Hey everyone!

I just received my Darby Dipper Crucible kiln & I'm planning on attempting my first melt in the next week or so. I've never used one before so I'm hoping to get feedback, suggestions, programming info(Ramp/Hold Times, Temp settings for certain colors, cool down etc..) Or any tricks or things to avoid when using it especially color suggestions. Also do I need to do a surface raking after it heats up? I see old threads with scattered random info so I figured this thread would help me & others out with the process.

My plan is dipping 44.4x4mm tubing in or maybe 50mm into possibly an aqua/teal to start for the only crucible I have. Then my goal is potentially to do yellow cadmium dips which I'll then tube encase since I don't have a 2nd crucible yet for clear.

Are there any people out there using the Dipper that can help me out? ANy info you can provide would be awesome like how long you can keep the lid open while dipping, how slow to dip in, do I preheat my clear in the kiln to temp first, do occasionals or odds work well?

Thanks