you would like to attend; we don’t expect tickets to last very long.

FYI- You will be hearing from Josh Mazet more than me, as I am stepping down. I will now be able to join my friends and attend the event each year on a level that has never been possible!

Much love and respect,

Tom Doner

P.S. - My apologies for not being able to say goodbye to most of you, but Friday night I must have gotten the flu, and I’ve been sick for almost a week.

Default Re: Hellooooo everybody!

It was an incredible AGI this year. I learned a lot and enjoyed making new friends. Thank you Tom and Elaine for being awesome hosts. I have my deposit down for next year. I really appreciate GA and Wale for donating the supplies for the tube pulls. Also big thanks to the guys who got the crucible up and running and coached all of us first timers with tube pulls. Thanks to all of the people behind the scenes making this go smoothly. The food was amazing and the new kitchen area was a big improvement. Thanks to all of the demoers for sharing their knowledge. This is a hands on experience like no other.

Julie

PS - I hope you feel better Tom!

Default Re: Hellooooo everybody!

^ COuldn't have said it better... I think im still full.. thanks again