The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got some of Dammond Taylors new Soild State Frit

Default Re: Just got some of Dammond Taylors new Soild State Frit

Wow. Who has a pound of atomic kumquat? The TMP auction for two rods went for $75!

I don't like this part about him getting on Amber for encasing ruby. How could that be patented?
    ~Misha

Meh. This dude talked circles around the subject to the point that I got dizzy. He did say he had patented it, but couldn't produce the evidence. In his defense, this was on Facebook... where people seem to like to talk with their balls and you don't get much chance of redemption once the dog pile starts. At this point, all I really want to know is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrassGlass View Post
    Are those marbles perched on a grilled steak?
    Last edited by yinzer; 12-28-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    Wow. Who has a pound of atomic kumquat? The TMP auction for two rods went for $75!

I don't like this part about him getting on Amber for encasing ruby. How could that be patented?
    As for the encasement, they guy was just being a douche. He would not explain why he felt the need to be a dick to Amber. One of the 1000 questions he sidestepped the answer to.

One of the guys that bought a pound in the last drop traded him. I think he has inflated his pricing so that when he is selling at $15 a gram everyone thinks they are getting a smokin deal. I think his product is essentially the same some some other less expensive stuff on the market he is just trying to creat some air of mystique about it so people will buy it. I guess if you like the look air and internal checking and the potential for the piece to break at some point then his stuff is definitely for you. He made it sound like the UV properties of the ruby were some unique phenomena and Amber basically said she uses ruby corundum and it is UV ractive and significantly cheaper. I am paraphrasing of course but that is the gist. Corundum is $5 a gram.

Funny, not one person took the bait when I offered to trde an ounce of that shit for 4 ounces of weed. I think they all figure the weed works even if it is bad weed.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you know the Way broadly you will see it in all things. -Musashi

Q: Prove God doesn't exist.
    A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

Oh yeah, he did mention that the stoner glassblowers are too hung up on the COE which doesn't mean much.

See, he knows what eh is talking about. Right guys?!
    Simian Glass on Facebook

A: That's a tough one. Show me how it's done by proving Zeus and Apollo don't exist, and I'll use your method. ~unknown

I'm glad to see this thread here. I wasn't 100% sure what this stuff was, but I saw how it all went down on FB. I only heard bad things about him. At the very least, I'd exercise caution. It kind of seems like he just found something that he could make into a product and sell, knowing that most people wouldn't realize that they can produce it for a cheaper price. A little buzz drummed up can inflate a price pretty far. That would also explain why he got so mad at Amber for blowing the lid off of it. Money is nice, but that's still kind of a douche-baggy thing to do, if it were the case.

Well he was also makign it sound like you could pull that stuff into rod which is absolutely not the case. You have to mix it into clear and pull lump stringer with it. And if you ahve ever worked with glow powder you know what a pain in the ass that stuff can be (but it works) and this stuff looks like gravel.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

I traded him some old stock electric flamingo for some ssf. A week later he started "producing" his own uv glass and auctioning it on facebook. Definitely seems sketchy.

But that is the thing...he is not selling glass. I thought he was too and he is just compressing his finely ground gravel into bars. Since he grinds all that shit it seems to scuzz up like when you try to encase a saw cut milli. All the surfaces are pitted because of his process I imagine...that is the only reason I can figure why every piece (even the ones that liik "nice") look scuzzy.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

So I don't know if there the same or anything of that nature.... here's my story.... So i've been playing around with cubic zirconium and i crushed a couple of clear ones and encased it seemed to work on the dust all the way up to the size of 3 grains of sand anything bigger and it checks or out gasses to much... now I tried crushing a ruby cz and happen to notice it looks a lot like the ruby ssf so i thought no way and put it under a black light and it glows the same color and everything... so tonight i'm gonna make a side by side experiment.. and then i'll takes some pics.
    www.facebook.com/hglasswell or www.hglasswell.com

*Unconfirmed*

I believe I saw a FB post yesterday claiming that Dammond was refusing to honor his 'like it or send back what was left for a refund'. I can't confirm this, because I can't find the original post. I will look some more later.

i saw the OP that Mike is talking about on FB. yes Dammond told several people that he would refund any unused portion if you don't like the "frit". then someone (i honestly dont recall who) tried to return, and D changed his story to say "no refunds but i'll help you learn how to use it so that you like it". that' not word for word, but pretty close.

then the buyer who was asking for a refund showed a screen shot of D saying he would honor returns. he then did some amazing backpedaling/stammering. but he agreed to honor the agreement.

huge drama over this SSF stuff.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So Iím trying to not embarrass myself.

In my humble opion the guy is a scammer. All his behavior is scammerous in nature.

also, lab grown corundum (there is a couple methods to grow it, i don't know which he uses) is the "ruby ssf". the other colors are supposedly something else, but my guess is different color corundum.

what i want to know, and what i'm going to try doing is buying some small lab corundum that have been faceted. ebay has this stuff cheap. if we can encase faceted corundum, that would look kickass.

With everything going down like it did, I don't not get a good vibe from the dude at all! Even after all this FB garbage he tried to hit me up in PM and Selling me some "Custom" UV colors..... even told me he needs half the money upfront before he'd produce, lol. This guy has become a Joke in the industry... If you can't support your product with a money back guarantee, don't offer it in the first place! Im sure people would have still bought his product without that stipulation but once he adds that in there he knew he would see and influx of customers who trust that they would be able to get a refund if they were not satisfied. That FB post was by one person who knew how to retaliate, how many has he done this to that didnt know they could fight back?

My main problem is him taking a product already existing and try to market it as something else instead of simply sharing knowledge. Snodgrass may be accredited to being the father fuming but we don't use "Snoddy's Magic color changing wire" to do so.... he shared how to do it with what was available to everyone already.

Regardless of whose on his side or against him, I will always stay away from this Shady dude... Nothing will change my mind about that! He reached out directly to me because I liked one of his pics, scammer all the way! I will keep the messages he sent me to always remember how shady he truly was!

my only personal experience with him went like this. he was going to sell me some silicon carbide (i think that's what it's called) chunks for like $25 + shipping. once we got talking, and once i was about to send paypal he then said that $100 is his minimum order. i never answered that. i just left it at that. fuck em.

I spent a while asking him legit questions from a very honest place. My bullshit detector went off repeatedly and he never got the needle to go back the other way. Glad to see my concerns don't seem to be unfounded.
    Simian Glass on Facebook

If you want to play around with this stuff, see http://www.syntheticgems.org/Rough%20Stone.asp and get your own.

I wonder if something like this would work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 9.31.40 AM.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	70515
    ~Kimberly
    oxygen concentrators and Momka's borosilicate glass
    Check out my YouTube Channel for videos of torches running on concentrators. I'm working on more, so stay tuned and keep checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    I spent a while asking him legit questions from a very honest place. My bullshit detector went off repeatedly and he never got the needle to go back the other way. Glad to see my concerns don't seem to be unfounded.
    Same here in PMs on Facebook. As soon as I asked about compatibility, the same song and dance came out. Never felt I was getting honesty about the product.

This stuff checks, turns different colors, appears hazed once used. The UV properties stay, but the color saturation sucks, encasement is the only possible application. It doesn't stick to a hot rod like normal frit. It's a whole lot of hype, I even took Dammond's specific instructions, made a video for him to show him it was fail. Wasted a tiny bit of kiwi doing it. This is nothing like opals, as opals are compatible.