The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTT Delta Elite with compressed air manifold.

Default GTT Delta Elite with compressed air manifold.

I have a delta elite air for sale. asking 2850 shipped, includes pp fees. only a few months old, runs like new. Took best pics i could of the face but my phone doesnt focus well up close. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207150836b.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	71586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0207150855.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	71587

Default Re: GTT Delta Elite with compressed air manifold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1130141132.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	410.8 KB 
ID:	71588

I came!

Haha^ she is a beauty! Also forgot to mention that the torch comes with the. compressed air hose and inline reg that gtt sells.

Pm'd

Sold pending payment, thanks.

OK figured it out,,,,I am assuming from all the posts that this is a really good torch? Is this too much for a beginner, or could a guy grow into it....

Default GTT Delta Elite with compressed air manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by PyePye View Post
    OK figured it out,,,,I am assuming from all the posts that this is a really good torch? Is this too much for a beginner, or could a guy grow into it....
    Looking back on it many years later:

It would be nice, if one had the funds, to buy a decent sized torch from the outset - if you had the discipline to use nothing but the center fire for the first X number of years or months (depending on whom you ask- I say years.).
    It's like giving a 20 year old kid a monthly allowance of $5k/month, but telling him to live like the rest of us and not be spoiled...It could happen, but not likely.
    I'm old school so I'd start you on a minor burner winding soft-glass beads onto Mandrels...;-)

Edited for punctuation and missing word due to rushing so I can go blow glass.

Way too big for a beginner I would definitely say! I've owned all 2 stage triple mix GTTs and the delta is massive! To start with for first 2 stage I would recommend a phantom or dual mix scorpion. Bethlehem also makes a bravo that's awsome for learning and advanced alike, I mainly use a kobuki, but my bravo is also setup and gets used A LOT! Any dual stage burner that can go to 1" wide will be the most usable and perfect size flame for anything you wanna try. Going bigger will be a waste of fuels as you'll only be comfortable melting with a mid size flame, so on a delta you'll use 54 ports to make a 22 port(phantom) size flame. Definitely go phantom or bravo in my opinion, bravo more so because its easier to use and has a more forgiving soft flame that heats very evenly and is easy to work color without boiling and great flame chemistry that's easy for beginners to learn how to use different types of flames( oxidized/neutral/reducing) for controlling color outcome. Any torch will melt glass, if you don't have the $ you can buy two national 3-A hand torches, strap one ontop of the other, top one is for your smallfire tip, and the one under/ in front and below you put a 31-45+ port tip for your large fire. Cheapest two stage for starting off poor in my opinion, then a hand torch is always handy when you upgrade I had a student that I showed this to, he used A small 7 port tip ontop and a 31 port tip on bottom, one hooked to a 5 lpm and the other on a 10 lpm and never paid an oxygen bill till he upgraded past spoons, sherlocks/ two piece welds, and jewelry. Just get what u can afford for a 2 stage in the bravo/phantom range and that will keep you more than happy for a very long time! Then go to a mirage or champion( same size flames) for a large step up, but you'll always want the option for a good mid size flame. When I got my delta I soon traded down to a mirage which is a lot more in my comfort zone. Now my kobuki is perfect because I have that phantom midfire! The champion was also great! I'm waiting on the new Beth 3 stage now :-)

Delta elite with air is a monster! Most penetrating large two stage ever! Better be working big ;-)