The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTT compressed air option feedback??

Default GTT compressed air option feedback??

I know that they have sent out quite a few units with the compressed air option, anyone here had a chance to try it out yet?? likes? dislikes?

Default Re: GTT compressed air option feedback??

just haD some kid askin me bout that on facebook yesterday,, hes all yo ever run compressed air in your propane,, im like uhhh only on the maya,, he said whats a maya,,, i saID GOOGLE and havnt read the other 6 msgs he sent me

I tried one at agi13 that bates and worm made, which is where W&W got the design. I am so excited about this I can't even tell you. It turned the torch into a gtt and herbie at once without all the carbon funk buildup the herbie leaves on your desk! I'm stacking pennies so I can get one some day.
    ~Misha

and what is the advantage,, if it better for unencased cad color i might be in.. hate how long it takes to work without bubblin

The first difference I felt was the push/force against the glass. Working big hallow forms on a gtt can be hard compared to a herbie because of the force behind the gtt. When you work a goblet top on a mirage, then work a similar one on a herbie, you're going to want the herbie. It's a softer, less forceful flame.

And yes ,it definitely improves the way any colors work and reduces the chance they will boil.

This device fine tunes the flame and allows you to dial in ANY flame you want. Herbie style, or gtt. Your range of flame choices increases exponentially., like you literally have two torches in one.
    ~Misha

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    The first difference I felt was the push/force against the glass. Working big hallow forms on a gtt can be hard compared to a herbie because of the force behind the gtt. When you work a goblet top on a mirage, then work a similar one on a herbie, you're going to want the herbie. It's a softer, less forceful flame.

And yes ,it definitely improves the way any colors work and reduces the chance they will boil.

This device fine tunes the flame and allows you to dial in ANY flame you want. Herbie style, or gtt. Your range of flame choices increases exponentially., like you literally have two torches in one.
    After working on a premix for some time, I'd say it's more like a million torches in one.

Well what I mean it it combines the best two torches money can buy into one. And definitely blows all the other stuff out of the water.
    ~Misha

I saw Bates at the 2013 DFO with it working, he raved about it being awesome, and actually mentioned the modification might be for sale as a bolt on, but i didnt feel techy enough to do it, although he said it was really easy i think.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

I already attempted to buy it. They said its gonna be awhile.
    Melting wax one candle at a time

I'm pretty sure that option is void now, as they sold the design to gtt. You'll have to get what they offer. I could be wrong
    ~Misha

well you can always add a Y valve and a needle valve, with compressed air and a check valve to the fuel line and try it out before you buy the professional mod. It should be exactly the same.

Last edited by LooseSeal Baller; 10-30-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: dont listen to me i can't even spell good.lol

http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...advanced+torch

not a review of the actual product..... should be similar/same flames.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    I tried one at agi13 that bates and worm made, which is where W&W got the design. I am so excited about this I can't even tell you. It turned the torch into a gtt and herbie at once without all the carbon funk buildup the herbie leaves on your desk! I'm stacking pennies so I can get one some day.
    I never get carbon build up when I run air on my herbie. It eliminates 99% of the carbon build up. I don't like running my torch without it cause it limits my flame characteristics drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry-Allen View Post
    well you can always add a Y valve and a needle valve, with compressed air and a check valve to the fuel line and try it out before you buy the professional mod. It should be exactly the same.

If it realy is that simple it could be a very cheap modification. I know its not rocket science, I worked in machine shops most of my adult life and seen some crazy stuff.

I want to try my hand at building my own torch from scratch. I have a lathe and a mill and plenty of tools.

May make a crappy one but could keep on reworking it till it fires like crazy.

by all means if you have a lathe and a mill or a cnc and can silver solder make a torch. it is definitely not rocket science.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415035996.886040.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	67988 woke up to this today, guess I will have a review in a couple weeks!!...