The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Borosilicate vials LOTS of them!

Default Re: Borosilicate vials LOTS of them!

**Bump** Sent you a PM about shipping quote and my paypal info!

Thanks

Glocc....i can't get into my pm's right now...keeps giving me a "database error" or some shite. i IM'd you on facebook.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

The best way for those to order some of these is to contact me through PM, or better yet, by using the contact form here: http://otherjunk.com/

For example, I just quoted someone UPS one of each brick, from Utah to New Mexico, $37.07 shipping.

Yay! All paid up, thanks again Joe! Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Quote Originally Posted by cutfingers View Post
    OK, here's some more specs:

Caps part numbers (common, do a google search) If you have an Industrial Container store, they stock them. Small vial cap is P/N 15-425 black phenolic cap. Large vial cap is P/N 18-400 black phenolic cap.

To ship these, figure the large brick is 11 lbs, without packing materials. the small brick is 8.3 lbs without packaging materials. You could fit a brick in a large flat rate box of either size. I don't know if I'd recommend the Large flat rate box, because it will not leave much room for padding. May get breakage. I'd figure using the LFRB for an inner box though. By the way, the small vial has 283 vials per brick. The large is 203 vials. I am not to anxious in selling any less than brick qtys at this time. I'm interested in selling these for $19 per brick. I have about 40 bricks of small, about 60 bricks of the large. When they are gone, that's it. Typically vials like this sell for $.25 -$.60 each. They are great for beads and findings storage too. Thanks for the interest!
    Sent you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry-Allen View Post
    graphite rods are cheap.<5$ depending on size. tap & dies are cheap <20$ graphite is extremely easy to work. just sayin. lets stop pooping on this sales thread.

I would like to buy some.
    Cool, make some up for us. For me machining graphite is a pain and makes a mess/ hazard in my studio. Maybe Im not doing it right. Maybe you could start a new thread and elaborate on your technique so as not to not "poop" on anyone elses sales.
    Last edited by VinE; 03-13-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    Respect is earned.

I can't wait for these to show up!

BTW

the thread size is in the Part Number Small lids are 15-425 thread finish and Large are 18-400 thread finish... looking for a die right now since I already have graphite rods laying around I bought to turn in to old ball stuff just like this! If anyone has a link for one of these thread sizes in a die please let me know via PM! I haven't finished looking but all leads up until now are gone...(mainly cuz i don't know how to convert the thread size to die size, any help appreciated!)

so what are yall planning on doin with these? it would be cool to have a drain hole on tubes with percs so you dont have to pour the dirty water out the top. practically any water piece would benefit from having a drain hole near the bottom i think. i have access to a mountain of these things as well have been wanting to do something with them for a while.

^^ that's a great idea!
    i've got a couple ideas in my head.....but i'm not telling until i can post a pic of them

also i think (someone said) these are Kimble....the shumdiggityshiznit (the cat's pajamas, the bees knees) for silver fume honecombs.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

For all those who bought the vials, would you please let others know how everything worked out? Please also show some of your creations some time! Thanks, Joe

(Several people posted they want some, but then never contacted me????)

Hey if you've still got some ill take some of the larger size so I can try and see if they are as good as everyone says for honeycombs
    There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive. This ecstasy, this forgetfulness of living, comes to the artist, caught up and out of himself in a sheet of flame ; it comes to the soldier, war mad on a stricken battlefield and refusing quarter. ~ Jack London

Instagram ---- Captain_Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Glass View Post
    Hey if you've still got some ill take some of the larger size so I can try and see if they are as good as everyone says for honeycombs
    So many have said "I'll take some..." But you need to CONTACT me PM or through my contact for listed earlier. I need your zipcode and information. Better through a message. Plus I can give you my PayPal info....

UPDATE:

Rather than all the PM's and emails and looking up shipping rates. I have listed these on ebay. (a little more $ because of all the fees, but you may save that on the ebay shipping
    I have them in singles of each size, one of each in one shipping box, and 2 of each in one shipping box. Thanks for all who have placed orders!

Ebay items: