The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CANADIANS! How do I order from Nortel Glass. Is Jean a robot?

Sad CANADIANS! How do I order from Nortel Glass. Is Jean a robot?

Seriously I made an order for 38mm opaque white tubing July 11 and I doubt the glass is even ordered yet. She just replies about being busy and doesnt even answer questions. Im always nice to her but im getting really pissed off. She usually doesnt even reply to emails which is brutal when I could order small amounts from retail outlets or america. But to not even let me know when I might get my bulk is just fighting my ability to make money with glass. Where is the best place for Canadians to get bulk glass at decent prices?

What is the secret melters?

Default Re: CANADIANS! How do I order from Nortel Glass. Is Jean a robot?

i think jean is a little more old school and is more prone to communicating via telephone....im not 100% on that, just the vibe i get from her.

not convenient for everyone, i know, but its really what the world needs, more people to to stop and take the time to communicate to each other, and ive found that a nice telephone greeting can go a long way!!!

as for other ordering options there is Westone (puff) that has a pretty decent selection of stuff thats on the west coast, but we dont have any choices that offer an online shopping cart or anything along those lines.

Bulk clear = Pegasus glass in Cambridge Ontario
    Bulk colour = wait for sales at Mountain glass or ABR imagery (like the ones going on right now).

Jean is awesome but terrible with the emails... You need to call her if you want something.

They are terrible for customer service, I ordered from them once and will never do it again, the order came when expected but I got one wrong tool and they left out a graphite pad (still charged me for it) I called a few times to get it sorted out but I got the run around, one time some guy picks up the phone and I start trying to get some answers and he just shuts me down with some serious attitude, all pissed off because he "isn't the guy who deals with customers" and "isn't even supposed to be in today" so im just thinking "well why the hell would you answer the phone then?" eventually they made it right but after that I will never order from them again. My shop mate used to order from them fairly often even though it seemed like they routinely had some kind of mistake with his order, and then recently he made a really big order (torch and tools for a new glassblower and some stuff for himself) he didn't get anything for over a couple months (they said it would be shipped right away) and I walked in on him while he was on the phone with them many times, each time he seemed a little more frustrated, until the last time when he was flipping out at them, he got his order soon after that. If you can order bulk do Pegasus and Mountain glass, I get most of my stuff from Puff, order by phone and ask for Garret, he is the most knowledgeable about the tools and material.

Have you tried Artistry in Glass? They are in London, Ont. I'm in no position to talk about bulk, but the communication has been solid and orders ship without too much lag.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBurnGlass View Post
    They are terrible for customer service, I ordered from them once and will never do it again, the order came when expected but I got one wrong tool and they left out a graphite pad (still charged me for it) I called a few times to get it sorted out but I got the run around, one time some guy picks up the phone and I start trying to get some answers and he just shuts me down with some serious attitude, all pissed off because he "isn't the guy who deals with customers" and "isn't even supposed to be in today" so im just thinking "well why the hell would you answer the phone then?" eventually they made it right but after that I will never order from them again. My shop mate used to order from them fairly often even though it seemed like they routinely had some kind of mistake with his order, and then recently he made a really big order (torch and tools for a new glassblower and some stuff for himself) he didn't get anything for over a couple months (they said it would be shipped right away) and I walked in on him while he was on the phone with them many times, each time he seemed a little more frustrated, until the last time when he was flipping out at them, he got his order soon after that. If you can order bulk do Pegasus and Mountain
    glass, I get most of my stuff from Puff, order by phone and ask for Garret, he is the most knowledgeable about the tools and material.
    Maybe we Really do need to discuss the REAL situation of Canadian Glass supplies though, because i would have to say that Puff has there fair share of shortcomings as well, atleast for me.....my understanding of Puff was always that they were only doing it really to help the people they buy finished glass from which is awesome and I commend them for that but the truth is we need a place with online ordering capability, with updated and current stock including a price list especially for colour and well everything...hopefully one day soon

its been four months and I dont have glass from Nortel. They have my payment info. I phone them once a week. (always nice). But Jean just flat out forgets about me.

Not only do the employees not know what stock they have, when you receive pdfs of their stock its just bullshit. So you have to order and then you just get what they have. My current order was mostly 38mm opaque white tubing. And I was told I wont be receiving it. (they had 4 bloody months to order it!!!)

I have used artistryinglass but only when I was first into glass. They said in a round about way to not order from them again :shrug: because I was difficult. Though in my defense I was just confused about my first glass order. Maybe when I get my order from nortel in 8 months Ill give artistryinglass a call again.

ya i have a really hard time ordering from Puff too. I only want Simax and mentioned that when i bought 5 boxes of glass, it has to be Simax, and they send Schott

happened twice, so i would rather order from pegasus if i have to. And Andrighettis only gives me a receipt if i show up in person. About three times i bought glass and they never send a receipt, even when i asked for one one time afterwords. She is a nice person, i am not sure why i get no bill of sale when bought over the phone.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Wow. I'm sorry you guys have to deal with so much bs up there. One of you should open a quality store up there and fix this!
    ~Misha