The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homefill units. :o) Best place to get and what do you think?

Icon5 Homefill units. :o) Best place to get and what do you think?

Haven't worked with glass for a few years now but am looking to get back into it. Want to set up a spot where I live so I can work on my own terms and not worry about rent in a shop. I can't get away with having a liquid tank here and it is too much for just me anyway. I have a Carlisle CC and the guy at Salt City Glass Supply told me a homefill was my best option. The more research I did I knew he was right. Salt City Glass Supply seems pretty reputable but just want to know what you guys think. I know you need attachments and parts sometimes fail which makes me worried about buying a used one but I am not against saving $500 either. Never have seen one of these things up and running. I've been outta the glass loop for a while now. I've done some reading on here but any advice would be great. If you have dealt with Salt City Glass Supply before what do you think or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks :o) Tara Harty

Default Re: Homefill units. :o) Best place to get and what do you think?

I just got my homefill last week from salt city.they are very nice people. From what I understand all of there units are completely rebuilt so imo they are worth the money and should pay for themselves quite quickly. Im still setting my studio up at home again so I haven't started filling tanks yet but this week I'll have it going hopefully tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like the flame chemistry on a oxycon (I use a pm2d) and using a 2 tank homefill.

I ordered the two tank homefil without the oxycon because I have one but got the 4 foot whip just last week. $1054.00. I dont mind paying a bit more to have good people who back what they sell. SaltCity glass are the people to deal with on lots of things.

It will cost me the same price as 26 K tanks filled so I think I will get my moneys worth. I told myself I could not get a bigger torch then my Cheetah till I got an oxygen system capable of supporting a bigger torch. Hauling tanks kicks my ass so bad I cant torch much till I heal up.

I'm already saving up funds for a new Mirage. Hope to place my order with GTT around August.

Ill do a little write up on the homefil when I get it and will let you know if it goes great or is a nightmare.

Thanks guys. Glad to know the Salt City Glass people are cool. Moving K tanks is not fun for sure. :o)

Salt City is way cool. Masters of the art of customer service.

Cool guys! Guess I know how I am going to progress. :o)