The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Flower power!

Default Re: Flower power!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsea View Post
    Perhaps it’s due to the clear glass that you are applying the stringer to not being hot enough when you lay the stringer on it.
    Hmmm. Interesting. I usually lay it colder.. I'm actually laying these while warmer because the gold fume causes the stringer to curl and not stick to the glass. Once laid, they really dont seem any different, but this is something I havent tried correcting so I'll do that on the next one thanks!

Nah, nah. See, I meant to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsafo View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. I usually lay it colder.. I'm actually laying these while warmer because the gold fume causes the stringer to curl and not stick to the glass. Once laid, they really dont seem any different, but this is something I havent tried correcting so I'll do that on the next one thanks!

Clear curling in, or down if you will, gathering at the end of your stringer...do you layer inclear ...like around the stringer...could be that? It has to be clear, imo.

Nip the end of the stringer.

Based on the quality of those I really shouldn't be trying to give advice, much better than my flowers.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'

Not super hot, I lay them fairly cool too, I was just wondering if due to temp, perhaps the stringer was not imbedded Into the clear and was lifting up at a small point in the center of the petal line causing the hollow part. It’s just wondering outloud; I don’t have the actual solution/reason.