The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Check valve on EX20?

Default Check valve on EX20?

Hey guys I have been using my Bravo with tanked oxy for the outer fire and my ex20 for my center fire. Beth recommends the torch run at 10 or 8 psi for oxy and my ex20 is putting out 20psi. I have really only noticed a difference in when I am fuming silver but when I lower my oxy on my center fire I get a nice flame but I would rather not put back pressure on my oxy con. I am not familiar with check valves but can I use one on my oxycon to lower the pressure for optimal psi for my torch? Any help or ideas are welcome and appreciated

Default Re: Check valve on EX20?

I thought about the same thing. I was thinking a T to a valve and a 10 psi pressure release.

Then anything over 10psi will blow off but you can still flip the valve and have full power.

Yea I think what you want is not a check valve but a pressure release.
    Last edited by snoopdog6502; 12-27-2014 at 10:12 AM.

backpressure isn't really an issue. when i was running my midrange off of 3 ex15's, (8lpm machines) i'd turn the lpm down to 6 on each (better purity) and during the times i was using the premix rider (which sips oxy) i never bothered to turn down the output on the oxycons. so long as there is some flow, you can have your oxycon set to 8lpm, only use 3lpm and it won't hurt anything.

when there is no flow (like a kinked hose or you took a safety break and didn't leave the oxy valve on torch cracked), that's when you'll run into some troubles eventually.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

im not worried about lpm I am worried about psi. if i turn the oxy down on my center fire there will be back pressure on the oxy con no? I read that was bad for the oxy con and i would like to extend it's life as well as i can. snoop i am not sure what the difference is between the two??

a check valve allows the flow of pressure only to go in one direction. the pressure release valve will release the flow when the pressure in the line exceeds the pressure the valve is designed to release at. they sell adjustable pressure release valves so you can fine tune to your needs. but your machine should have a 30 psi pressure release valve built in. contact the manufacturer to be sure.