The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: post-freezing pyro woes

Default Re: post-freezing pyro woes

I have never been to Steamboat Springs before. My parents tell me it gets a lot of snow. That it is steep in places but mellow. Because there getting really old. So it has the best slopes for them. I figure good for me because I am getting old and out of shape myself.

I have a picture here of what it looks like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steamboat_speings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	70561

I am totally going to shred this mountain. Maybe get to meet the legendary Billy the Kid also.

wow, that's beautiful country..

I will miss working with my mentor on drawing and painting in new York. As well as doing group and solo shows in NYC. But I will have to try to find a new drawing group when I get there. Maybe do some landscape paintings.

Man I miss snowboarding. Its been about 6 years since I've been able to hit some hills. Where in NY do you go boarding Nomad? I used to shred Holiday Valley, in Ellicoteville over on the eastern side of the state. I grew up outside buffalo NY in a little country town. I've lived in Indiana for the last many years, and with having a kid my priorities have shifted a little lol. I need to take a trip up to Michigan soon atleast. I'm living alot closer now so it would cut like 2 hrs off the drive time. Thats a nice flock? of turkeys you've got there too .

Hunter Mountain in the Catskill mountains of upstate New York.
    http://www.huntermtn.com

I used to live there but I got divorced from this local women and I had to leave town. It was all about child custody and it was horrable argument. So I traveled for years and lived in a couple of places. Then I became broke and had to move back home. It sucks but hey at least I can. I am excited about going to Colorado also. I don't have that many friends around here anymore. I will miss a few people though and NYC is so expensive I probably will never be back in New York again.

Hunter used to have a really nice half pipe and snowboard park. Now they just have some rails. The terrain is steep so it is still fun to cruise the mountain. I used to be a competitive pipe snowboarder. But I retired when I was about 25 or so. Then I road powder days for a wile... We used to have a lot of snowboarders that were my age but now everyone is having kids and shit like that so things have changed.

I rode for about 15 years straight, before I moved away from the hills. I've only been on my board twice in the last 10 years now. Its sad, all my gear just sits in the closet and gets old when it really only has like 2 seasons on it. I know I won't get out this year, I need to put as much time on the torch as I can and start paying some bills. Its been a slow start to the year with a bunch going on, but I told my wife thats gotta change I'm gonna be workin late! FYI I appreciate all the info you drop around here, and the vids you've made. Its great being able to see exactly what you have explained at times.

Yeah I still go out for Christmas every year. I guess not as many guys are going out anymore.
    The weather is wicked bad out now. It is all rain.
    I might miss next Christmas for the first time. I will see. My parents are going to Colorado next winter and renting if the house does not sell right away. So since I will probably not be going to Colorado. I will spend the holiday alone I think... for the first time maybe? Fuck it I can just work right through it. Then watch screwge on tv.

Off topic but my health insurance sucks. I have had to wait like 7 days for an approval of a prescription. I have the best doctors office but my insurance does not even cover that either. I have to do very frustrating things today.
    My prescription cost like $1000 month and they don't want to pay for it. I am on the smallest dosage there is.

Mount Snow!

Weather is 42 degrees and partly cloudy today on the western slope of Colorado. My shop is chilly but workable, don't even have a heater in the area yet. Just wearing long johns and a couple layers and I am pretty good. Have some Sorel boots good to -30 and those and wool socks help my feet stay nice and warm.

Classic pic right there! I would have been about 12 back then .

I was like 16 years old in that picture I believe. I might have been 15? I am not sure. I don't have that many pictures of myself snowboarding.

It is 15 degrees out this morning. All the slush from the wintery mix has frozen. Since we only get the driveway plowed when we get more then 3 inches of snow. The entire thing is frozen. I have to roll my oxygen tank across it somehow and load it into the truck. I am not sure exactly how I will do this yet. I am still getting up to do it.

and my Saab got a flat tire. I think I have to get new tires. But I am going to get a fix-a-flat and use that to fix it this time. The tires I have to buy are $800 a set of four. I want to buy the cheap imports for only $350 but my father will not let me. I am so bummed about this because I never drive. Plus the car is so old and has 230K miles on it. I am afraid it is not going to run that much longer.

Check out tires-easy.com some times they have really great prices on tires. If you have a sled maybe you could pull it across the icy mess. I don't think the standard rolling on the bottom edge would work very well on it.