The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Airsep AS-45 Oxy Generator, holding tank and refrigerated air dryer - East Texas

ccreamer Lurker

Default Airsep AS-45 Oxy Generator, holding tank and refrigerated air dryer - East Texas

In storage right now, can get pics if there is interest.
    Airsep AS-45 - refurbished and media replaced when I purchased it in 2007 - has been in storage for the last few years. 45-55 SCFH - current model by Airsep is AS-B

Includes:
    AS-45
    60 gallon holding tank
    Speedaire Refrigerated Air Dryer

$1750 for everything.

I would recommend changing the filters on both the AS-45 and the air dryer. The were fine when I was using it, but that has been a while.
    When I had it set up I had a couple water separators before the refrigerated air dryer. It is extremely important to supply dry air!

You will need an air compressor that is capable of delivering air at a rate of 12-15 cmf at 90 psi. That will be about a 6hp. Bigger is even better.

I'm in east Texas and would prefer it being picked up. Shipping would be difficult due to the size.

pm me if interested.

Cory

Default Re: Airsep AS-45 Oxy Generator, holding tank and refrigerated air dryer - East Texas

That's a great deal! I've got an as-20 and my compressor is a big old body shop compressor. 18cfm @120psi, and it runs too much. I'd buy the biggest compressor you can afford.

Default Re: Airsep AS-45 Oxy Generator, holding tank and refrigerated air dryer - East Texas

What torch or torches were you able to run with this set up?

ccreamer Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by SethBickis View Post
    What torch or torches were you able to run with this set up?
    The largest of my torches was a Mirage which ran with no problem. I was the only one working off of it. Before I purchased the oxy gen I got smutboy420's input. He has a ton of knowledge on oxygen generators. He said it will deliver a little more oxygen than a Pro4 which is what he was running at the time.

Cory

ccreamer Lurker

If you have an interest, pm me. I would consider meeting or I could look into shipping it via freight. I should be able to get some pictures this next weekend.

Cory

ccreamer Lurker

I got some pics yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS45.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	73169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS45_Inside.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	73170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS45_Nameplate.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	73171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DryerUpClose.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	73172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Everything.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	73173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TankPlate.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	73174

Hopefully these show...

ccreamer Lurker

Dropping the price to $1600. I can look into shipping it via a freight company - that is how it was shipped to me, but I don't recall how much it cost. It arrived on two pallets if I remember correctly.

Cory

Could this efficiently run a Bethlehem PM2D or Herbert Arnold 40mm ?

I'm not the seller but I have the same system but a step down, and I'd say yes no problem even though I understand herbies are 02 hogs.... I'm sure I coukd use either one on mine and it's smaller. Could probably run 2 pm2ds. I took my fatory regulator off my holding tank and just use inline regs, looks like he did the same. Could run 2 phantoms under normal working conditions.
    You'd also need to buy a huge compressor, but I'm surprised nobody's jumped all over this. I paid much more and mines the size smaller.

Oh man I wish I lived closer and could afford this!!!!!!!! Why you selling if u don't mind me asking? I hope you can keep working glass

ccreamer Lurker

Sorry I'm just now responding - I didn't see there had been new postings. I'm selling because I got out of working glass (about 7 years ago). Major change in my life. I've sold my Mirage and all the glass I had locally when I still lived in DFW. About all I have left is a Lynx and a Kavalier H1 Torch (and foot pedal that came with it) and an original Heat Defense pad.

I can drop the price to $1500 and can meet somewhere in Texas or can look into shipping via freight.

It is still available.

I am intrested, I live in arkansas but I would consider the drive. Could you go any lower?

ccreamer Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite8 View Post
    I am intrested, I live in arkansas but I would consider the drive. Could you go any lower?
    pm sent to you

Ever looking to get rid of the lynx?

I live in south west Louisiana. Do you still have the lynx?

ccreamer Lurker

Still have this, but I've moved it out of storage - I would like to sell it cuz it is just taking up room.

PRICE DROP TO $1200

I've also got a PDF of the Instruction Manual.

If you would like more recent pics - let me know.
    Cory
    Last edited by ccreamer; 11-25-2015 at 02:31 PM.

So all I would need is to replace some filters and the big air compressor and it's good to go? Wish I was closer any chance u ship to pa. Anyone have idea how much that could cost to ship??

ccreamer Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by swillz View Post
    So all I would need is to replace some filters and the big air compressor and it's good to go? Wish I was closer any chance u ship to pa. Anyone have idea how much that could cost to ship??
    That should be it - but to be completely honest, it hasn't run since I put it in storage. You would probably need some kind of a regulator as well.
    It would maybe all fit on one pallet - I think when it was shipped to me it was on two pallets though - which is what I would probably recommend so you don't end up with a pallet with an odd weight distribution. You would need to call a trucking company to find out. I'm near Tyler TX so if you found someone with a hub here I could drive it to them to drop it off. If you couldn't find someone near Tyler then Dallas is only a couple hours away - I could drive it there and drop it off at their shipping center. To figure out the cost you will need to know some things -

the AS-45 is 58 inches high by 17 inches wide by 15 inches deep and weighs 238 lbs

the holding tank is probably 50 inches high by 24 inches wide by 24 inches deep and maybe weighs 100-120 lbs

the air dryer is probaby 14x16x15 and weighs 40 lbs

You might be able to use uship.com to get a bid to ship it - right now it is not on a pallet.

Cory

If I could come and pick it up w my truck and I was close I think it would be a good option for me but it's the distance. I think this is a great deal for anyone close. Crazy it hasn't sold. Thanks for the info

If you still have this I would see about shipping to Vermont. I'm just worried about that cost, I never live close enough to good deals dammit! Pm if so please, thanks.